Dynadot

Any French speakers here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a domain that might be a gem depending on if the wording is correct. Thank you in advance for taking your time out to help me.

ACHETERETVENDRE.NET It translates to buyandsell.net.I did a check on google adwords and i checked on google.fr so far everything checks out.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
Yes, it means "buy and sell" in French

I have almost the same net - Acheter-Vendre.net :wave:

•••
thank you very much!!!! rep added

•••
Correct. And this not an IDN :)

•••
yeah i knew it as soon as I posted.

•••
yes, it is correctly spelled, great name, congrats.

•••
Yes, its correct. The position is like this
ACHETER ET VENDRE
BUY AND SELL
Cheerio

•••
Thank you for your replies. I have two more that I need verification on

RAPPORTDECRÉDIT.COM (Creditreport.com)

DOSSIERDECRÉDIT.NET (Creditfile.net)

are these two the correct phrasing? And they are IDN's this time hehe.

•••
•••
•••
•••
i wouldn't like to create a separate thread for my question as it is the same.
Please say what "montrez" means in French. it seems to mean "show" verb, but i know "montrer" means it. could anybody clarify the diffrence between "montrez" and "montrer" then?

•••
In French there are two different words for you: "tu" and "vous".
"tu" is familiar, for friends and family, children... - people you know well or animals/pets.
"vous" is formal and/or plural of "you". Directed to people you just met or don´know well, older people - form of respect.
Montrer is the infinitive form: To Show
Montrez is the formal or plural form: You show

•••
Humangus said:
In French there are two different words for you: "tu" and "vous".
"tu" is familiar, for friends and family, children... - people you know well or animals/pets.
"vous" is formal and/or plural of "you". Directed to people you just met or don´know well, older people - form of respect.
Montrer is the infinitive form: To Show
Montrez is the formal or plural form: You show
thank you for explaining in such a detailed way! added rep to you.
so, if i want people or my professor to show something then
"montrez" is used, right?

by the way, maybe you know, is Montrez a popular name in France?

Last edited:
•••
no Montrez is not a poupular name, "Montrer" and "Montrez" are spelled the same way without the "z" or the "R" at the end of the words

•••
thanks darkangel1988! added rep to you.

•••
"Montrer" is the non-conjugated form, where as "montrez" is the conjugated form.

Montrer: To show
Montre: I show (or, he or she shows)
Montrez: You show (formal)
Montres: You show (familiar)
Montrons: We show
Montrent: They show

ripley.

(testing my college French memory here on how to conjugate!)

•••
Thank you,ripley! added rep

•••
Montrez may also refer to the imperative verb tense of the verb montrer ( Imperative mood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Show your passport would be Montrez vos passport (plural or singular (to show a form a respect)) or Montres ton passport (singular)

•••
Great info here, and the acheteretvendre name in the OP is a nice one (we own alouer .us)

Nice to see that there are other folks who have French names in their portfolio.

(Currently have lagrippe .org - French for theflu .org on marketplace :)

Don't cave in for lowball buyers, the French domaining market is far from mature in terms of reasonable domain pricing. Hold it, build it.

•••
Great info RTM

Great info RTM

may I ask where do you list your french domain for sale ?

Also, do you own any IDN ?

SQ

•••
Great info RTM

may I ask where do you list your french domain for sale ?

Also, do you own any IDN ?

SQ

We haven't found any venue that is exceptionally better for listing French domain names ; I would say the French domain marketplace is easily 5 years behind that of English (and perhaps even German) names.

We list them on SEDO (and did $xxxx French sales there) but also on the usual forums. If you absolutely must sell a name right now, then the best bet would be to do some strategic research and target end-users directly.

Nope, no IDN names whatsoever. There's plenty of potential in regular French names in both many gTLD & ccTLD extensions.

Rob

•••
qui j'm'apelle tyui
je parle francais

•••
Moi Je parle Froglish.. Qu'est-ce qui se passe?

•••
We haven't found any venue that is exceptionally better for listing French domain names ; I would say the French domain marketplace is easily 5 years behind that of English (and perhaps even German) names.

We list them on SEDO (and did $xxxx French sales there) but also on the usual forums. If you absolutely must sell a name right now, then the best bet would be to do some strategic research and target end-users directly.

Nope, no IDN names whatsoever. There's plenty of potential in regular French names in both many gTLD & ccTLD extensions.

Rob

Have you tried forumndd ? I think it's relatively new judging by the post count but it looks good.

I think French IDN will do good in the future. IDN in general I think will rank better in search engine, provided the searched term has international characters.

thanks for the tips and good luck

•••
Back