IT.COM

Bodis Parking Optimization Advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Syddique Shaw

Impact
Hey guys! I'm new to namePros and new to domain investing/domain parking. I've been trying to learn how to improve my CTR on Bodis and optimize my domain's revenue. I've seen some people say they changed the master keywords and some say they changed the related searches.

How do I find the proper related searches or keywords to put into bodis? One's that will convert and get clicks and won't get rejected by bodis? So far I've been hitting around 1-3% CTR. I'd like to get it to at least a 10% if possible. Hopefully you guys can shed some light and wisdom for a novice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google doesn't allow to change Master keyword anymore, forget.

•••
have you checked the "terms" report? Check it and you will understand a lot better why some names will never go more than 1-3% and by the way 3% is very good for parking.

•••
I have checked terms. Right now I have one term “books” thats getting some clicks on one of my domains. So how would i optimize? Would i just put “books” in related searches?

•••
I have checked terms. Right now I have one term “books” thats getting some clicks on one of my domains. So how would i optimize? Would i just put “books” in related searches?
How many of the keywords under terms have 0 vs how many have 1 or more?

•••
There’s 15 terms in total. And 4 out of the 15 have clicks. Out of those 4 with clicks, 3 of them have 1 click, the final one has 4 clicks. The one with 4 clicks is the term “books” for a new domain i just started parking.

•••
There’s 15 terms in total. And 4 out of the 15 have clicks. Out of those 4 with clicks, 3 of them have 1 click, the final one has 4 clicks. The one with 4 clicks is the term “books” for a new domain i just started parking.

I am going to get to the point but to help others new to parking I will include a small intro.

The way bodis is setup is that when users get to your page they see a few big links they could click on. If they click on one they see a list of advertisers. This is a fair way to protect advertisers from wasted clicks.

If the visitor does not find any advertisers to click on because it is not relevant to what they are looking for, bodis will record the keyword they clicked on the first page and mark it as a 0 because they did not click on an advertiser.

If they clicked on an advertiser than the keyword is marked with a 1. It is possible that one person will click on 2 advertisers. So you could have 1 hit but 2 paid clicks.

If you are getting the clicks for the keyword books, your domain probably fits in one or more of the following categories:

1. It was once an active website that sold books
2. It is a typo or collecting a leak from an extension other than .com (if you own xyzbooks .com and there is a site xyzbooks .net that is popular you could get traffic to your dot com from them.
3. Your domain is an exact match domain with typin traffic

If you check the referrers section in bodis and then click the URL option, you might be able to see the websites that are sending you the hits. If you see nothing, option 2 or 3 of the above are likely.

The issue is that if people visit the domain and cannot find an advertisers that fits what they need, they will obviously not click.

You must know why people are coming to your name, if its a once active website, go check archive .org and see what that site was about. Check the pages that link to your domain, what is the link title, what are people expecting?

Once you have that data you will know what keywords to suggest to bodis and if they follow your suggestion it might help them select better advertisers and this will increase your paid clicks.

As an example, if you find out that it was once a website that was focused on business books, and people link to the domain from sites promoting it as a place for business books, having a main link that says business books and advertisers that match that would give you a good CTR.

•••
.....Once you have that data you will know what keywords to suggest to bodis and if they follow your suggestion it might help them select better advertisers and this will increase your paid clicks. As an example, if you find out that it was once a website that was focused on business books, and people link to the domain from sites promoting it as a place for business books, having a main link that says business books and advertisers that match that would give you a good CTR.

That was valid in the past however from what I understand, been informed and can plainly see starting this year the primary ad provider Google now ignores your submitted related term suggestions and keywords that places like voodoo, bodis, parkingcrew and others submit to G.

Instead G runs the ads based only on their own data about the domain, words and term, which is sometimes far from good or not at all relevant based on prior use but I believe nothing can be done about it. IMO, it's one more major reason the parking business and ppc revenue is down big time.

Last edited:
•••
That was valid in the past however from what I understand, been informed and can plainly see starting this year the primary ad provider Google now ignores your submitted related term suggestions and keywords that places like voodoo, bodis, parkingcrew and others submit to G.

Instead G runs the ads based only on their own data about the domain, words and term, which is sometimes far from good or not at all relevant based on prior use but I believe nothing can be done about it. IMO, it's one more major reason the parking business and ppc revenue is down big time.

When you have a g feed YOU make a request for advertisers for a specific keyword. The main parking page keyword links the parking company automatically generates based on their own algorithm (parsing the domain, getting old webpage data, checking popular terms with the most possible paid ads etc). When you submit keywords to the parking company, it is up to them if they want to use those or not. Sometimes they keywords suggested might not have enough advertisers or the ppc is low or other factors.

The main problem is when the user clicks on the links on the main page but they do not have good options to select from an advertiser. Sometimes a parking company only has tier2 ads and that limits options, sometimes the parking company loses their gfeed temporarily and doesn't tell the domain owners (you could tell when they lose it when you see a lot of clicks on the keywords but no clicks to advertisers). This is one of the dirty secrets in this business that drives domainers crazy with these extreme fluctuations in clicks and even the ppc revenue itself.

Last edited:
•••
When you have a g feed YOU make a request for advertisers for a specific keyword. The main parking page keyword links the parking company automatically generates based on their own algorithm (parsing the domain, getting old webpage data, checking popular terms with the most possible paid ads etc). When you submit keywords to the parking company, it is up to them if they want to use those or not. Sometimes they keywords suggested might not have enough advertisers or the ppc is low or other factors.

The main problem is when the user clicks on the links on the main page but they do not have good options to select from an advertiser. Sometimes a parking company only has tier2 ads and that limits options, sometimes the parking company loses their gfeed temporarily and doesn't tell the domain owners (you could tell when they lose it when you see a lot of clicks on the keywords but no clicks to advertisers). This is one of the dirty secrets in this business that drives domainers crazy with these extreme fluctuations in clicks and even the ppc revenue itself.

I posted that with considerable evidence it was correct. In fact was personally informed several times by various providers starting this year Jan 2021 G now permanently ignores all related terms and keywords submitted to them by the ppc firms. I think it still works for tier 2 but why care about that since tier 2 is extremely low.

Anyone can check that out by chatting with the ppc firms asking for an honest answer and they may or may not verify it since for marketing reasons it is not being published.

•••
In fact was personally informed several times by various providers starting this year Jan 2021 G now permanently ignores

Until a month ago I was convinced that G ignores the related search terms but after optimizing 50% of my portfolio (still working on optimizing as many as possible), the numbers indicate that that’s not completely true.

Before optimizing, I had an average of 7% CTR and today after a month of optimizing I get an average of 18% CTR.
My height CTR week so far was 22%, which is really good. I really didn't believe it’s possible.

I guess G ignores some or many of the RS but the numbers don't lie.
And I started optimizing only in March 2021.

You can see here: imgur.com/a/RggSOKF

How do I find the proper related searches or keywords to put into bodis? One's that will convert and get clicks and won't get rejected by bodis? So far I've been hitting around 1-3% CTR. I'd like to get it to at least a 10% if possible. Hopefully you guys can shed some light and wisdom for a novice.

I can give you some suggestions where to begin but it really depends on the type of domains you have.
What I can suggest:

1. Start with two Google searches of:
a. “Domainname.com” — Should give you results of websites where the domain name is present.
b. site:“Domainname.com” — will give you results only if the domain itself is still indexed by Google.
With some domains you will get results that will give you some idea about the domain and with some domains you will get nothing.

2. Use Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) — see if the domain is indexed there, you can get some idea about the previous uses of it.

3. You can use Bodis’s Referrers URL reports to see from which URLs your traffic is coming from and it should give you a better idea about the type of traffic you get.

4. Similar to 3, you can see the Google Analytics URL report for identifying the URLs which bring you the most traffic. From my experience, GA gives you more details than Bodis’s report.

5. After you have some idea about the traffic you get (with some domains you won’t get any idea), you can see the clicked related searches in Bodis and see if it makes more sense now.

If it makes sense then you should have a general niche you can focus on to find related search keywords.

If you didn’t get any additional information from this research, you still have the most clicked RS terms from Bodis’s report.

In both cases, head to Wordstream's Free Keyword Tool (wordstream.com/keywords) and generate file\files of keywords that are related to the domain’s niche or to the most clicked RS terms.

Sort the keywords in the files by the most popular keywords according to Google searches volume.

Choose some of the most popular keywords and send them to approval in Bodis.

Few tips:

1. Make sure the RS terms are capitalized for title case — Just for Example — you can use ConvertCase.net to make it easy.

2. You can set up to 30 RS terms in Bodis, if you are not really sure what are the best keywords for the domain, you can set 30 different one’s and let G test them for you.

It will take some time and will work only if the domain has nice amount of traffic but after a while, you should see the most clicked RS from the 30 keywords and then reoptimize according to those keywords.

I hope I gave you some useful information, let me know if I can help with more details about any of the above :)

Last edited:
•••
Until a month ago I was convinced that G ignores the related search terms but after optimizing 50% of my portfolio (still working on optimizing as many as possible), the numbers indicate that that’s not completely true.

Before optimizing, I had an average of 7% CTR and today after a month of optimizing I get an average of 18% CTR.
My height CTR week so far was 22%, which is really good. I really didn't believe it’s possible.

I guess G ignores some or many of the RS but the numbers don't lie.
And I started optimizing only in March 2021.

You can see here: imgur.com/a/RggSOKF

I can give you some suggestions where to begin but it really depends on the type of domains you have.
What I can suggest:

1. Start with two Google searches of:
a. “Domainname.com” — Should give you results of websites where the domain name is present.
b. site:“Domainname.com” — will give you results only if the domain itself is still indexed by Google.
With some domains you will get results that will give you some idea about the domain and with some domains you will get nothing.

2. Use Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) — see if the domain is indexed there, you can get some idea about the previous uses of it.

3. You can use Bodis’s Referrers URL reports to see from which URLs your traffic is coming from and it should give you a better idea about the type of traffic you get.

4. Similar to 3, you can see the Google Analytics URL report for identifying the URLs which bring you the most traffic. From my experience, GA gives you more details than Bodis’s report.

5. After you have some idea about the traffic you get (with some domains you won’t get any idea), you can see the clicked related searches in Bodis and see if it makes more sense now.

If it makes sense then you should have a general niche you can focus on to find related search keywords.

If you didn’t get any additional information from this research, you still have the most clicked RS terms from Bodis’s report.

In both cases, head to Wordstream's Free Keyword Tool (wordstream.com/keywords) and generate file\files of keywords that are related to the domain’s niche or to the most clicked RS terms.

Sort the keywords in the files by the most popular keywords according to Google searches volume.

Choose some of the most popular keywords and send them to approval in Bodis.

Few tips:

1. Make sure the RS terms are capitalized for title case — Just for Example — you can use ConvertCase.net to make it easy.

2. You can set up to 30 RS terms in Bodis, if you are not really sure what are the best keywords for the domain, you can set 30 different one’s and let G test them for you.

It will take some time and will work only if the domain has nice amount of traffic but after a while, you should see the most clicked RS from the 30 keywords and then reoptimize according to those keywords.

I hope I gave you some useful information, let me know if I can help with more details about any of the above :)

Thank you so much for this detail guide. it helps alot for new domainer like me.
Also does it helps if i use google keyword tools to see which keywords has CPC to it? and search volumes according to the market like US and Philipines?

•••
Thank you so much for this detail guide. it helps alot for new domainer like me.
Also does it helps if i use google keyword tools to see which keywords has CPC to it? and search volumes according to the market like US and Philipines?

Welcome to domaining and to the forum!
I'm happy you find it helpful.

I guess it can help if you see that the majority of your traffic is coming from US and Philippines.
When you use Wordstream's Free Keyword Tool you can choose the country, I usually choose US.

To be honest I stopped optimizing the keywords for new accusations, I saw that the high CTR percentage started declining after a while and now G gives for most domains RS terms that are completely unrelated to past use.

Do you guys still find it beneficial to optimize RS terms?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Guys,
If Majority of my Traffic is coming in from type-in, how do i optimize the keywords?
And using keywords with High CPC and high competition is it better?
Am researching to optimize my domains in couple of weeks as i just input them in Bodis.

TIA

•••
Back