Dynadot

Be Aware of Pool.com Scam

NameSilo
Watch

fmb

Established Member
Impact
Hi !
Hard to get believe but yes it was, all about the SCAM of Pool.com. Last month register my account for domain catch and they deduct amount 60 USD as pre authorization policy. days after days gone but this never refund back. Email sent but gradually they stop responding and ask me to contact my bank for amount hold policy.
As per bank it was matured transaction that never reversed. Like to tell you people be aware of such fraudulent activity of Pool.com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I confirm that Pool.com is a SCAM. Today, I created my account on their site and right after and without doing anything, I discovered that my bank account was debited with $60.

•••

You’ll get your money back it happened to me many moons ago

So funny. On bright side namepros has another member, going for 2 million now. I will admit crappy customer service but thats part of the new normal now. Probably in the fine print of tos you agreed to when you signed up, but that doesnt count right

https://www.pool.com/help/faq.aspx

What is a pre-authorization?​

A pre-authorization validates a credit card and reserves a specified amount of available credit. It is not a charge, although it may appear on your online statement. This reservation of credit is usually in effect 48 to 72 hours, and will expire automatically. This is a security measure that we use to protect our customers and Pool.com from fraudulent acts against our Backorder and Domain Marketplace systems.

Note: Entering valid credit card information is mandatory when creating a new Pool.com account. Once entered, your card will be pre-authorized for US $60.

•••
I confirm that Pool.com is a SCAM. Today, I created my account on their site and right after and without doing anything, I discovered that my bank account was debited with $60.
Don't worry, deduction of 60$ is not question, issue raise when its not refund back in 10 days. My amount refunded in 48 days after contacting Support and my Bank authority.

•••
Pool is a bad catcher service. They never caught any domain yet.. but to be honest, they made a refund of $60 without asking them. But anyway, I stopped using their service.

•••
Thanks for the heads up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back