Catch.club Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Catch.club

Established Member
NameSilo Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community!

We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements, talk about product updates and people can ask questions!

We are fine-tuning the system this week, please feel free to check it out at www.catch.club

We are also adding a domain keyword / domain type monitor service, so you can get notification free of charge if there is any preferred domain in pending delete status.

https://catch.club/how-it-works

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Catch.club Team

P.s. At www.catch.club/auctions we list daily the English 1 word exact match .com and .net domains in pending delete status.

P.s. More TLDs are coming! -> https://catch.club/how-it-works

This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have disabled it for logged in users.

•••
•••
@Catch.club one thing is not clear to me, what happens if I place a backorder for a domain using catch.club, and then dropcatch.com will catch that domain (very likely), and then because there are multiple people who backordered the same domain, that domain will go into a public auction on dropcatch.com.

And let's say my initial bid was only a minimal bid, and in the auction I am already losing, but I still have time to increase my bid to win that domain.

In that case, should I place my new bid inside my catch.club account,or should I place the bid directly on dropcatch.com, in the public auction?

I guess I could do both (because it is a public auction), but isn't it against your terms to circumvent catch.club ?

•••
Can you add a "number of TLDs taken" filter to your search function? For example, display only those domains where min. 5 TLDs (=top-level domains) are taken.

For example, if my domain is example.com, and example.com, example.net, example.org, example.info and example.club are all taken, then I know that example.com is a good domain, because other people have already registered the other TLDs of this keyword.

Currently it is only possible to filter those domains using other tools, but the best would be if I could do it right inside catch.club.

•••
Can you add a "number of TLDs taken" filter to your search function? For example, display only those domains where min. 5 TLDs (=top-level domains) are taken.

For example, if my domain is example.com, and example.com, example.net, example.org, example.info and example.club are all taken, then I know that example.com is a good domain, because other people have already registered the other TLDs of this keyword.

Currently it is only possible to filter those domains using other tools, but the best would be if I could do it right inside catch.club.

In that case, should I place my new bid inside my catch.club account,or should I place the bid directly on dropcatch.com, in the public auction?
->
You can use both. If you use Catch.club the advantage that we will transfer the domain, so you can have it in your NameSilo account without you spending time on the transfer.

I guess I could do both (because it is a public auction), but isn't it against your terms to circumvent catch.club ?
->
Both is not recommended as you could be bidding against yourself. Catch.club is just one of the bidders on DC, so your 1000 USD direct bid could go against your 900 USD CC proxy bid, resulting the final price much higher.

->
Good suggestion, we will do this! Thank you!

•••
We started publishing auction final price data on our Twitter!

https://twitter.com/CatchDotClub

If you want to see what was the final price of popular domains on Catch.club, just follow us on Twitter.

Please note we are not publishing auction data if our Catch.club user has won the auction.

•••
What happens if two or more catch.club users backorder the same domain at the same time on catch.club? In this case will you place the backorder only on the highest bidder's behalf? So is it like a mini-auction, but only among catch.club users, and before the approval of the backorder?

•••
What happens if two or more catch.club users backorder the same domain at the same time on catch.club? In this case will you place the backorder only on the highest bidder's behalf? So is it like a mini-auction, but only among catch.club users, and before the approval of the backorder?

Exactly. We submit the backorder on behalf of one user only. So if you place 80 USD offer, while other Catch.club user 10 USD only, once the pre-drop auction closed, the customer who's offer was 10 USD only will have the domain with missed status and your offer of 80 USD will be submitted to our backorder partners.

•••
We have added more backorder partners, so if you have 18+ USD offer for .com domain now catchrate will be significantly higher :)

•••
We have added more backorder partners, so if you have 18+ USD offer for .com domain now catchrate will be significantly higher :)
Long time NameSilo customer, where I house all of my domains. I just chatted with a customer service agent on your website. When I asked how many services you include, he pointed to the page where only 6 or so were displayed. What is correct here?

I also am unable to delete a domain I accidentally added. Where can this be done?

•••
I have to warn against using catch.club. I didn't realize at first that they weren't their own backorder registrar. I figure because of their alignment with Namesilo, they would be registering their own domains. Instead, when you list a domain with them, they pump your domain out to many backorder "services", some of which include traditional registrars (Name.com, Sav.com, etc.) or backorder shops (NameJet, DropCatch) and apparently many which are not (brokers, catchers, etc.).

The result? On a domain I wanted that has much value to me but little value to others, I went to sleep seeing no bids at all with about a day left before deletion. The next morning, hours after sending it to catch.club, there are 25+ bids on this domain on SN/NJ and I believe I just set myself up for a bidding war with others who likely would have never even been aware of this thing without me accidentally setting the throngs of backorder snatchers on it by accidentally listing it with catch.club.

Additionally, there is no way to remove a domain you add. So, once I realized the folly of my action, I contacted their support to remove it (since there's no other way to do it), and they did nothing.

I have my many domains currently with Namesilo, but this experience is such a turnoff that I may start looking at other registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Long time NameSilo customer, where I house all of my domains. I just chatted with a customer service agent on your website. When I asked how many services you include, he pointed to the page where only 6 or so were displayed. What is correct here?

I also am unable to delete a domain I accidentally added. Where can this be done?
Hey! As not every backorder platform we work with allow cancelling backorders, Catch.club currently does not support cancelling backorder requests. That is why we have also put a Terms of Use pop up before placing a backorder so it is 100% clear what we offer.

This is the list of limitations we ask our users to accept before placing a backorder:

Agreement
The bid you place is a proxy bid. By placing an order with Catch.Club you accept the following terms and conditions:

1: You may place a backorder on any domain at Catch.Club. Backorders can not be canceled and you will be charged if we catch the domain for you.

2: Our backorder cut off time is 09:00 UTC on the drop date. We suggest to backorder domains at least 24 hours before the drop.

3: If you miss the cut off time, we may still accept your order, but some of our partnering platforms will not accept our backorder request on your behalf, resulting in a missed catch status.

4: If the domain is caught at one of our partnering platforms and they hold an auction, we will bid on your behalf up to your set proxy bid.

5: All domains captured will be managed via Catch.Club for the first 60 days after registration via an A record regardless of which platform secures the domain.

6: Whois information cannot be updated to your own while the domain is in the initial 60-day lock.

7: After 60 days we will transfer the domain to your NameSilo account automatically. There you will have full control over the domain.

8: Domain nameservers are typically updated and start to resolve within 72 hours after the domain is delivered to your Catch.Club account. Once the nameservers have propagated, your domain's DNS records (A record, TXT record etc.) will work.

9: Catch.Club does not offer whois management options and will use proxy whois information for the first 60 days. If we receive any communication during this period, we will forward it to you. Once the domain is transferred to NameSilo, you have full access to Whois records for the domain.

10: When we secure your domain, we will only charge you the amount of the winning bid used to obtain the domain at our partnering platform, one year additional domain renewal fee (to cover the transfer fee to NameSilo) and our service fee of 20%.

11: Domain push at our partners is not allowed, but domain ownership can be transferred via domain push directly in your Catch.club/NameSilo account.

•••
I have to warn against using catch.club. I didn't realize at first that they weren't their own backorder registrar. I figure because of their alignment with Namesilo, they would be registering their own domains. Instead, when you list a domain with them, they pump your domain out to many backorder "services", some of which include traditional registrars (Name.com, Sav.com, etc.) or backorder shops (NameJet, DropCatch) and apparently many which are not (brokers, catchers, etc.).

The result? On a domain I wanted that has much value to me but little value to others, I went to sleep seeing no bids at all with about a day left before deletion. The next morning, hours after sending it to catch.club, there are 25+ bids on this domain on SN/NJ and I believe I just set myself up for a bidding war with others who likely would have never even been aware of this thing without me accidentally setting the throngs of backorder snatchers on it by accidentally listing it with catch.club.

Additionally, there is no way to remove a domain you add. So, once I realized the folly of my action, I contacted their support to remove it (since there's no other way to do it), and they did nothing.

I have my many domains currently with Namesilo, but this experience is such a turnoff that I may start looking at other registrars.

Thank you for reporting this issue, if you let us know the domain name we are happy to investigate what may have happened.

We actually mention that we work with multiple backorder platforms in the ToS you need to accept before placing an order:
4: If the domain is caught at one of our partnering platforms and they hold an auction, we will bid on your behalf up to your set proxy bid.

We also list the logo most of the platforms we work with at our How it works page:

And as we are aware that there people going after domains backordered by other domain investors, we do not submit backorders until few hours before drop in order not to bring too much attention to the domain.

What we usually recommend to domain investors who already use Snapnames and Dropcatch, that in order to balance the catchrate and bidding convenience, they place a 58 USD offer on Catch.club so all our smaller catchers go after the domain and use Snapnames and Dropcatch directly with their own account as before.

This way if a smaller catcher gets the domain, you can benefit from the lower backorder price / less competition, and if the domain is caught by Snapnames/Dropcatch you can just bid as before.

•••
Also we are happy to announce that NameServer update feature is coming soon to Catch.club, meaning the limit of using DNS records to manage your domain will be removed in few weeks!

•••
It's not true that "All restrictions are removed from your domain 66 days after delivery when the domain is added to your account at our registrar partner."

Please see here, where you promise this: https://catch.club/how-it-works

And you also promise this in the popup window when someone is about to place a bid:

5: All domains captured will be managed via Catch.Club for the first 60 days after registration via an A record regardless of which platform secures the domain.

7: After 60 days we will transfer the domain to your NameSilo account automatically. There you will have full control over the domain.

You transfer these domains to Namesilo. So I read the FAQ here: https://www.namesilo.com/domain/transfer-domains

How long will it take for my domain transfers to go through?

Successful domain transfers are automatically completed within 5 to 7 days. This period can be expedited further by asking your old registrar to approve the transfer out request.

The registration of the domain is when the domain was caught. Then it will be in transfer-lock status for 60 days. Then it will take 5-7 days to transfer the domain into Namesilo.

So I understand this is why you promise that "All restrictions are removed from your domain 66 days after delivery when the domain is added to your account at our registrar partner."

Yes, it is technically possible to transfer the domains after 66 days of registration into my Namesilo account.

However you are unable to do it in time, in reality it takes 70-77 days to receive the domains.

I am watching the won backorders page on catch.club, and the counter is counting down from 66 to 0. So the counter starts from 66, it means that the domain will be delivered into my Namesilo account in 66 days. When the counter reaches 0, then I have to wait another 5-10 days for the domain to appear in my Namesilo account. But I should receive the domain when the counter is displaying zero. But it never happened in my case.

I already reported this problem to support 5 months ago, but it looks like you can't fix it.

So I think you should update the terms and conditions and the sales page, and promise that the domain will be delivered after 77 days of registration. Because you can't manage the deliver the domains 66 days after registration, it never happened in my case. And you should also update the counter on the won backorders page on catch.club and count down from 77, not from 66.

66 days is already a very long period, but in reality i have to wait 70-77 days, it is very very slow.

I understand that you are technically unable to deliver the domains in 66 days into my Namesilo account, but then you shouldn't promise that you can do it. No, you can't do it.

It would be better to promise that you will deliver the domains in 77 days and actually fulfill your promise, than promising that you will deliver the domains in 66 days and they failing to fulfill the promise.

If you promised that you will deliver the domain in 77 days and you would actually deliver it in 77 days, then I would be satisfied.

But if you promise that you will deliver the domain in 66 days, but in reality you deliver it in 70-77 days, then I won't be satisfied.

•••
For example, I have just received a caught domain into my Namesilo account, but I received this domain 78 days after the registration, instead of the promised 66 days, so I lost 12 days. The domain was registered 78 days ago. Technically I could have received this domain 66-67 days after the registration date. There is the 60 day transfer lock from the date of registration (not from the auction end), and then it takes 5-7 days to transfer the domain into Namesilo.

I wanted to list this domain for sale, and I can't do until I have full control over the domain name. Because upon selling it I must transfer the full ownership to the buyer. The buyer needs full control over the domain name, not just the "remote management". I also need to set my own nameservers, but it is not possible with the "remote management". So I had to wait 78 days to use this domain, instead of the promised 66 days.

Last edited:
•••
For example, I have just received a caught domain into my Namesilo account, but I received this domain 78 days after the registration, instead of the promised 66 days, so I lost 12 days. The domain was registered 78 days ago. Technically I could have received this domain 66-67 days after the registration date. There is the 60 day transfer lock from the date of registration (not from the auction end), and then it takes 5-7 days to transfer the domain into Namesilo.

I wanted to list this domain for sale, and I can't do until I have full control over the domain name. Because upon selling it I must transfer the full ownership to the buyer. The buyer needs full control over the domain name, not just the "remote management". I also need to set my own nameservers, but it is not possible with the "remote management". So I had to wait 78 days to use this domain, instead of the promised 66 days.
Hi,

Please note that it is not uncommon that registrars provide the wrong authorization code or delay providing the authorization code on time which can delay the delivery process on our side. For example if the authorization code is sent to us 5 days after we request it, that delays the start of the transfer, but thank you for the feedback, we will change from the optimistic 66 days to 77 as recommended by you.

We are improving our domain delivery process and we should be closer to 66 days soon.

We are doing our best move domains from our partners to NameSilo as soon as we can, unfortunately it is not always as smooth as we wish.

That is why many of our users decide to use www.catch.club (as we were told). So instead of placing backorders directly with the platform, they choose catch.club as they do not want to spend time and hassle getting the auth code, requesting second auth code (if the first code provided is incorrect) and spending time with moving domains from many different platforms to their preferred registrar. They just place backorder, then take notice when the domain is in their NameSilo account.

Also domain ownership can be permanently transferred by moving the domain between 2 catch.club accounts, the same rules apply if it was a domain push between 2 NameSilo accounts. We have checked this with Afternic and there is no rule in their ToS which would prevent listing domains for sale caught by catch.club.

Between placing the backorder and receiving the domain at NameSilo there is no action needed by our customers :) Yes, sometimes it takes longer then we wish, we are working to make the process faster.

Also we are happy to announce that auto NameServer update is coming soon to Catch.club!

Thank you for helping us improve with your feedback and suggestions!

•••
On a domain I wanted that has much value to me but little value to others, I went to sleep seeing no bids at all with about a day left before deletion. The next morning, hours after sending it to catch.club, there are 25+ bids on this domain on SN/NJ and I believe I just set myself up for a bidding war with others who likely would have never even been aware of this thing without me accidentally setting the throngs of backorder snatchers on it by accidentally listing it with catch.club.
Well, I'm not catchclub user, but this alone makes me wonder should I think about it at all! Is the club what NameSilo is exclusively busy with now? How about fixing general system bugs (=regressions), together with catchclub development, such as: 1) if you transfer a domain TO namesilo, and activate whois privacy at the time you request a transfer-in - the privacy would NOT be applied after successful transfer? Or, even though namesilo offers setup of CorrectCapitalization for domains listed on marketplace - the domains are still shown in lowercase. Capitalization is simply ignored. Not a single domain with configured capitalization is shown - both on forsale landing pages and the marketplace itself. I understand that the issues I mentioned are not exclusive to catchclub-powered domains, but posting it here as the main namesilo thread died long time ago...

Last edited:
•••
Is catchclub still being worked on? It seems the front page is outdated "Find the domain name of your choice. Currently we support only .com"

I would also like to know all registrars being used so I don't compete with myself.

•••
Also we are happy to announce that NameServer update feature is coming soon to Catch.club, meaning the limit of using DNS records to manage your domain will be removed in few weeks!
Has this been added? I successfully caught a name but I only see DNS no NS update, I need NS or at least a redirect option.

•••
Has this been added? I successfully caught a name but I only see DNS no NS update, I need NS or at least a redirect option.
Hi! We are working on the NameServer update option. In the meantime you can reach out to our support and we will manually change the caught domains' nameservers.

•••
Is catchclub still being worked on? It seems the front page is outdated "Find the domain name of your choice. Currently we support only .com"

I would also like to know all registrars being used so I don't compete with myself.
We work with all major and minor backorder platforms. If you place 80+ USD bid, we will submit your backorder with all of our partners, if you offer a lower amount, we will place the order with fewer platforms.

•••
We work with all major and minor backorder platforms. If you place 80+ USD bid, we will submit your backorder with all of our partners, if you offer a lower amount, we will place the order with fewer platforms.

Ok, I was more saying that the page was outdated, but yeah I asked to see all platforms so that I don't place a competing offer, I mainly use Sav though. Is that one of the platforms used? As most of my names are very niche, I don't want them to go to auction and get attention as 99% of domains I have caught thus far go to Sav, and 99% of those were no auction but if you guys place the order there too then it will go to auction.

I have a big list so they alert me of an upcoming backorder, then I know to monitor it more closely. Plus their win rate for my niches is pretty good only sometimes losing to Dropcatch/HugeDomains or snap.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, I was more saying that the page was outdated, but yeah I asked to see all platforms so that I don't place a competing offer, I mainly use Sav though. Is that one of the platforms used? As most of my names are very niche, I don't want them to go to auction and get attention as 99% of domains I have caught thus far go to Sav, and 99% of those were no auction but if you guys place the order there too then it will go to auction.

I have a big list so they alert me of an upcoming backorder, then I know to monitor it more closely. Plus their win rate for my niches is pretty good only sometimes losing to Dropcatch/HugeDomains or snap.

If you are monitoring keywords probably our Domain Watch tool could be interesting for you as well.

You can use it free of charge at www.catch.club/account/watch, then if there is a domain matching your requirement we will send you the domain name list directly to your mailbox.

If you are happy with catch rate of SAV there is not much argument to use Catch.club at the moment as using our service is a balance of increased average catch rate VS the chance of increased average price.

Most of our customers value their time highly, and instead of spending hours daily placing backorders on different platforms manually, they just spend minutes placing orders with us.

And we also take over the task of keeping track where the domain is caught, then transfer the domain to your NameSilo account. So no matter where the domain is registered, the domain will be moved to your NameSilo account automatically.

Sav currently holds currently 1.26% of ICANN accredited registrars, so by using Catch.club you can dramatically increase the chance of getting your preferred domains.

•••
If you are monitoring keywords probably our Domain Watch tool could be interesting for you as well.

You can use it free of charge at www.catch.club/account/watch, then if there is a domain matching your requirement we will send you the domain name list directly to your mailbox.

If you are happy with catch rate of SAV there is not much argument to use Catch.club at the moment as using our service is a balance of increased average catch rate VS the chance of increased average price.

Most of our customers value their time highly, and instead of spending hours daily placing backorders on different platforms manually, they just spend minutes placing orders with us.

And we also take over the task of keeping track where the domain is caught, then transfer the domain to your NameSilo account. So no matter where the domain is registered, the domain will be moved to your NameSilo account automatically.

Sav currently holds currently 1.26% of ICANN accredited registrars, so by using Catch.club you can dramatically increase the chance of getting your preferred domains.
So you can't say if you use Sav or not?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back