Dynadot

discuss China's domain name industry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GuoYongan

Established Member
Impact
I have to say that china's domain name industry is very important. Because of the difference of lingustic, some valueless domain name that in a english speaking man may have great value in china's domain name market. so english speaking investors should put eyes in china's market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where to begin?

Last edited:
•••
I have to say that china's domain name industry is very important. Because of the difference of lingustic, some valueless domain name that in a english speaking man may have great value in china's domain name market. so english speaking investors should put eyes in china's market.
Hi and thank you for this thread-I assume you speak Chinese and are an experienced domainer? We have been buying pinyin names such as zudeche.com (rental car) caifu.ch ( wealthy) Fangchan.ch ( real estate) We own plenty of .com pinyin names but I wonder what you think of the .ch extension for the China market-or even the .in ( India) extension. Thank you.

•••
Where to begin?
the most famous domain name forum is 域名城(domain cn)and if you have any question in doman.cn ,you cansend a email to me. i'm a staff in domain cn,but not a investor.

•••
the most famous domain name forum is 域名城(domain cn)and if you have any question in doman.cn ,you cansend a email to me. i'm a staff in domain cn,but not a investor.
I just started investing in names and im curious about keyword+number domains. Alot of websited in this combination is being used by chinese companies and I would like to get your opinion on these domains. How valuable are these names on the chinese market?

pariss888
recycle888
888recycle
acquire8
all .com's

•••
Hi and thank you for this thread-I assume you speak Chinese and are an experienced domainer? We have been buying pinyin names such as zudeche.com (rental car) caifu.ch ( wealthy) Fangchan.ch ( real estate) We own plenty of .com pinyin names but I wonder what you think of the .ch extension for the China market-or even the .in ( India) extension. Thank you.
i have to say that in china the best .ch and .in is not a good investment choice, the most popular domain name is .com(gTLD ) and .cn(ccTLD). But a good pinyin like caifu.ch is also popular,and "zudeche" is not good because it's more than two syllables.

•••
I just started investing in names and im curious about keyword+number domains. Alot of websited in this combination is being used by chinese companies and I would like to get your opinion on these domains. How valuable are these names on the chinese market?

pariss888
recycle888
888recycle
acquire8
all .com's
in china's market, combination is not a good choice, unless it' s less than four or five character. and the companies use combinations with numbers and alphabet are always small companies.

•••
in china's market, combination is not a good choice, unless it' s less than four or five character. and the companies use combinations with numbers and alphabet are always small companies.
I got snap8 (com) a while ago, I don't know if it's valuable

•••
Thank you for the valuable info. Im glad I didnt go too crazy with it. lol

•••
•••
•••
I got snap8 (com) a while ago, I don't know if it's valuable
i don't think its a good domain name, in china ,we use pinyin but not english words, so a combination like "caifui+88" is better.

•••
•••
short characters .lol is also very good :D

.HA would be better as it's more common than LOL and my exe's girlfriend last name was also Ha so common to Chinese too!

•••
short characters .lol is also very good :D
I got acquire and recycle because it is a really good keyword. But after reading your messages I now see the importance of learning "pinyin". I might have to stop registering and start learning. :laugh:

•••
I got acquire and recycle because it is a really good keyword. But after reading your messages I now see the importance of learning "pinyin". I might have to stop registering and start learning. :laugh:
Learn first, Invest next

•••
i don't think its a good domain name, in china ,we use pinyin but not english words, so a combination like "caifui+88" is better.
are you saying that "88" is a better choice than 8 or 888?

•••
888 is better, in chinese there are a saying :""888(bababa),发发发(fafafa)“:laugh:

•••
200_s.gif
I have alot to learn! :-/:)

Last edited:
•••
if you domainers have questions about chinese or china's domain name market , please send emails to me

•••
•••
888 is better, in chinese there are a saying :""888(bababa),发发发(fafafa)“:laugh:
Good point. :D
I think we like to repeat the same words three times.When a guest arrives, I'll say:

来来来 (come, come, come)
坐坐坐 (sit, sit, sit)
吃吃吃 (eat, eat, eat)
去去去 (go, go, go)

•••
Eh, it's dangerous to be Chinese on Namepros - you are going to be swamped by "please apprise xxxx" and "what does xxxx mean" posts and PMs ;)

•••
Eh, it's dangerous to be Chinese on Namepros - you are going to be swamped by "please apprise xxxx" and "what does xxxx mean" posts and PMs ;)
D-: thanks for your kindful alert.

•••
Caifu88.com is reg'd in China already so you're correct! We have 8spx.com ( "spx" is the worldwide symbol for the S@P 500 )

•••
Back