IT.COM

Complex problem: Whois privacy when selling .CN and .JP domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

microcat

Impact
Hi all!

About my problem

I have already registered a great .CN domain and I'm going to register a similar .JP domain. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a hurry when registering this .CN domain. I did not take care of WHOIS privacy. Privacy is not allowed by central registry in .CN, or more accurately, my registrar does not provide a proxy/trustee service for .CN domains.

As a result, I see my real name in 'Registrant' field and my email in "Registrant Contact Email" in the WHOIS output for this .CN domain. This is nice, correct and legal, but somewhat confuses me when selling. I think that even taking into account that this data will remain in the whois directory, nevertheless, it’s worth using some other name. Moreover, I would also like to register the corresponding .JP domain and at least have WHOIS privacy there.

My question

1. Please advise me what I can do to hide my personal data (first and last name) for .CN (and .JP) so that I can then sell it using Sedo, etc.

2. Who provides convenient services and will I need to transfer the domain to another registrar to ensure privacy?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive checked the west.xyz and Alibaba cloud don't have an options for whois protection but I did see ename.com does, you could try if that works.

•••
Back