Dynadot

Anyone deal with DomainAgents? Scam? Or what?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Got an email from Domain Agents today for my domain WhoaList (in king)

how does this work? seems like someone is interested in it and DomainAgents is contacting me.

are they a scam? to get me to register for their service with the "hope" that I might have a sale?

I've never seen this before. I get this feeling there is no buyer. and hey just want me to sign up for whatever service they have.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The members here are familiar with how Escrow.com works. We've completed tens of millions of dollars of domain transactions with them and never had a domain 'hijacked'. We're sorry that we couldn't assuage this persons concerns, but it is policy to ban buyers or sellers who refuse to complete an agreement.

Escrow.com is a joke.

u have a better name and brand than escrow.

PS: This thread is from 2017! Who revived it.

Last edited:
•••
Well recently, I gotten an offer from these guys. Supposedly someone wants to buy my domain. I thought the would-be buyer was just a lowballer, so I ignored it. But here's what happened. A guy from there kept emailing me and trying to get me to sign up with them, promising me $10 if I did just that.

So ok, I relented and signed up. And then I see the offer is not exactly a very low ball offer, but something $x,xxx. Well, I am more intrigued.

So I asked back the dude from DomainAgents a few questions. What a freaking disappointment!

He never replied me. And then I asked the general email "support" the same questions, and till now NO REPLY. It has been days already. :xf.rolleyes:

And NO $10 still....

I am very inclined to think they are a SCAM.....there is no reason they can't reply my simple question. Screw them.

•••
Well recently, I gotten an offer from these guys. Supposedly someone wants to buy my domain. I thought the would-be buyer was just a lowballer, so I ignored it. But here's what happened. A guy from there kept emailing me and trying to get me to sign up with them, promising me $10 if I did just that.

So ok, I relented and signed up. And then I see the offer is not exactly a very low ball offer, but something $x,xxx. Well, I am more intrigued.

So I asked back the dude from DomainAgents a few questions. What a freaking disappointment!

He never replied me. And then I asked the general email "support" the same questions, and till now NO REPLY. It has been days already. :xf.rolleyes:

And NO $10 still....

I am very inclined to think they are a SCAM.....there is no reason they can't reply my simple question. Screw them.

Sorry to hear that you haven't gotten a reply. Please DM me with the name in question and I will look into it.

•••
@Datalife -- same experience. Also, you bear the risk for transactions... don't do it - not "real escrow".

Last edited:
•••
DomainAgents.com is clearly a scam as they are asking for a fee to make purchase offers on domains that are not listed for sale with their company or anywhere else. I came across this scam when they published a domain sale page for one of my domains and that page appeared in Google search results. Publishing a sales page implies they have been engaged to sell the domain and that is not true.

On DomainAgents.com I asked to buy DomainAgents.com and they asked for $19.95 to contact their own company.
On DomainAgents.com I asked to buy Microsoft.com and they asked for $19.95 to contact Microsoft.

DomainAgents.com is not disclosing they have not been hired by the domain owner, nor that the domain of interest might not even be for sale. An Agent is a person who acts on behalf of another person or group, they are not disclosing they are not the domain owner's agent, intentionally misleading those who use their website.

•••
DomainAgents.com is clearly a scam as they are asking for a fee to make purchase offers on domains that are not listed for sale with their company or anywhere else. I came across this scam when they published a domain sale page for one of my domains and that page appeared in Google search results. Publishing a sales page implies they have been engaged to sell the domain and that is not true.

That is a real problem if those "offers" turn up in search results, and can hurt an existing business if people jump to the conclusion that the business is offering its domain for sale and so is likely to go out of business - a very annoyed domain owner came here some time ago to complain about similar practices by Enaming.com - see https://www.namepros.com/threads/anyone-listed-or-contacted-by-enaming-com.877829/

•••
Back