IT.COM

Trademark issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Is it so bad as people say ?
In most cases the companys give you a offer for the domain before they bring in the lawyer, and then it just to take it.

So can you make profit of registering trademark domains ?

Not talking the really really big companys here :guilty:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It costs $1,500+ to recover a name through UDRP, so I guess for a lot of small to midsize companies it would make sense to just pay any amount less than this.

For big companies, they probably have lawyers on retainer, and would rather fight each TM violation in order to discourage copycat violators.

From there, its between you and your conscience, I guess.

•••
hmm

Just, register a domain and contact the company to sell it.
If you are lucky you will make some profit, or not the say: Give us the domain or we kill you.

Here in Sweden we dont actully sue people, not like in the USA anyway :D

Last edited:
•••
Lol people sue people no matter where you live ;)

•••
Offcourse, but it seems that ppl in USA sue everyone all the time ;D

•••
Originally posted by cmos
Offcourse, but it seems that ppl in USA sue everyone all the time ;D

Perhaps.

Registering ™ domains and then contacting companies (large or small) in the hopes of selling the domain(s) to them is an exhibition of "bad faith". I would recommend being more creative with one's registrations and/or register domains with general "generic" re-sale potential or development capacities, IMHO. I would not recommed the ™ route.
Best of Luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back