IT.COM

information Binge Buying and .link

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
As an fyi, i just posted/commented on Andrew Allemann's Domain Name Wire;

"Andrew,since receiving this at 12:05 est today I've been on a "Premium" binge buying spree for domains like TourGuide.link and SmartSaver.link. At last count I registered about 120 of these domains, and plan on buying a hundred more. Once I take a breather, and because I know there are so many great names left, I plan on reaching out to Yoni, Manuel and Art V.to see if they're interested in investing in me and my outbound marketing strategy. Thanks Andrew"

Note....there are thousands of great .link names that remain unregistered and you can buy them for $4.89 at Namecheap. Also note, you can't buy them at GD, but the risk vs. reward potential was too great an opportunity not to take advantage of it. Any questions or observations fire away.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We know this is a .link thread, but since you are also a prolific investor in .onlines, do tell us a few names that you sold and for what sum.
Why are you avoiding the question

Because he hasn't sold any. While most would have concluded that the experiment was failure, he has decided that he should try the same in another field.

•••
We know this is a .link thread, but since you are also a prolific investor in .onlines, do tell us a few names that you sold and for what sum.
Why are you avoiding the question
First off blogspotter, who are "we know" . I'm not avoiding your question, and when I tell you that I've sold multiple .online domains that's ALL you need to know......and i don't even need to tell you that.

Bottomline, there are very few people or companies i trust in this industry including the likes of Go Daddy. If you want to contact me personally and identify yourself, you can learn the rest of the story.

•••
Because he hasn't sold any. While most would have concluded that the experiment was failure, he has decided that he should try the same in another field.

How can I say this politely Elkhan......you sir are a LIAR!

•••
At a buck each, I'm still registering .online domains. Why?.....because it's working out for me:xf.wink:
May I ask where you register .online for a buck each?

•••
Sure....i was registering them for a buck each until a few months ago at GD, but they recently went up to 1.99 just to drop their price to .99 for about a week, and I noticed today they're back to 1.99. Regardless, they're still a bargain if you're able to catch a good name left of the dot, and the equivalent .com is absurdly priced.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @ThatNameGuy,

Sorry to hear of the issues with a few domain names with respect to on the Spamhaus block list. I have a lot of domain names at Namecheap and have maybe been lucky but never received that.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is to check that it is not in error. You can check any name at
https://check.spamhaus.org/
to see if it is indeed on the block list. If so, they (apparently) guide you through the steps to get it unblocked.

If you have never used the domain name for email, it seems it has to either be an error, someone tricked Spamhaus into thinking mail came from the domain, or as mentioned it is an issue due to use by a previous owner. I know you use HosterStats, but just a reminder you can easily use that to see if it was registered by someone else.

I agree if Namecheap knew that it was on the list, it would have been good to alert you at registration. I don't know if any/many registrars do that. Also, I think they only periodically get the Spamhaus block lists so may have just received it the day they sent the notice.

I once registered a domain that apparently the previous owner had used for phishing and Google marked it when I set up dns to point it. It was a surprisingly simple and fast process to get it cleared, just pointing out on a form that I was new user and had never used it for email.

There was some discussion in this thread that .link is problematic re spam but the numbers do not support that view, it is very similar to .com and .net. For example the current numbers at Spamhaus are (a lower score is better).
  • link 4.5%, score 0.30
  • com 4.3%, score 0.53
  • net 3.7%. score 0.36
  • org 1.3%, score 0.11
  • us 10.1%, score 0.81
I had not heard until your post that the new owners of .link had been announced, finally. Good to hear one is a successful domain investor. In my view .link was by far the most valuable of the auctioned TLDs from the former Uniregistry. I hope the new owners will manage the TLD well.

While by no means all sales are in NameBio, and trends can change, most of the significant past sales in the extension have been in short and single word names – here is link to list ordered by price for sales in past 3 years.

The extension is more generic than many new TLDs, and has reasonable renewal rates, both positives.

I try not to binge on anything personally, although not always personally successful in that aim :xf.grin:. We each are responsible for our own decisions, of course.

I have a modest number of .link, most from a year or more ago, and especially like single word where the match across the dot is meaningful, and the SLD is something that is in use in other TLDs. I have sold 1 at a retail price (a catchy 4L).

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
From time to time they were that price various places, but currently I think Sav are only main registrar at that price for .online.

•••
Register the .link names at NameSilo for only $2.19 each instead of $4 at Namecheap.

•••
Register the .link names at NameSilo for only $2.19 each instead of $4 at Namecheap.
Thanks for the information. That is a good price.

If one is part of the NameSilo Discount Club it is even better, $1.99 currently. One just need to put in $50+ each time fund account and activate Discount Club (no other cost). It generally gives $0.20 off registrations and renewals, but not transfers.

Also, NameSilo is a Sedo MLS registrar (Namecheap list Sedo MLS for sale, but not one for registration purposes). This means that .link at NameSilo can appear on the registration stream listings for a bunch of registrars in their network.

Bob

•••
Sorry, this thread was created to chat about .link. That said however, i have sold enough "good quality" .online domains to keep my portfolio afloat.
LOL, Sure....

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back