Dynadot

April Fool's Day Prank

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Is there any reassurance we will not be having another "prank" pulled on members again that potentially crashes their computers? I'm all for fun, but when the script started showing a floating ball and a game mode, then crashed my computer, I really felt scared and concerned.
Namepros was a delightful frequent hangout for me prior to the prank. But, when my computer crashed twice going on to the site in early April, I immediately stopped. After beefing up security, and still with hesitation, I finally returned almost a month later.
There was no notice about the prank, which, I understand, was done as a fun gesture for April Fool's day. In my case, though, it really was upsetting, and has continued to make me hesitant to go to this site.
Will any more pranks be upcoming? The timing of this one was questionable, given the increased cyber security concerns about potential widespread Russian hacking. Did anyone else out there have concerns about this event? Did anyone really get a kick out of it and felt it was worth the trouble.
Note, for me, it was by April 6th, when the computer crashed again, that I finally decided I needed to stop using the site. That was well past April Fool's Day, and I still had not seen any notices about the new script having been added. Was this pran really a good idea?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back