IT.COM

strategy Bought laptopbattery.net in GD auction , any idea how much earned till date through the domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

amit chowdhury

Established Member
Impact
I bought laptopbattery.net from go daddy auction in Dec 2015. I put simple html pages & put Adsense on the pages.

Any guess, How much I have earned from Adsense ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd guess, close to zero? Doesn't seem you get any traffic from Google.

•••
from 11-14-2015 to today (4-2-2017) total Adsense income $5202

•••
How much did you pay for the name?

•••
•••
•••
I'd guess, close to zero? Doesn't seem you get any traffic from Google.
You are right, laptopbattery.net don't get any traffic from google, in analytics all traffic is direct ( really I don't know where they come from).
Right now, traffic is far less than Jan 2016 level. In my guess, from Jun onwards, there will be very little traffic and Adsense income will be zero.

But its ok as beside site setup, I didn't do anything.

•••
Interesting. Congrats on the earning. Is the traffic from backlinks ?
Care to share some stats ? Traffic Country, earnings per day, traffic count etc.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
Interesting. Congrats on the earning. Is the traffic from backlinks ?
Care to share some stats ? Traffic Country, earnings per day, traffic count etc.
Thanks for sharing.
Actually it was an established site before and had lot of backlinks (I think). 90% of the traffic from USA. Right now earning is $3 per day. All the earnings from CPM ( view) not CPC (click). If there was clicks (though very rare), google did not count the click. Now average pageview is 250 per day and decreasing.

I guess, maximum upto May 2017, I will get earnings from Adsense. Lets see.

•••
Awesome. Why not develop it properly. I see a huge-potential earner.
Anyway, You own it and you know the best.
Goodluck Bro. :xf.cool::xf.cool:(y)(y)

•••
Good for you. I see that the site was part of another defunct business called laptopsforless.com... These are the kinds of good deals for sites with existing traffic. You did well with adding Amazon links and you may be able to do better if you directly approach one of the battery wholesalers and become an affiliate with them Amazon pays the least of all affiliate sales. Either way, even though the domain is a .net, it is a great domain and can be developed further to generate a steady income.

•••
Good for you. I see that the site was part of another defunct business called laptopsforless.com... These are the kinds of good deals for sites with existing traffic. You did well with adding Amazon links and you may be able to do better if you directly approach one of the battery wholesalers and become an affiliate with them Amazon pays the least of all affiliate sales. Either way, even though the domain is a .net, it is a great domain and can be developed further to generate a steady income.

Yes, I see that the owner of the defunct business still holds the laptopbattery.com. Its funny that laptopbattery.net (1999) registered before laptopbattery.com (2000).

I have other domains of defunct american businesses like 1000dollarautos.com, sosuabayresort.com, rockypointgc.com, rate1mortgage.com but as I am from other country its very tough for me to get any affiliate program for above domains. That's why I put Adsense in all the domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Back