IT.COM

advice Big bucks paid by asian companies for .com domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PatrickV

Established Member
Impact
I think they still pay big bucks for .com if they really need and want it to setup for example a new online insurance company.

What are the alternatives for them?

Did you sold already domains for good price and how did you reached them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent and it really differs if you have a company from Hong Kong or Singapore vs, for example, a company from Nepal or Cambodia inquiring for your domain.

I'd say most Asian companies are looking for their exact match ccTLD first unless they have regional or global ambitions, then they are most likely to prefer a .com domain instead.

•••
If their business model is online can a .net help them out? What about the value of the .com in that scenario?

Attachments

• dotcom.jpg
    dotcom.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 190
•••
Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent and it really differs if you have a company from Hong Kong or Singapore vs, for example, a company from Nepal or Cambodia inquiring for your domain.

I'd say most Asian companies are looking for their exact match ccTLD first unless they have regional or global ambitions, then they are most likely to prefer a .com domain instead.

• Chinese companies also prefer.com

•••
If their business model is online can a .net help them out? What about the value of the .com in that scenario?

• The value of.com is much greater than that of.NET

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back