Dynadot

Above.com - Above-Managed or Self-Serve?

NameSilo
Watch

ruudbrowens

Established Member
Impact
Hey Monetizers, using above for many years now, tested self serve, above managed, and selve serve again, and compared I´m happier with the self serve option because of havin more control overy practically every aspect, even if not havin the bodis account anymore (did never had and only above managed could fix that). Trust, whitelistening and revenue´s growing without above managed however ways faster from my experience. Less burned traffic goes to stupid not adblock ready 2-click landers, more goes to Maxi if self served (if knowing how to "tweak" some things;). But that´s just my experience. How is yours?

Any opinions how´s going with your revenues, compared both options?
how´s going generally US Geo vs. country codes etc.?
experiences how long above managed takes to rock revenues, compared to self served?

In my eyes it is a quite important topic, since with above.com there´s left over just that one good network together with trellian.com (Affinity/Siteplug not good anymore).

Let if flow

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those who are sceptical:
monetization with Above com´s Maximizer - means mainly redirecting to premium advertisers without to have Big G and parking services as middlemen between the publisher, handshake (Above) and advertiser. In my eyes the future of parking and monetization.

For Above users:
You know there´s nothing like Trellian/Above and sometimes many pubs run into trouble there not knowing how to boost revenues. I guess a discussion would be appreciated for many....

•••
Maybe they can reply to my email that I've sent many times about a domain that infringes my trademark and contains content that infringes my trademark. They should act within their policy and cancel services to said domain.

Trellian serves fake pages that, for instance, pretend to be the BBC website when they are not. Etc.

•••
Could be a freerider Advertiser who takes part in Trellian Bidding. If there´s a faked page than it´s not from Trellian, but by the advertiser, since Trellian doesn´t operate landers, it´s a "Handshake" company between Publishers and Advertisers. I guess the only thing left for you is to go for an UDRP against the registrant of the domain who infringes your tradmark. Checking whois first and contacting the registrar with a trademark infringment claim. I wouldn´t know by myself what to do otherwise in the first place.

As mentioned, Trellian is just a handskake middleman for Publishers and Advertisers. You have tons of daily infringments using Parking Companies too, so need to push it on Trellian from my pov.

Last edited:
•••
Could be a freerider Advertiser who takes part in Trellian Bidding. If there´s a faked page than it´s not from Trellian, but by the advertiser, since Trellian doesn´t operate landers, it´s a "Handshake" company between Publishers and Advertisers. I guess the only thing left for you is to go for an UDRP against the registrant of the domain who infringes your tradmark. Checking whois first and contacting the registrar with a trademark infringment claim. I wouldn´t know by myself what to do otherwise in the first place.

As mentioned, Trellian is just a handskake middleman for Publishers and Advertisers. You have tons of daily infringments using Parking Companies too, so need to push it on Trellian from my pov.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like they should take action when users are serving dodgy stuff, it's not beyond the wit of man.

•••
Thanks for the info. Sounds like they should take action when users are serving dodgy stuff, it's not beyond the wit of man.
They can´t test each campaign created by advertisers, it´s not a government institution with thousands of employees. Most advertisers are the biggest players in the world, but there may be some dubious freeriders too that play their system, without question. I really cannot help you more right now how badly I would like to. Claim your rights after checking the whois at the registrar that´s showed at whois.

•••
Indeed. When stuff is reported they should take action and use code (automated checks) to guarantee that what they're serving doesn't get served again. I'm sure they probably don't because it's not in the interests to bother.

•••
Im´sorry for you because of the troubles you have, and as I wrote, your way is definetely the journey about an UDRP. But don´t forget, the scammer is the Domain REGISTRANT, so probably one of us here on the forum...
and not Trellian or Above themself.
Me as publisher with 1K domains, but also as advertiser, I take UDRP very serious, but there´re many of "domainers" who don´t.

•••
At the moment I only use bodis. Does anyone have a real experience after use (bodis, parkingcrew, maximizer)? Were the results better ? Thank you.

•••
My results have been great since using Above. I prefer the self manage option versus the managed. I currently use it with PC & Bodis. I'm glad I gave them a shot, my parking revenue has doubled.

•••
My results have been great since using Above. I prefer the self manage option versus the managed. I currently use it with PC & Bodis. I'm glad I gave them a shot, my parking revenue has doubled.
do you have maximizer off ?

•••
The maximizer is on but rotates through pc, above, and bodis.

•••
Thanks for starting this thread @ruudbrowens. Great to see the discussion here regarding self serve and Managed Portfolio Service options.

As mentioned, the Managed Portfolio Service is not for everyone. If you are passionate about your data, stats, and run detailed service level repots, the self serve option is a perfect fit.

Managed Portfolio Service, however, is for investors who do not have the time to manage the monetization of their portfolio, but want results.

Always happy to connect and discuss. :)

Liz Corona

•••
I have just (yesterday) switched to Above.com for my 1200 names. The system looks great and interested to see the results. I am looking for help with the sale as well as parking.

•••
I have just (yesterday) switched to Above.com for my 1200 names. The system looks great and interested to see the results. I am looking for help with the sale as well as parking.

Thank you @domainsnamer. Yes, we did see the domains this Friday and the team continues to get your domains prepped for maximum optimization. Feel free to direct message me if you have further questions.

Liz Corona

•••
Back