Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Y'all still buyin into this bs?

Yes.

1652105996718.png

•••
They most definitely felt the findings are related to covid , they said they can tell how long the tissues and ect have been damaged , they said almost all of it was fresh.
How are you and your family feeling about all of this?
Tissues do have a wonderful way sometimes of regenerating themselves, so it will be very interesting to see how the healing progresses.
For the benefit of others on this forum, you think joining a research study is a good idea for other folks who have had Covid?

•••
How are you and your family feeling about all of this?
Tissues do have a wonderful way sometimes of regenerating themselves, so it will be very interesting to see how the healing progresses.
For the benefit of others on this forum, you think joining a research study is a good idea for other folks who have had Covid?
I am very optimistic, as the doctors are as well that the damage will heal, the brain fog itself is gone, a slight memory lapse that is noticeable to me and my family still remains.

I would highly recommend that people participate in covid studies

•••
•••
•••
A friendly reminder for US citizens---8 free at-home Covid tests can now be ordered for free at Covid.gov. Sent by US mail. This is the third round of free tests.

•••
And, for the USA, more exciting news. The FDA will be having a meeting June 7th, open to the public online , to discuss the Novavax vaccine authorization. You can submit comments electronically to the committee by June 1st, for their inspection. Feel free to check out the advisory committee website for more details.
For the states, this is potentially a sigificant new alternative for those hesitant to take the mRNA vaccines.

•••

‘We’re playing with fire’: US Covid cases may be 30 times higher than reported​

The United States is now in its fourth-biggest Covid surge, according to official case counts – but experts believe the actual current rate is much higher.

America is averaging about 94,000 new cases every day, and hospitalizations have been ticking upward since April, though they remain much lower than previous peaks.

But Covid cases could be undercounted by a factor of 30, an early survey of the surge in New York City indicates. “It would appear official case counts are under-estimating the true burden of infection by about 30-fold, which is a huge surprise,” said Denis Nash, an author of the study and a distinguished professor of epidemiology at the City University of New York School of Public Health.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/01/us-covid-surge-cases-rate

•••

Dogs may be better at detecting Covid-19 than nasal PCR tests, study finds​

Trained dogs may be able to detect Covid-19 more effectively than nasal swab PCR tests, according to new research.

A study published on Wednesday by the peer-reviewed Plos One journal found that canines were able to better detect the presence of Covid than PCR antigenic tests in both symptomatic and asymptomatic people.
In the study, trained dogs were able to detect Covid in 97% of symptomatic cases and nearly 100% of asymptomatic cases.

In the study, trained dogs were able to detect Covid in 97% of symptomatic cases and nearly 100% of asymptomatic cases.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/02/dogs-covid-19-detection-better-pcr-tests-study

•••

Dogs may be better at detecting Covid-19 than nasal PCR tests, study finds​

So, if the Covid 19 surges again, will the "virus-sniffing Fido" will be a new security feature for businesses? What a way to to screen out those pesky, germ-mongering humans? :unsure:

•••
My third MRI brain scan is Friday for the Covid-19 studies , They are still trying to push the vaccine on me after I have told them I will die before I will take the vaccine .

Friday is vvvvvvv

Antibody blood work
Brain MRI Scan

•••
When I go to the hospital to participate in Covid -19 studies , there is always a multitude of people there experiencing side effects from all three vaccines, oddly most are in their 30s and 40’s , Blood Clots being the biggest I hear, Cardiac being second .

•••
When I go to the hospital to participate in Covid -19 studies , there is always a multitude of people there experiencing side effects from all three vaccines, oddly most are in their 30s and 40’s , Blood Clots being the biggest I hear, Cardiac being second .

I hear the same thing. I am guessing you are doing this study for the money. I see ads asking people to participate in a covid study and they will pay you. Since I know it's a scam I can not participate no matter how much they pay.

•••
At least now, in the US, we have the Novavax as an alternative. This vaccine reportedly has generally had milder symptoms overall. And the benefit of the mRNA skeptics is that this is a more traditional vaccine. May be worth discussing with your health care provider.
Being skeptical can be a very good thing, for vaccines or otherwise. I'm proud of you for doing the study, even if the money may be an incentive. We need more research to figure out how to better deal with this nasty virus.

•••
At least now, in the US, we have the Novavax as an alternative. This vaccine reportedly has generally had milder symptoms overall. And the benefit of the mRNA skeptics is that this is a more traditional vaccine. May be worth discussing with your health care provider.
Being skeptical can be a very good thing, for vaccines or otherwise. I'm proud of you for doing the study, even if the money may be an incentive. We need more research to figure out how to better deal with this nasty virus.
Just to clarify, me volunteering for studies is not Money related at all , I don’t need money, I volunteered to help the cause only.

•••
My nephew-in-law (plastic surgeon) has been telling me how local hospitals are starting to stockpile pandemic related supplies again.

I hope this fall does not slam us...a lockdown might put the world economy into a freefall (considering inflation, gas prices, war, etc). I'm not going to post some of the things I'm hearing 'might' happen as I can not get confirmation on anything yet.

All I know is I have been (and will be) traveling to visit people I care about this summer (just in case BA6/BA7 prove to be monsters).

The article below is very detailed and worth a read.

New Omicron subvariant swamping the U.S. escapes immunity from vaccination and previous infections, new studies say​

The United States’ newly dominant Omicron subvariants, BA.4 and BA.5, are evading vaccine and infection-acquired immunity, scientists have found.

The subvariants recently caused a fresh wave of infections in South Africa, and are pushing the U.K. to the brink of another wave of the disease.

Researchers said their data showed that the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants “substantially escape neutralizing antibodies induced by both vaccination and infection.”

https://fortune.com/2022/06/23/new-...-vaccination-previous-infections-new-studies/

Last edited:
•••
Coronovirus situation stabilizes

•••
My nephew-in-law (plastic surgeon) has been telling me how local hospitals are starting to stockpile pandemic related supplies again.

I hope this fall does not slam us...a lockdown might put the world economy into a freefall (considering inflation, gas prices, war, etc). I'm not going to post some of the things I'm hearing 'might' happen as I can not get confirmation on anything yet.

All I know is I have been (and will be) traveling to visit people I care about this summer (just in case BA6/BA7 prove to be monsters).

The article below is very detailed and worth a read.

New Omicron subvariant swamping the U.S. escapes immunity from vaccination and previous infections, new studies say​

The United States’ newly dominant Omicron subvariants, BA.4 and BA.5, are evading vaccine and infection-acquired immunity, scientists have found.

The subvariants recently caused a fresh wave of infections in South Africa, and are pushing the U.K. to the brink of another wave of the disease.

Researchers said their data showed that the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants “substantially escape neutralizing antibodies induced by both vaccination and infection.”

https://fortune.com/2022/06/23/new-...-vaccination-previous-infections-new-studies/
It seems that the next booster in fall will target omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5

FDA recommends including omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 in fall Covid boosters​

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ariants-ba4-ba5-fall-covid-boosters-rcna36125

"The next round of Covid booster shots should be modified to target the extremely contagious omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5, the Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday.

The FDA has asked Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna to develop so-called bivalent vaccines that are designed to target the original coronavirus strain, as well as the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, Dr. Peter Marks, the FDA’s top vaccine regulator, said in a statement.

“As we move into the fall and winter, it is critical that we have safe and effective vaccine boosters that can provide protection against circulating and emerging variants to prevent the most severe consequences of Covid-19,” Marks said.

The FDA hopes the updated vaccines will be available for an anticipated October booster campaign, according to Marks.

Both Pfizer and Moderna have developed shots that target both the original coronavirus strain and BA.1. Those vaccines upped the immune response to that strain, but appeared to provide less protection against BA.4 and BA.5.

Pfizer told NBC News in a statement that it could have an updated vaccine that targets BA.4 and BA.5 ready to be distributed by the first week of October.

Moderna did not immediately respond to a request for comment, though the company has previously said it is prepared to update its vaccine as needed."

•••

UK scientists warn of urgent need for action on vaccines to head off autumn Covid wave​

Health authorities need to act urgently to prepare for an autumn that could see further waves of Covid-19 cases spreading across the UK.

That is the clear warning from scientists and doctors after last week’s figures revealed another dramatic jump in cases. More than 2 million people across Britain were found to be infected for the week ending 24 June, a rise of more than 30% on the preceding week.

And while most experts said they expected the current wave – driven by the Omicron BA4 and BA5 variants of the virus – to peak in a few weeks, they also warned that it will inevitably be followed by another wave this autumn. “Our current planning assumptions are that we will see at least one wave [of Covid] in the autumn-winter period once we have got through the current wave that we’re in right now,” said Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ion-on-vaccines-to-head-off-autumn-covid-wave

•••

How COVID Could Screw You Worse With Each Reinfection​

The more times you catch COVID, the sicker you’re likely to get with each reinfection. That’s the worrying conclusion of a new study drawing on data from the U.S. Veterans Administration.

Scientists stressed they need more data before they can say for sure whether, and why, COVID might get worse the second, third, or fourth time around. But with more and more people getting reinfected as the pandemic lurches toward its fourth year, the study hints at some of the possible long-term risks.

To get a handle on the health impact of reinfection, re-reinfection and even re-re-reinfection, three researchers—Ziyad Al-Aly from the Washington University School of Medicine plus Benjamin Bowe and Yan Xie, both from the V.A. St. Louis Health Care System—scrutinized the health records of 5.7 million American veterans.

Some 260,000 had caught COVID just once, and 40,000 had been reinfected at least one more time. The control group included 5.4 million people who never got COVID at all. Al-Aly, Bowe and Xie tracked health outcomes over a six-month period and came to a startling conclusion. “We show that, compared to people with first infection, reinfection contributes additional risks,” they wrote in their study, which hasn’t been peer-reviewed yet but is under consideration for publication in Nature.

Every time you catch COVID, your chance of getting really sick with somethinglikely COVID-related—seems to go up, Al-Aly, Bowe and Xie found. The risk of cardiovascular disorders, problems with blood-clotting, diabetes, fatigue, gastrointestinal and kidney disorders, mental health problems, musculoskeletal disorders and neurologic damage all increase with reinfection—this despite the antibodies that should result from repeat infections.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movies/covid-could-screw-worse-reinfection-084337273.html

•••

New Zealand faces new Covid wave as experts say moving on from pandemic is ‘wishful thinking’​

New Zealand is on the brink of another Omicron wave, experts warn, with average cases rising as immunity wanes, more infectious variants arrive, and winter sets in.

Public health experts, however, are concerned that the public and government are primarily focused on “moving on” from the virus, after the country transitioned out of its Covid elimination strategy – and are not taking the necessary steps to try to reduce transmission.

“There is every indication that … the pandemic is getting more intense in New Zealand,” said Prof Michael Baker, a public health expert at the University of Otago.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-moving-on-from-pandemic-is-wishful-thinking

•••
There's a possible new "variant of concern" BA.2.75 dubbed "Centaurus" by researchers.

New Omicron subvariant Centaurus could be the most immune-evasive yet, expert warns​

https://fortune.com/2022/07/06/new-...ld-health-organization-immune-evasive-expert/

"World Health Organization officials Wednesday said they're tracking a new Omicron subvariant, BA.2.75, as it rises to prominence in India, competing with the BA.5 variant currently sweeping the globe.

Dubbed Centaurus by researchers, BA.2.75 was first detected in India in early June. Along with the usual Omicron mutations, it has nine additional changes, none of which are concerning individually. "But all appearing together at once is another matter," Tom Peacock, a virologist at the Department of Infectious Diseases at Imperial College in London, said recently in a tweet.
Its "apparent rapid growth and wide geographical spread" are concerning, he added.

Aside from India, the virus has been detected in Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, according to a Tuesday statement by the University of Minnesota's Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, citing Ulrich Elling, a researcher with Australia's Institute of Molecular Biotechnology.

According to a graph tweeted by Elling, Centaurus appears to have been detected in the U.S. sometime after June 5. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention did not immediately respond to Fortune's request seeking confirmation."

•••

Holidaymakers warned of rising coronavirus cases at European destinations​

Holidaymakers heading to and from the European mainland are being warned of a growing incidence of coronavirus, especially in tourist hotspots, which risks hampering travel plans.

Health officials are calling in some cases for a reintroduction of face masks and other measures, and are urging travellers to exercise personal responsibility, warning that an escalation of the virus could lead to the swift return of restrictions.

Greece, Spain, France and Germany – as well as further-afield destinations such as the Caribbean islands, Morocco and Tunisia – are all recording significant rises in cases.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ng-coronavirus-cases-at-european-destinations

•••

Another universal coronavirus vaccine readies for human trials​

Researchers at Caltech are reporting preclinical success with a universal coronavirus vaccine. The vaccine uses mosaic nanoparticle technology to protect not only against SARS-CoV-2 but also the original SARS, and several common cold coronaviruses

“What we're trying to do is make an all-in-one vaccine protective against SARS-like betacoronaviruses regardless of which animal viruses might evolve to allow human infection and spread,” said Bjorkman. “This sort of vaccine would also protect against current and future SARS-CoV-2 variants without the need for updating."

https://newatlas.com/science/univer...ail&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-a68a9151da-90628689

•••

New long-COVID treatment developed at Tel Aviv University​

Patients with long-term COVID-19 symptoms who are exposed to hyperbaric (high-pressure oxygen) therapy (HBOT) intensive show a significant improvement in cognitive, neurological and psychiatric functions.

Following a groundbreaking new study at Tel Aviv University (TAU), the treatments were accompanied by advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) imaging of the patients’ brains, identifying damage from the COVID-19 virus and linking the images with clinical findings before and after HBOT treatment. ........

Until now, no effective therapy has been suggested, leaving many millions of sufferers around the world with no relief. The researchers said that the study “is the first randomized, controlled trial to demonstrate a real solution for long COVID. Patients exposed to an intensive protocol of HBOT treatments showed significant improvement compared to the control group. For millions suffering from long-term COVID-19 symptoms, the study provides new hope for recovery.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/me...pc=U531&cvid=b22e913bb12f40a4bbbaaa87cd9d9b5f

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back