IT.COM

Your #1 Curiosity

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is one thing that you would like to know more about domains? Or what is the one thing that fascinates you the most about the whole domain thing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The way its so complex. Reminds me of the stockmarket. I feel like its like wallstreet. You could play the domain game for a career, but there isn't enough hours in the day to do everything you would need to do. Monitor snaps. Write sales letters etc.

•••
Some people seem to make a living and some companies seem to be thriving... so it is possible. keep trying :)

•••
What really facinates me is when the whole world can do manage with phone numbers, fax numbers etc which have no order or hint at the person to whom it is assigned why is there such a fuss about domain names when we could have just as easily used IP numbers.

•••
I'm always amazed that when you put something on the net without a phone number, everyone flames about you trying to hide your contact info. But the second you post a phone number for them to contact you, no one calls. Just sold another domain yesterday for $1K, I'm not getting rich off this, but I will get through school riding this wave.

Don

•••
Congrats on your sale Don.

Cheers!

•••
Don, maybe you better have some toll free numbers :lol:

•••
Originally posted by WhiteLion
The way its so complex. Reminds me of the stockmarket. I feel like its like wallstreet. You could play the domain game for a career, but there isn't enough hours in the day to do everything you would need to do. Monitor snaps. Write sales letters etc.

What are monitor snaps? Never heard that before...
:?

•••
Originally posted by KingDon
I'm always amazed that when you put something on the net without a phone number, everyone flames about you trying to hide your contact info. But the second you post a phone number for them to contact you, no one calls. Just sold another domain yesterday for $1K, I'm not getting rich off this, but I will get through school riding this wave.

Don

Yeah congrats, that's awesome.

•••
Whoa... That's... a lot woo. Good job! Congrads ^^

•••
Originally posted by bethytk
What are monitor snaps? Never heard that before...
:?

He means to watch the drops/Expired's/RGP's/Pending Delete's and to monitor (verb) the Snaps, Bethy.

www.snapnames.com ($69 per Snap). :)

•••
Don: congrats. want to buy some of mine for 1K? :-D

•••
Congrats, btw, is there any program who watch the drops/Expired's/RGP's/Pending Delete's and to monitor domains?`
If can give me url to a site where i can buy the program..
Thx :)

•••
Thanks Cool Host for explaining the Snap thing.

•••
what i'm curious about most is how do they do it? :D How do they have a name point to a nameserver? How do they have it registered, you know what I mean? How come we cant all just set up our own server and register our own names for free?

Thats my curiosity :)

•••
My curiosity is how do you find the right buyer? And once you do, how do you sell it to them?

•••
Originally posted by Lord
How come we cant all just set up our own server and register our own names for free?

Thats my curiosity :)

:laugh: I share that curiosity!

•••
because someone had a little foresight and realized that would be chaos.

•••
Or they realized there was room enough for them to make a profit? :p

•••
Originally posted by gromy
My curiosity is how do you find the right buyer? And once you do, how do you sell it to them?

Research and market your domain names. In the Appraisals, you will often see folks assisting with potential "leads" (from Google results, other possibly developed extensions, what have you). I think for newer or less experienced domainers, following and comprehending these Appraisals can give you some insight on marketing and hopeful negotiations and sales. There are also sample "marketing letters" in the Marketing Forum for your use.
Stay active and involved on the Namepros site and "community", and many of the areas that you addressed broadly will likely be addressed more specifically, IMHO.
Good Luck with your domain names! :)

•••
Originally posted by bethytk
Thanks Cool Host for explaining the Snap thing.

You're welcome, Bethy. :)

PS. webmasterinfo ... www.domainsbot.com (a paid service).

•••
I'm curious how Verisign is the market leader. It has been years since they advertised on national TV. So, what are they doing now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back