Dynadot

Ask a Moderator Anything (Publicly)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Per member request, we've created this public thread.

Please feel free to ask us anything, and we'll try to answer as best as we can.

We look forward to answering your questions.

You may also contact us privately through our support sections:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess I will start. Why is there no chat?

Is it a technical issue, or something else?

The "chat" thread seems pretty lame compared to the previous chat.

Brad

•••
Is there a way that NP's members can own a share in the forum (company)?

•••
Hi

i'd like to know how to view which member gives negative (-) points to your posts.
to me, it's like "throwing a rock and hiding your hand" if your identity remains hidden.

in the past, you could see who gave points whether it was negative or positive
now, as "impact" points, it only shows thanks and likes.

appreciate a resolve

•••
Why is there no chat?
It wasn’t that popular, so we’d like to offer a new chat experience rather than recreating the old one again. The Chatroom thread is a placeholder; a more lively chat experience will hopefully return soon.

•••
Is there a way that NP's members can own a share in the forum (company)?
That’s an interesting idea. A big part of the future of NamePros is being operated majorly by the community, and that might be a great way to accomplish that. We’ll pass along this idea.

•••
Hi

i'd like to know how to view which member gives negative (-) points to your posts.
to me, it's like "throwing a rock and hiding your hand" if your identity remains hidden.

in the past, you could see who gave points whether it was negative or positive
now, as "impact" points, it only shows thanks and likes.

appreciate a resolve
The points assigned from a quick reply are public, but the points assigned from the arrows are only accessible by moderators (and in the future, accessible by top members like yourself). We’re working toward that goal every day, but it’s part of a larger project.

•••
That’s an interesting idea. A big part of the future of NamePros is being operated majorly by the community, and that might be a great way to accomplish that. We’ll pass along this idea.
Might I also suggest that somebody looks at this thread more often, I made this post 2 months ago! :xf.cool:

•••
The points assigned from a quick reply are public, but the points assigned from the arrows are only accessible by moderators (and in the future, accessible by top members like yourself). We’re working toward that goal every day, but it’s part of a larger project.
Hi

so, basically you're saying,
that i can't see them now... but maybe in the future, it's possible.
is that correct?

tks
imo....

•••
Hi, I just bought a Gold Account membership and I saw that I "Allowed a separate free or Blue account".
What is the use of an extra account? Just to post 2 more threads to the marketplace?

•••
Hi, I just bought a Gold Account membership and I saw that I "Allowed a separate free or Blue account".
What is the use of an extra account? Just to post 2 more threads to the marketplace?
Hello,

Every member has a slightly different usage reason or combination of reasons for wanting/needing two or more accounts on namePros.

For example:
  • Businesses may wish each representative of their company with a namePros account, to be able to participate on behalf of the company in a support related capacity. This is common for companies, especially in the domain industry, with more than one 3rd party support or executive staff accounts on namePros.
  • For same households, sometimes a husband and wife or even parents and their children wish to participate on namePros. namePros is family friendly too, however, to be fair to all and for security reasons, our rules do require that same household accounts be treated as a single person, unless they have Gold accounts.
  • For freelance long-term investors, some may wish to keep their business separate from their personal for tax purposes, to make account category management easier, or for the Professional Appraisal section access.
  • For freelance short-term/quick-flip resellers, some may want multiple Gold accounts for more marketplace listings.
Regardless of the reason for more than one account, security is a priority and none of the accounts are allowed to post in the same marketplace listings of any of their associated accounts. This helps prevent any unethical temptations. As soon as any of the associated accounts are deemed "Not in good standing", all the associated accounts are closed and the original will remain open, unless the violation was serious enough to warrant a marketplace restriction or account closure (E.g. shill bidding, etc.)

The following applies:

Gold accounts may be used by existing members without being considered disallowed duplicate accounts if all accounts are in good standing. Each person may have a total of one non-Gold account. - Upgrade

You agree to create only a single account. This includes banned accounts, accounts created on behalf of business entities, and any other account that may be created by a single entity. Exceptions are made for accounts in good standing with active Gold subscriptions and upon request in advance for special circumstances, at Our sole discretion. - Terms of Service

Don't forget about all the other cool benefits of Gold membership some enjoy:

All the benefits of a Blue Account, Plus:
  • Access to the Insiders Club
  • Stand out with highlighted threads to increase visibility
  • Marketplace (6 active marketplace listings) +
  • ⇒ Boost your marketplace listings with 5 bumps a day
  • ⇒ You can get up to 5x more views each day!
  • ⇒ Bonus: 6 additional listings in Exclusive Domains for Sale
  • Appraisals (4 active appraisal requests)
  • ⇒ Bonus: Access to Professional Appraisals
  • User name change (upon request while a Gold member) ++
  • Signature (4 lines; unlimited links; 260 characters)
  • Allowed a separate free or Blue account (1 non-Gold per person) +++
  • No limit on the number of Gold accounts +++
Account Upgrades

We hope that information helps.

•••
Hi

so, basically you're saying,
that i can't see them now... but maybe in the future, it's possible.
is that correct?

tks
imo....
Possibly, probably, maybe.

•••

Regardless of the reason for more than one account, security is a priority and none of the accounts are allowed to post in the same marketplace listings of any of their associated accounts. This helps prevent any unethical temptations. As soon as any of the associated accounts are deemed "Not in good standing", all the associated accounts are closed and the original will remain open, unless the violation was serious enough to warrant a marketplace restriction or account closure (E.g. shill bidding, etc.)
Hi

i have seen where two members of same household, with different user names, were both posting the same domains on the forum.

and...not until it was reported, did staff take action.

when a single person can have more than 1 account with a different user name, more than shill bidding can occur, which could damage the integrity of the forum, as a whole.

it can make you wonder "who the F%$k is who" around here.

imo...

•••
Hi

i have seen where two members of same household, with different user names, were both posting the same domains on the forum.

and...not until it was reported, did staff take action.
Hello,

Keep in mind, namePros moderators don't see every post (hundreds daily) that members publish (Refer to Terms of Service for content publishing by members).

Because of that, namePros has a support system with various ways to contact (E.g. eMail, Support forum section, Report link under posts, Starting a new conversation with a Moderator team, etc.) when a member see's a rule violation or in need of mediation assistance in relation to a purchase/sales agreement and a downvoting system that allows members to moderate their own discussion threads, combined.

The good news, is that it sounds like the moderator that handled your case, resolved it appropriately, since there is a rule prohibiting 2 active listings for the same domain in the general marketplace sections at the same time.
when a single person can have more than 1 account with a different user name, more than shill bidding can occur, which could damage the integrity of the forum, as a whole.

it can make you wonder "who the F%$k is who" around here.

imo...

As long as Co-workers or Family-members are not posting in their associated accounts listings directly, creating false interest, shill bidding, or violating any other rules, having a Gold account subscription is sufficient for them to participate along with their associated account (Family/Business).

If you come across any suspicious activity regarding 2-accounts that violate the rules, please use the report feature so a moderator team can investigate and get more involved (Like the previous reported incident you mentioned).

If you have ideas on how to better/automate namePros, feel free to add your suggestion here: FeedBack & Suggestions

•••
@Bravo Mod Team
@Echo Mod Team

What do you guys think about a special badge for 20 year members?
I noticed there are two members already in this thread that will turn 20 next year, and I think that kind of commitment deserves to be recognized, as I'm sure you'll agree. ;)

This should give you plenty of time to decide / implement it.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
@Bravo Mod Team
@Echo Mod Team

I noticed there are two members already in this thread that will turn 20 next year, and I think that kind of commitment deserves to be recognized, as I'm sure you'll agree. ;)

Peace,
Kenny
Interesting idea! :)

•••
@Bravo Mod Team
@Echo Mod Team

Peace,
Kenny
I think a gold Rolex would be appropriate! :xf.grin:

•••
Chat wasnt that popular? Very popular before your time. What happened?
It wasn’t that popular, so we’d like to offer a new chat experience rather than recreating the old one again. The Chatroom thread is a placeholder; a more lively chat experience will hopefully return soon.

•••
•••
This is a hidden thread like chat. No wonder i missed all this information. I cruise new posts
14 years I dont know my way around

•••
Hi,

Namepross is a forum for domains industry. There are a lot of staff from Registrars, from WIPO, from ICANN and other Industry Stakeholder. Namepross is one place to find help regarding issues related Domain Names Services. The problem is we don't know the contacts of individu where we can ask for help.

Can Namepross help the community to make list persons those by the Registrars and Organisations allowed to be contacted for help?

As example, we can ask Joe Styler for problems in Godaddy, or Nick for problem in SAV? Can Namepross facilitate officially list of contacts from Registrars and Organizations? It will be very helpful for everyone I think.. Thanks

•••
Hi,

Namepross is a forum for domains industry. There are a lot of staff from Registrars, from WIPO, from ICANN and other Industry Stakeholder. Namepross is one place to find help regarding issues related Domain Names Services. The problem is we don't know the contacts of individu where we can ask for help.

Can Namepross help the community to make list persons those by the Registrars and Organisations allowed to be contacted for help?

As example, we can ask Joe Styler for problems in Godaddy, or Nick for problem in SAV? Can Namepross facilitate officially list of contacts from Registrars and Organizations? It will be very helpful for everyone I think.. Thanks
Hello,

You can find a list of verified company representatives that are members of namePros here: https://www.namepros.com/members/?key=representatives

•••
•••
•••
Are you suggesting that members should not be allowed to disagree/dislike with other members opinions?
Hi

i am seeking full transparency with all opinions, whether expressed by a written statement/post or a "click" on a button (like/agree/dislike/ thanks) that states their position, in relation to your written/posted comment.

i want to know who the user is, each time.
this way i will know who not to engage with and may share their identity with others,
so they may know who throws rocks without having courage to speak up.

maybe that behavior can be deterred, rather than encouraged
imo..

•••
Back