Domain Empire

sales 1Money.com Sold For $40,000 USD At Atom

Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also I will never share any sales in future , only negativity is being spread on public forums by newbies here.

This is a public forum and one should avoid saying buyer overpaid or domain not worth 40k.

That is why sales like these are rare since we all are making buyer minds to pay in low xxxx range for all names.

strange. namepros lost its charm.

•••
Also I will never share any sales in future , only negativity is being spread on public forums by newbies here.

This is a public forum and one should avoid saying buyer overpaid or domain not worth 40k.

That is why sales like these are rare since we all are making buyer minds to pay in low xxxx range for all names.

Most of NP users congratulate you for your great sale. We appreciate it and thank you for sharing it with us.

Don't stop sharing your sales just for a jealous guy that has been triggered for each big domain sale lately on this forum.

Last edited:
•••

oh I see so u and others who agree with u can post that view but those who do not should be quiet. sounds to me like your more of a newbie than all other newbies combined

•••
You have very low knowledge of domains or you pretend to be a very successful domainer, You should atleast search the term on google.

Where would you go if someone ask to visit 1 password .com ? do you know 1password company worth?

Have you ever seen 1money app on app store with near 8 million downloads and famous app of finance niche ?

wish you luck.

Learn here instead of spreading hate and fake knowledge.

Well Said! Thank you.

•••

Correlation does not always equal causation.

I see just one Negative Nancy.
Everyone else applauds you, not least based on the data too. Data supports like # of exts taken.

You can choose not share in future; but you are still a hero in my eyes; thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
You have very low knowledge of domains or you pretend to be a very successful domainer,
How can you expect me to take this seriously when you don't even attempt to address any of the arguments I've presented.

You should atleast search the term on google.

Where would you go if someone ask to visit 1 password .com ? do you know 1password company worth?

Have you ever seen 1money app on app store with near 8 million downloads and famous app of finance niche ?
You're talking about this site?

1715059331453.png

Yeah, I'm not sure that warrants a upgrade. They're most likely relying on the app stores for their downloads anyway. And it's not like they bought the domain to begin with.

wish you luck.
Thank you.

Learn here instead of spreading hate and fake knowledge.
Nothing of what I've said here has been false or misleading.

The seller got lucky. The buyer had more money than sense. It happens.

•••
I've praised plenty of deals for being fair, take galatea.com. Sold for $275,000. That's a perfectly reasonable price for that domain.

And I've been around for 7 years, you've been around for 8, so the "newbie" comment is a bit unwarranted.

I disagree. I think people here ought to be impartial and present a reasonable interpretation of the market, rather than engaging in this make-believe fantasy where we all gaslight ourselves into thinking that outlier sales are the norm.

End-users aren't engaging in these threads, and the vast majority of buyers have budgets in the thousand dollar range. So the idea that most sales are in that range shouldn't come as a surprise.

There are domains that are worth millions of dollars, tens of million even. We can all, preemptively, agree on what a million dollar domain is. Likewise, most of us can identify a four-, five-, or six figure domain, and I'd assume that most of us understand that this domain will struggle to sell for four figures if it ever reenters the aftermarket. And I don't see a reason for why we should openly lie about that.

•••
•••
•••
•••
How can you expect me to take this seriously when you don't even attempt to address any of the arguments I've presented.

You're talking about this site?

Show attachment 256389
Yeah, I'm not sure that warrants a upgrade. They're most likely relying on the app stores for their downloads anyway. And it's not like they bought the domain to begin with.

Thank you.

Nothing of what I've said here has been false or misleading.

The seller got lucky. The buyer had more money than sense. It happens.
Even if the buyer does have more money than sense, I'm struggling to see the downside/negative outcome that you're pursuing here - is it that you vehemently believe alphanumerics should not sell for a high amount, or that a 'bad' domain (in your opinion) sold?

Or is it that you believe you have better names in your portfolio and it annoys you that the seller is laughing all the way to the bank for selling a 'worse'/'bad'/'inferior' name for big bucks while yours remain unsold?

I ask because I'm not sure your rant/complaint is purely altruistic...

Last edited:
•••
Even if the buyer does have more money than sense, I'm struggling to see the downside/negative outcome that you're pursuing here - is it that you vehemently believe alphanumerics should not sell for a high amount, or that a 'bad' domain (in your opinion) sold?
I don't think it's a premium. And I do so based off previous sales (from the last month):

1715077578814.png

1715142586707.png

1715142613515.png

So here we have a number-word domain that should be worth roughly five times as much (if all else is neutral) selling for a fraction of the price.

And it's interesting because 1money.com is the highest sale ever of its kind, according to namebio. Everything points to it being an outlier sale.

Or is it that you believe you have better names in your portfolio and it annoys you that the seller is laughing all the way to the bank for selling a 'worse'/'bad'/'inferior' name for big bucks while yours remain unsold?
I'm not sure why people here are under the impression that I'm upset over this sale. Like I've clarified: I'm not. The problem I have is people in bad faith pushing this as a fair deal. It's not. It's a grift. And while I'm happy for the seller, it's not something that anyone here should base their sales strategies.

And the only domain that's comparable is onemoney.com, which I don't own. So if someone is looking for the brand "One Money" I have nothing to offer them.

I ask because I'm not sure your rant/complaint is purely altruistic...
Yes I'm being sincere. It's the same as when I see people here wasting money on .xyz domains after Swetha makes another five figure deal. Not only is Swetha the only seller able to consistently push these deals, but the vast majority of these sales are by her. Ignoring the fact that most similar .xyz domains are in the three figure range.

•••
My contribution to this topic, as a newbie (-ish), is actually the first thing I learned from NP - the domain is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay for it...

•••

Congrats. You definitely got the maximum out of this domain but you obviously have a nice portfolio with multiple 5 figure sales now.

Would you mind sharing the overall size of your portfolio or annual renewal costs to provide the beginners with some context?

•••
I do love the way people re arguing over whether it's a good or bad name. You are the first to say a domain is what people price it as yet when it isn't what you expect your biases won't let you accept the facts.

2 domains have sold at prices you were not expecting. To dismiss that is delusional.

.com domains are becoming scarce and people are resorting to longer domain names especially when the short ones are so expensive.

In reality, how many people actually type out a domain name v Google v clicking on a link? Then you get the dumb "radio test" - is this 1950's?

Then you get the SEO brigade harping on about Moz DA/PA/SS - complete nonsense as proven by Google.

There are so many unwritten rules in domaining because it is not a science no matter how hard you try and make it into one, That's why none of the valuations will ever be correct.

•••

Real shame. I think the sale is brilliant and an example of the future.

NamePros like Reddit is being saturated with people who become focused on unwritten rules which are neither real nor even close to reality.

Keep going!

•••
I don't think it's a premium. And I do so based off previous sales (from the last month):

Show attachment 256408

Show attachment 256447
Show attachment 256448

So here we have a number-word domain that should be worth roughly five times as much (if all else is neutral) selling for a fraction of the price.

And it's interesting because 1money.com is the highest sale ever of its kind, according to namebio. Everything points to it being an outlier sale.

I'm not sure why people here are under the impression that I'm upset over this sale. Like I've clarified: I'm not. The problem I have is people in bad faith pushing this as a fair deal. It's not. It's a grift. And while I'm happy for the seller, it's not something that anyone here should base their sales strategies.

And the only domain that's comparable is onemoney.com, which I don't own. So if someone is looking for the brand "One Money" I have nothing to offer them.

Yes I'm being sincere. It's the same as when I see people here wasting money on .xyz domains after Swetha makes another five figure deal. Not only is Swetha the only seller able to consistently push these deals, but the vast majority of these sales are by her. Ignoring the fact that most similar .xyz domains are in the three figure range.
1Media was greatly undersold. Seller left some money on the table.

Last edited:
•••
Just bought the .ai version.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
1Media was greatly undersold. Seller left some money on the table.
It was a wholesale, it expired and a domainer bought it. Rick Schwartz or Logan Flatt would not sell 1Media.com for that price.

•••
I think the key to understand this transaction lies on the market (expected) worth of the buyer. And my guess is this is it: 1MG

@OnlineDomainShop , congratulations on your sale!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back