IT.COM

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
@Kassey Lee

Acquired:
AIXX(.)COM
I think it has great potential in Artificial intelligence with meanings like;
A.I 学习(Xue Xi)---> A.I Learning.
A.I 学校(Xue Xiao)---> A.I School.
A.I 学校 (XinXi)---> A.I Information.
AI 行星 (XingXing)---> A.I Planet.
AI 星星 (XingXing)---> A.I Star.

and also for phrases like;

爱学习, 爱星星, 爱学校, 爱讯息.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Does anybody know if the .ai prefix is widely used in China ?

•••
Does anybody know if the .ai prefix is widely used in China ?
Some startups follow the global trend and use .ai. For example qdtech.ai (快决测) was in the news recently.

•••
Some startups follow the global trend and use .ai. For example qdtech.ai (快决测) was in the news recently.
Thanks Kassey,
That is a quality site who will have many good clients. I rather like .ai in the context of China not that that means anything as IMO one has to be steeped in the culture to comment.
I have certainly made many errors.. Think high Baidu search results "might" offer .ai longtail gains "DianziYouxi" or even the odd newish [.com] in new tech if you can hold "WurenjiSaiche"

Stay Safe All

•••
qdTech.ai is a fast growing startup leveraging data tech to enable businesses to make (q)uick (d)ecision -- hence the English name. It just completed Series B funding only 6 months after successfully raising the Series pre-A round.

•••
Here are some possible combinations off the top of my head.

BWZ
不外走 (don't go outside)
不武争 (don't resolve conflict with force)
步稳重(walk steadily)
不微赚 (make no small profit)

There may be many more possibilities. Branding with letters or numbers is an art which requires a lot of thinking.
  • You know a lot about Chinese culture

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • You know a lot about Chinese culture
Hi Kassey,
Two questions regarding the WeChat netizens generation who's cultural movement which is seemingly adept at mixing pinyin and western character as potential brands e.g. AVGbaoxian AVG保险
Will we see more of this ?
I know gambling is heavily restricted but I put this domain out to the markets yesterday is this term cognitive to Chinese netizens MianfeiTouzhu [com] 免费投注 Free Betting
Thanks
Say safe

•••
@Kassey Lee
Acquired:
WX99.COM

Lots of potential imho with WX being a city abbreviation for Wuxi among other things .Thoughts?

•••
•••
Sorry folks. 4L/4N or more takes a lot of time to find meaningful Chinese phrases, so can't help at this stage.
Please guide about Cpthe.com

•••
RenminbiOnline.com for chinese finance

•••
•••
Xi Wang is Pinyin and can represent the Chinese characters 戏王 (king of games). If you can find the exact name on Chinese (.cn, .com.cn) or other extensions used in a commercial way, then you domain will be very valuable.

@Kassey Lee Around 1.5 Years later I sold XWang.com this past week for $3k to an end user via an ename broker inquiry. Not sure what the use case will be but was decent ROI.

Last edited:
•••
I found a .com name of a moderately wealthy Chinese company that is currently using .net. It looks like a semi-government company (not sure, but there is a page about communist party on a tab). I have 3 questions.
1. If I outbound this name to them, will there be any UDRP issues - Do Chinese companies generally go for UDRP? (I won't take any response as legal opinion, just seeking your experience)
2. Can the selling be done through the email available on the contact page? or Should I try to find some official in LinkedIn? The second option seems very difficult.
Thank you.

•••
Hi Cassie Lee, how are you? This theme has been very strong for many years. Could you please explain how reliable XenoBet is on Mandarin?

•••
Back