Dynadot

$cashtags - Post your "TAG" and "CASH" Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was at a tech meetup in Boca Raton, Florida and someone swiftly mentioned about "Cashtags"; I had no idea what they were.

I have been hesitant to post about Cashtags since I did not think it would have any relevance to domaining - this is not the case.

Fortune.com already posted wrote about it!

you can read the full article here - http://www.domainmagic.com/cashtags-social-networking-of-the-future/

I registered Cashtag / io and Cashtags / io

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
LOL! I'll send funds right away!!

I actually don't have a Mastercard/Visa debit card so it's still available :) Though I do want it.. :)

Would be interesting to see what 3rd party applications this would be used for development.

Why ? Looks like you just go to a cash.me site and pay. Where is there room for 3rd Party? Square / Apple want to control the whole cash / payment space.

Last I checked they don't have the ACH access that Mastercard/Visa have so they are still just a middle man - i.e. they are the 3rd Party app.

Why would I not just provide a link on my own business site? It seems wasteful to direct someone to the third party and lose that opportunity to retain them on site, or as inbound upsell etc.

I just don't get it, I suppose.

•••
@Keith

"Multiple Cash Accounts

"You can create different Cash accounts for personal and business use. Each account must be associated with a different email address or mobile phone number, but you can link the same debit card to multiple accounts.

"To switch between accounts on the same device, you'll need to sign out and sign back in to your alternate account with your associated email or phone number."

Notice it says "different email address OR mobile phone number."

Full article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5187-about-square-cash#multiple-cash-accounts

•••
[FONT=Book Antiqua said:
"To switch between accounts on the same device, you'll need to sign out and sign back in to your alternate account with your associated email or phone number."[/FONT]

You can do this, but when you switch between accounts the one you are not using shows disabled or "Oh no :( , this page you are looking for cannot be found.

•••
It seems wasteful to direct someone to the third party and lose that opportunity to retain them on site, or as inbound upsell etc.

I just don't get it, I suppose.

Yea I agree, since no api documentation or allowed for use, no one really knows how it's going to turn out; what applications you can use it for.

But from the looks of a #hashtag and social media and how that instantly came a hit; I believe people will just understand and adapt what a $cashtag is. I'm sure you will be able to eventually share your $tag through social networks; allowing payment gateways.

Say Lady Gaga has how many followers? idk, it's too late for me to check but prob over 13m. If she socially shares her $cashtag she can generate a few bucks for social prizes for example.

When you send payment your information is personally verified with the last 4 digits of your social. Unlike facebook and twitter which has a huge issue with this right now and trying to figure out how to remove millions of fake accounts.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting question: do you have to accept the payments?

Can't sign up ouside USA - can't even get the app - but to transfer currency way cheaper try transferwise.com - does save a lot on transfers

•••
You can do this, but when you switch between accounts the one you are not using shows disabled or "Oh no :( , this page you are looking for cannot be found.
This isn't true if you sign out and create another account. I have 2 open right now.

$com
$way

•••
•••
•••
•••
Decided to use...

$purse - Money Bags!

•••
One thing for sure, that company is getting a lot of namepros members involved.
To what end, no telling.
Just another way to get money, give money.

And Dwolla is still better.
https://www.dwolla.com/

Here in Iowa...can pay the state for anything using them!

•••
•••
up to and including 10 bucks?
NO CHARGE.
From then on, the charge is a straight:
25 cents!!!!
Why the state of Iowa moved to Dwolla.
Cheaper for them than credit cards, debit cards and checks.
No, it goes to Dwolla until the recipient has the money sent to their bank.
And all funds held at the Credit Union Veridian....down the street from us.

Go to Dwolla and read all about it, etc etc etc.

•••
No, it goes to Dwolla until the recipient has the money sent to their bank.
That's why cashtag is better imo. I don't want a middleman holding my money until I withdraw it. Just get it to my bank account now please.

Both services are free. One puts money in my bank instantly, the other holds it. No brainer...

•••
Okay, if your business requires money in the bank instantly?
Time to rethink your business.
pay 1.5% on a $5,000 sale
or
pay 25 cents on a $5,000 sale

Freaking no brainer for sure sayeth I....

•••
Okay, if your business requires money in the bank instantly?
Time to rethink your business.
pay 1.5% on a $5,000 sale
or
pay 25 cents on a $5,000 sale

Freaking no brainer for sure sayeth I....
I believe personal transactions peer to peer are free.

Does McDonald's have to withdraw their money from MasterCard when I buy a Big Mac? Seems archaic with today's technology.

•••
Only available in the US

I'm in!

I live just north of the Canada/US border and already have a US bank account, credit card, Visa debit and mailing address, but still couldn't get the app on my Canadian device. I crossed the border today and bought a $99 tablet and was able to set myself up.

I have regular payments that I make via wire transfer and my bank charges $25 per outbound transfer and I have to set them up in person at the bank, hopefully I can convert the people I pay to accept payments this way.

•••
I'm in!

I live just north of the Canada/US border and already have a US bank account, credit card, Visa debit and mailing address, but still couldn't get the app on my Canadian device. I crossed the border today and bought a $99 tablet and was able to set myself up.

I have regular payments that I make via wire transfer and my bank charges $25 per outbound transfer and I have to set them up in person at the bank, hopefully I can convert the people I pay to accept payments this way.
$bingo!

•••
A little hint. You can have up to 3 $cashtags per account. Happy hunting!

•••
A little hint. You can have up to 3 $cashtags per account. Happy hunting!

Nice! All going to the same bank account right? It makes sense to get my full name too, but I went with something generic that could be more flexible for who knows what in the future. $seed

•••
Nice! All going to the same bank account right? It makes sense to get my full name too, but I went with something generic that could be more flexible for who knows what in the future. $seed
You can only use one at a time within each account. Example:

I have $bingo and $cheers in the same account. Bingo is ready to accept money but cheers will give you the message, "oops". But I can switch to cheers whenever need be.

•••
You can only use one at a time within each account. Example:

I have $bingo and $cheers in the same account. Bingo is ready to accept money but cheers will give you the message, "oops". But I can switch to cheers whenever need be.

Ok got it, thanks

•••
love everything about this, glad you found out about it early on and shared it with us jason

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back