IT.COM

Best IDE for PHP

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like "PHP Designer" it has a simple and clean interface.

•••
I just use dreamweaver - it's good enough for me.

•••
Both answers are what I use, though I use Dreamweaver more since I have used that for about 8 years.

•••
It's hard to say that any given IDE is the 'best'. What's best for me, may not be the best for you, Personally, I'll +1 phpDesigner. I've been using it since early 2005.

You may want to have a look around at PHP Editor Review - PHP IDE - they have reviews, features, screenshots, etc of the many different PHP IDE's.

-Eric

•••
I use Dreamweaver for PHP and ColdFusion. I find it very good.

•••
If you are in Linux+GNOME, user Nautilus to conenct to server, and use Gedit to edit the PHP files.

•••
I'm told Eclipse is very good. I however use emacs.

•••
I use Aptana IDE and I like its huge feature set. For me it is best at the moment.

•••
Is anyone tried NetBeans ? It should be a good and complete (including debugging) application for PHP.

Regards

•••
I use crimsom editor, it is just fine for me.

•••
Microsoft Windows - Notepad :D

•••
•••
Is anyone tried NetBeans ? It should be a good and complete (including debugging) application for PHP.

Regards

I've tried netbeans and I am still using it for projects.
It has all the features I needed with code competition (also with function/methods you create), debugging, code formating and lots more.

•••
I personally think Dreamweaver is the better commercial IDE, NetBeans is my favourite open source IDE. NetBeans requires a bit more configuration to get the most out of it imo.

•••
i need a programmer that can create my company domain..including mailer,box,email finder search which code should contact me.

[email protected]

•••
pspad and notepad++ for pure text editors with syntax highlighting

Netbeans for php is very good

I also use intype which handles very large files (logs, csv, sql dumps etc ) and can quickly be customized with dark backgrounds (presets)
it also has some functions for php syntax, however I saw it crash few times ( it's still in alpha )

I have used dreamweaver a lot in the past months and it's amazing for productivity, database interaction etc, but the code you build using its embedded features is hardly editable: I wouldn't use it for huge complex projects

•••
One vote for NetBeans here, also Eclipse with the PHP plugin is great, with code completion, class listings etc

•••
Eclipse + PHP plugin + subclipse + sshfs. You can work directly on a remote server transparently, and revision control everything.

•••
•••
Its more than just the two of you too ;)

I can't be done with the hassle of using an IDE. They do pose many benefits, but I only use them if they will truely help me with what I am doing, and if thats the case, then I'd use Eclipse with PHP plugin :p

•••
Since I've made the switch to Linux as my primary OS - I'm using Netbeans now :)

•••
I used NetBeans for Java before at University but never got round to getting it at home.. Might have to have a play with NetBeans and PHP myself then as I do plan on doing much more php in the near future.

•••
I've always used PHP Designer, I just love the interface, so simple.

•••
Hi..
i am Using DreamWeaver for it.. Its really easy for operate and also functionally... thanks for sharing the information..

•••
Back