Dynadot

$cashtags - Post your "TAG" and "CASH" Domains

NameSilo
Watch
I was at a tech meetup in Boca Raton, Florida and someone swiftly mentioned about "Cashtags"; I had no idea what they were.

I have been hesitant to post about Cashtags since I did not think it would have any relevance to domaining - this is not the case.

Fortune.com already posted wrote about it!

you can read the full article here - http://www.domainmagic.com/cashtags-social-networking-of-the-future/

I registered Cashtag / io and Cashtags / io

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Allow me...

$com

This will be the ultimate way to send money. Much better than PayPal imo.

•••
Allow me...

$com

This will be the ultimate way to send money. Much better than PayPal imo.

holy shit; amazing $

•••
holy shit; amazing $
Thanks. Someone beat me to $domains.

The fact that it's free and the money goes right into your bank account is awesome!

•••
Only available in the US

•••
•••
And again, the registrars will be happy with domainers rushing out to reg any domain with cashtags, ct, etc etc.

But then, I am working on a site now (just need the logos redone to my liking).
Where domainers can get their own tags.
Who knew?

DNTAGS dot com

•••
I see a few TMs on "cashtag" but they don't look to be Square's.

•••
I actually thought about buying a cashtag domain. I'll pass after rethinking it! Could be a tm nightmare.

•••
I don't see a way to play it via domains other than to reg "cashtag" domains... Not like "sending cash" is new. Think I will stay away, too, but am downloading the app so I can get my name before anyone else.

•••
Also trying to think if there is any downside to having your "pay address" publicly known -- would think Square has thought of all the security issues beforehand!

•••
I don't see a way to play it via domains other than to reg "cashtag" domains... Not like "sending cash" is new. Think I will stay away, too, but am downloading the app so I can get my name before anyone else.
Good luck getting a first name.

•••
Good luck getting a first name.

Nah - my first name is 3 letters. My whole first-last (7 letter) name is still available though.

A lot of interesting things are available, still. It's quite early.

•••
Nah - my first name is 3 letters. My whole first-last (7 letter) name is still available though.

A lot of interesting things are available, still. It's quite early.
Lots available but first names would be ideal or your business name.

•••
I figure if this service takes off (which I think it's got a decent shot to) then I will set up a second one for my business. I wonder what limits the amount of accounts you can have? Maybe only the number of bank accounts.

•••
I wonder what limits the amount of accounts you can have? Maybe only the number of bank accounts.
I think it's limited to 1 per device, CC, and phone number.

•••
$online

Hard to choose just one with so many words available!

Thanks for the heads up, Jason.

•••
Now -- does anyone see a market for the $Cashtags developing, as supposedly there is an underground-ish market for Twitter handles?

•••
Now -- does anyone see a market for the $Cashtags developing, as supposedly there is an underground-ish market for Twitter handles?
There is no way to transfer a cashtag.

•••
There is no way to transfer a cashtag.

You could just change the underlying data: phone, CC, email, etc. to the buyer.

•••
You could just change the underlying data: phone, CC, email, etc. to the buyer.
Tell me more.

How can I create a new account with my iPhone? It would require a new card or email I guess.

I can't see how it's possible since only 1 app can be downloaded per unique device.

•••
Tell me more.

How can I create a new account with my iPhone? It would require a new card or email I guess.

I can't see how it's possible since only 1 app can be downloaded per unique device.

Well first of all I am not saying I'm going to do it. And second of all, I was only thinking out loud that it was technically possible.. to do with one "handle" at a time anyway.

But if the main hurdle was that you can only have one app per device, who's to say it's not economically worth it to procure a bunch of oldish, cheap phones, laptops, tablets, etc. simply to register several appealing handles?

The more practical aspect for us domainers may simply may be the improvement over Paypal:
  • 1.5% vs. 2.9% fee
  • Money immediately into bank account rather than online Paypal account
  • And it seems like it will be more user-friendly, simpler, easier to use, etc., etc.
My initial impression is that this will catch on and maybe we domainers will be some of the real first early adopters. Thank you to the OP for bringing this to light.

I re-thought my initial impulse to register my FirstLastname and went with a name I like of a domain I am working with and own, Qongo -- may switch the name of my business to it. I realized: most likely 90% plus use of my Cash account (if it takes hold) will likely be iused n domaining, rather than personal, so why not "brand" it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I thought $ on Twitter marked a stock symbol, IE $GDDY would display the latest ticker for GoDaddy.

•••
Twitter did this two years ago; so it seems like there would be no trademark on this technology; However they did it wrong, they linked the $tags to Stock symbols so users could easily see the ticker price within the social tweet or message.

This seems like something twitter will eventually acquire

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back