Dynadot

Cheapest domain registrars to buy from?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oakhearted

Impact
I want to buy cheap domains from a registrar that doesnt have bad reputations of scamming on here. I am Australian so I go by AUD.
Also I'm new to this forum community.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome! For many years, I used GoDaddy and Hover. But recently I started using NameCheap.
The prices at Namecheap appear very respectable, especially for transfers. The service was great, especially the fact that you can readily send a message to them from their website. The email responses were very quick. And the renewal costs appear to be very competitive. And you don't have to pay for an annual domain discount club membership in order to get those low costs.
Porkbun has also been cited as being low cost, but I can't vouch for them. Ionos appeared to be the low cost, but it turned out that the prices quoted (like $1/yr) involved having to buy a hosting package).
You can do a search on Namepros, and check out the various registrar reviews. Note that Namecheap has frequent sales, including one ending tomorrow, where you can get serious discounts on registrations and transfers.

•••
Welcome! For many years, I used GoDaddy and Hover. But recently I started using NameCheap.
The prices at Namecheap appear very respectable, especially for transfers. The service was great, especially the fact that you can readily send a message to them from their website. The email responses were very quick. And the renewal costs appear to be very competitive. And you don't have to pay for an annual domain discount club membership in order to get those low costs.
Porkbun has also been cited as being low cost, but I can't vouch for them. Ionos appeared to be the low cost, but it turned out that the prices quoted (like $1/yr) involved having to buy a hosting package).
You can do a search on Namepros, and check out the various registrar reviews. Note that Namecheap has frequent sales, including one ending tomorrow, where you can get serious discounts on registrations and transfers.
I'm looking for prices similar to Namesilo, Dynadot and Porkbun that are atleast under $10 AUD

•••
Welcome to NP.
The ultimate source for price comparisons of domain names is: https://tld-list.com/ - you can click on any extension and sort by registration, renewal, and transfer prices etc.
For example, when it comes to .net domains, dynadot is clearly the cheapest, whereas in .com and .org domains there's no one winner, so you'd have to pick the registrar based on additional parameters.
Keep it constructive and goodluck

•••
Hello,

For affordable domain registration, you can also prefer NameCheap. GoDaddy is also well know domain registrars, but at the time renewal they even more than others.

•••
This can also help:
https://domcomp.com/

However,
I would strongly advise against choosing the cheapest registrars unless you have a very specific plan in your mind that needs the registration of many domains in bulk. Even in that case though, you can contact reputable registrars (like the ones you mentioned) and ask them for a better price.

Through the years I found that the reputable registrar always beats the cheapest in the long run.

jmo

•••
Just looked at renewal costs between Godaddy and Namecheap and Godaddy .coms are cheaper ! Not so NAMECHEAP afterall plus you get a wider exposure to the market with Godaddy. Am I right ? I think I will transfer to GD.
I have no affiliation to Godaddy bye the way.

•••
Back