IT.COM

Amazon cuts affiliate commissions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Amazon just announced drastic cuts to their affiliate commission structure. Categories that were formerly paying 8% and 6% were slashed to 3%, some others are going to 1%.
If youre an Amazon affiliate who ignores their program update emails, you should read this one.
Takeaways:
1) Find other revenue sources. Some players will probably see an opportunity and step up.
2) Beware of buying Amazon affiliate websites based on previous income.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google Makes Listing Products on Its Shopping Service Free

The Alphabet Inc. unit will let merchants post their wares on Google Shopping for free regardless of whether they pay for Google ads. Before, these listings were all sponsored, meaning merchants paid Google every time someone clicked through to their website from a Google product listing.

The move may reduce advertising revenue initially, but it could also entice more merchants to use Google Shopping in the long term. The company turned the service into a paid product in 2012 and it grew into a huge business, generating billions of dollars in highly profitable revenue each quarter.

•••
Amazon just announced drastic cuts to their affiliate commission structure. Categories that were formerly paying 8% and 6% were slashed to 3%, some others are going to 1%.
If youre an Amazon affiliate who ignores their program update emails, you should read this one.
Takeaways:
1) Find other revenue sources. Some players will probably see an opportunity and step up.
2) Beware of buying Amazon affiliate websites based on previous income.
Amazon has become The Man.

It's only a matter of time before those percentages turn to zero

•••
Try another affiliate program , like affiliate hosting , stable commission from 30 up to 50 % on every single sales

•••
no wonder so many developed affiliate-based sites are going cheap on Flippa these days. people should exercise caution while purchasing them.

Thanks for highlighting this @enlytend!

Last edited:
•••
Try another affiliate program , like affiliate hosting , stable commission from 30 up to 50 % on every single sales

That’s not a niche I play in.
I do have partnerships with some independent merchants - I will be pushing them more and seeking out more of them.
This hurt because I was doing very well with AZ - got lazy and didn’t diversify ...

•••
no wonder so many developed affiliate-based sites are going cheap on Flippa these days. people should exercise caution while purchasing them.

Thanks for highlighting this @enlytend!

Some may still be good deals, but you need to do your homework and crunch the numbers.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back