topdom

Top Member
Impact
Here is an idea
(not an original one).

I create a "one page" site.

People visit a domain, that domain is redirected to that site,
that page has the same content whatever the domain, except,
that domain name appears on the landing page and in the title, or maybe also in the url.
(better if I can customize further.)
No problem with resolving, and safe against ddos etc.

People can send me a message via email (form-mail)
(better also if I can also reply using the site)
they would provide their contact info, and I would also get their IP.
A chat option can be a bonus (online or offline).

Any such service? There must be lots of free services somewhere.
I prefer services which don't invest in domains.
No FB or linked in, or twitter.
No service requiring id, phone call, installing app etc.

(Here by cost, I don't mean money (only).
I mean, time, protection, avoiding headache,
looks, usefulness,..)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not indexed

This WordPress site just built a few days ago, so it's normal to see it's not index by major search engine.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Here is an idea
(not an original one).

I create a "one page" site.

People visit a domain, that domain is redirected to that site,
that page has the same content whatever the domain, except,
that domain name appears on the landing page and in the title, or maybe also in the url.
(better if I can customize further.)
No problem with resolving, and safe against ddos etc.

People can send me a message via email (form-mail)
(better also if I can also reply using the site)
they would provide their contact info, and I would also get their IP.
A chat option can be a bonus (online or offline).

Any such service? There must be lots of free services somewhere.
I prefer services which don't invest in domains.
No FB or linked in, or twitter.
No service requiring id, phone call, installing app etc.

(Here by cost, I don't mean money (only).
I mean, time, protection, avoiding headache,
looks, usefulness,..)
You get what pay for if you want to hack something togeather your best bet is gonna be wordpress ->
As a javascript developer my internal goto would be a vue single page app -> comparable would be reactJs -> or angular or the likes ...

These are are extreemly performant / lightweight / and can do just about anything... however... the barrier to get in is going to be someone who knows es6 js

-> otherwise... you could honestly get this done in simple html... your not reinventing the wheel your just putting up a static page.

•••
Ive also seen standalone scripts on codecanyon.com where you can like build a base website -> and then each domain you own is considered a sub domain in your system... where say your main base is domainSeller.com -> when people access that site they see a portfolio...

vs when traffic hits one of your specific sites -> it routes you to that lander page... and also cross advertises your other current domains...

I dont remember what it's called but i remember checking it out before

•••
Use Netlify.com, You can host unlimited websites. And they offer 100GB/Month bandwidth for free. So basically it will be free for any number of your web pages because it will be very small in page size as it is just a landing page. I am assuming that because it is just a landing page, you don't need to have any server-side code running so you could only have your frontend HTML/CSS/JS or similar.

Using Netlify you also get a free SSL certificate, they use LetsEncrypt for providing you a free SSL certificate.

If you want to design a great-looking landing page you could use unicornplatform.com
If you take a one-month premium then the platform will also allow you to download the code generated for your landing page.
You can do the following
- Create a landing page using UnicornPlatform - it's a no-code platform
- Get one monthly premium (its $8/month)
- Download the code for your website
- Host it on Netlify for free

- Now you can cancel your subscription and just modify the HTML code that you downloaded earlier and again host it on Netlify.

PS: Please don't go with AWS for this, if you don't handle the resources on AWS carefully, you might get a big bill considering you will have many landing pages.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Does anyone think Wordpress is good or bad for this purpose. Maybe create a page in 10 minutes, to get name/company, email, IP, of potential buyers, via form mail.... And need security, and high uptime of course.
(assuming wordpress handless security and uptime by itself. )
You don't mean a WordPress site for each individual domain name, do you?

•••
Actually it would be great if other registrars "copy" Epik's default landing pages. Epik was great but currently it is totally dead (failing on 3 R's: registration, renewal, refund). A landing page may not be useful enough by itself. I would prefer to combine leads coming from landing pages, with marketplace/mls listings. This way I would have more control in the sale process, and can make marketplaces and agents happy enough whenever they are honest and hardworking and so make sales more likely, can do followups, and not leave much on the table. I can hire a friend to create a site meeting my expectations, but it would be better if I don't give any hints about my identity (for example in UDRP they can say, these domains are owned by the same guy although we don't know who he is), and a third party site familar to everyone (such as fb, twitter, wordpress,..) handles messages from visitors. And of course, time is very important, both in setting up the system, and managing it. "Marketplace listings alone" is not a good way either, unless you add low prices and set up fast transfers on all domains, maybe combine it with outbounds.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back