Dynadot

Amazon changing fee structure

NameSilo
Watch
Effective March 1, Amazon is changing its affiliate fee structure from a primarily tiered compensation to a flat rate by category. They are uncapping earnings on PC's, but will only be offering 2.5%.

Whether this works for you or not depends on what you sell. If you do a lot of volume in a category that's going to be fixed at 4% or 4.5% that will probably suck.

There are also some program policy changes. And affiliates in Arkansas will now be able to participate.

Details here:
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/compare

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
looks like most high volume affiliates will be taking a pay cut.

•••
I do a lot of sales in lawn and garden, but also a lot of volume from some lower compensation categories. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this year.

•••
Amazon displays on 1st search page result for just about anything. What do they need affiliates for? :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
Amazon displays on 1st search page result for just about anything. What do they need affiliates for? :whistle:

Presell = Higher conversions.
Though the crap affiliates who just spew product feeds with no added value are dispensable.

They don't even need rankings, people just search on Amazon.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking of setting up ebay or amazon on a "wine" domain I have.
with amazon paying 0 % commission on wine, it will have to be ebay.

anyone use amazon or ebay api ?

for starters, I would like to have something like the old ebay editor kit listings.

•••
You can make something similar to to the old editor kit widgets by using the RSS feed. (Yeah, I know :xf.rolleyes: )
I haven't used the Amazon API lately but plan to look into it when I have the time (hah!). Would make sense to switch - I do a lot of links manually, use native shopping ads for others.

•••
Back