IT.COM

Alter.com said: FAREWELL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
It is very unfortunate that a leading Marketplace for Brandable domain names, Alter.com, has said in its latest communique that they are going to stop business from April 2, 2022.
Here is the Message, we received just now:
Farewell​
Hi there,
First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for using Alter to sell your domain names. We couldn't have come this far without your invaluable support.
Over the last couple years we've been on a mission to transform the domain industry. However, despite all our attempts we weren't able to find a sustainable business model. So it is with a heavy heart I write to you today to say farewell.
On April 2nd, all third-party domain listings will be removed from our marketplace. Seller accounts will remain active for the foreseeable future so those with a positive balance or pending installments can continue to cash out.
Lastly, we realize this decision wouldn't be fair to sellers who spent money to have professional logos designed on our platform. So we have refunded all relevant payments back to your account balance which can be cashed out at any time.
We truly wish you all the best in your future endeavors. It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t the outcome we wanted but we’re thankful to everyone that came with us on the journey.
Sincerely,
Deven Patel
Founder & CEO

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So painful. Got the message from them

•••
it looks their slogan CHANGE THE WORLD... not working.

•••
CHANGE THE WORLD... Another time

•••
A considerable number of domains have since found shelter elsewhere. The number of domains with nameservers still pointing to Alter is currently around 16,000.

•••
It's the same post that has been posted several times. I don't think that it is right to say that Alter is closing because @F.E. is still negotiating a sale.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back