IT.COM

Any French speakers here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a domain that might be a gem depending on if the wording is correct. Thank you in advance for taking your time out to help me.

ACHETERETVENDRE.NET It translates to buyandsell.net.I did a check on google adwords and i checked on google.fr so far everything checks out.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We haven't found any venue that is exceptionally better for listing French domain names ; I would say the French domain marketplace is easily 5 years behind that of English (and perhaps even German) names.

We list them on SEDO (and did $xxxx French sales there) but also on the usual forums. If you absolutely must sell a name right now, then the best bet would be to do some strategic research and target end-users directly.

Nope, no IDN names whatsoever. There's plenty of potential in regular French names in both many gTLD & ccTLD extensions.

Rob

Like many countries, France uses a latin based language, and probably until the recent surge of Mozilla and Opera downloads, most citizens in France have used IE6 (especially in the corporate world). That being said, IDNs don't resolve well with older browser, and in most cases a 404 will show up. Time and time again the french have entered a domain with accents, only to come up with a 404. So, now they habitually don't add the accent. Combine this with the inability to enter IDN.fr cctlds and it is easy to see why the French haven't been big fans of IDNs. We all know that this is now changing, and with the release of IE7, IE8, Firefox, and other modern browsers, IDNs do resolve and the next generation of French users will be able to type their words with accents into the URL bar. It's only a matter of time before French domains with accents become more and more usable and valuable.

ForumNDD has been around for a while and is a good source of info for French domains.

•••
•••
ForumNDD is back by the way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back