Dynadot

question Best graphic design tool except photoshop?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali Adil

Established Member
Impact
can you guys help me to find other best graphics tools or Softwares except for photoshop?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Coral Paintshop pro have always loved it.

•••
What are you looking to design or edit? Tell us more!

There is a free and open source photoshop alternative software: GIMP
For working with vectors, try Inkscape. It's a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
As others already mentioned, your free options with best quality are inkscape (vector based) and gimp (raster based(.

The u.s. and most the world recognize Adobe as the industry standard,which comes with a hefty price tag. Photoshop (raster based) and illustrator (vector based).

Since 2005 I opted for the U.K. equivalent to Adobe software's and found that Serif Drawplus did everything I needed that took several Adobe software's to do, under 1 roof (raster, vector, flash, html output, etc.). For $100 it was a great deal.

Serif Drawplus was discontinued a couple years ago and rebranded as Affinity Designer, still $100 and still a great software, but missing some of the drawplus legacy features.

So now I use Affinity Designer as my primary and still have the legacy drawplus for its discontinued features.

I've been a Serif software user for almost 16 years and successfully operated a freelance design business with them the entire time. Still today.

To each their own.

•••
What are you looking to design or edit? Tell us more!

There is a free and open source photoshop alternative software: GIMP
For working with vectors, try Inkscape. It's a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator.
I am going to design posts covers for my facebook page

•••
Last edited:
•••
As others already mentioned, your free options with best quality are inkscape (vector based) and gimp (raster based(.

The u.s. and most the world recognize Adobe as the industry standard,which comes with a hefty price tag. Photoshop (raster based) and illustrator (vector based).

Since 2005 I opted for the U.K. equivalent to Adobe software's and found that Serif Drawplus did everything I needed that took several Adobe software's to do, under 1 roof (raster, vector, flash, html output, etc.). For $100 it was a great deal.

Serif Drawplus was discontinued a couple years ago and rebranded as Affinity Designer, still $100 and still a great software, but missing some of the drawplus legacy features.

So now I use Affinity Designer as my primary and still have the legacy drawplus for its discontinued features.

I've been a Serif software user for almost 16 years and successfully operated a freelance design business with them the entire time. Still today.

To each their own.
Thanks Eric,
Affinity Designer looks amazing and its only $49 now.
How would you rate the learning curve for a somewhat beginner?

•••
Thanks Eric,
Affinity Designer looks amazing and its only $49 now.
How would you rate the learning curve for a somewhat beginner?
The learning curve is comparable to Adobe illustrator and Photoshop. If you have learned either of those, affinity will be very easy to adapt to. However, if someone just starting out jumps into the software, they should expect a solid 30 days of reading the guides and testing features to get comfortable enough to design with confidence in the tool. If I had to rate the curve for someone new on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest and relative to a complex 3d software like Blender), I would rate it at 5 for ease of learning.

Last edited:
•••
The learning curve is comparable to Adobe illustrator and Photoshop. If you have learned either of those, affinity will be very easy to adapt to. However, if someone just starting out jumps into the software, they should expect a solid 30 days of reading the guides and testing features to get comfortable enough to design with confidence in the tool. If I had to rate the curve for someone new on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest and relative to a complex 3d software like Blender), I would rate it at 5 for ease of learning.
Thanks Eric,
A 5 sounds very doable (y)

Is your pinion the same on Affinity Photo?

•••
Thanks Eric,
A 5 sounds very doable (y)

Is your pinion the same on Affinity Photo?
Yes, all their sofwares are built with the same straight forward layout and navigation. 30 days to get comfortable using the guide and testing.

•••
Yes, all their sofwares are built with the same straight forward layout and navigation. 30 days to get comfortable using the guide and testing.
Outstanding!

$100 for both is a heck of a lot better then Adobe's software.

Appreciate all the advice.
Thanks again!

•••
At Template.net we create Premium Designs, Documents for our users. We are a Dedicated Global Team of Coders, Artists, Designers, Lawyers, Marketers & Writers. We are working towards one goal of making the worlds work get done Faster and Smarter.

100,000+ Beautifully Designed, Easily Editable Templates to Get your Work Done Faster & Smarter
Why start from Scratch, when you can get your work done faster with our Huge Collection of Beautifully designed, Instantly downloadable, Professionally designed, Ready-Made Templates which are easily Editable, Shareable & Printable. Simply Browse, Search, Save & Download our Easy to use Templates.

•••
I cant believe no-one suggested GIMP. Its like a free version of photoshop

•••
Back