Dynadot

Creating a Market...trend setting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
In the last 24 hours I've registered 50 domains that start with Simpli.........com, from SimpliSexy.com to SimpliDiamonds to SimpliFragrance to SimpliAmazing to SimpliVegas etc.

I did this after seeing a TV ad for an electronic security firm from Boston called SimpliSafe (see their website). This business also obviously owns the domain SimplySafe, for when you enter that name, it's forwarded to SimpliSafe.com. Others who saw the name noticed it being more unique and catchy, rather than it being misspelled.....to each his own, I guess.

The name is appraised from $0 at Estibot to $79,357.11 at Free Valuator. Regardless of these wacky appraisals, this company is very successful and you can read about them here; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimpliSafe

As an entrepreneur all my life, I know a little about creating markets and setting trends. While naysayers will use every excuse known to man to squash an idea, it's up to others to "Make Something Happen", the domain "MakeSomethingHappen".com that I registered on September 1, 2001 at Network Solutions.

Personally, I feel as though I'm really on to something here, and the one thing I do know is that it has the potential to be huge.....simpliHUGE, misspelling and all.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who thinks even a little like I do. Also, send me a PM or email if you think you can help and would like to get involved.

Bulloney
aka Rich Morris
[email protected]
cell or text 757 439-9902

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The problem is if your just register the domains and just sit on them. They are probably are not going to increase in value. You need to be highly active marketing them in the press and on social media. I think you are not starting but joining a trend. Every simpli......com I tried to register was already taken for some years already. I haven't yet come across any of the domains you haven't mentioned. But I wish you well with your endeavors. At least it's creative if you actively promote it. And finally, the misspelled Simpli- goes with so many industries, as you have demonstrated yourself. I don't really see how you can/will homogeniously promote it as a prefix. I'm not a naysayer for your project. I appreciate the idea. And I wish you well with your endeavors. Keep us informed how it goes.

Last edited:
•••
SimplyPho.com is available. :)

Pho is a Vietnamese soup, and "Simpli Pho" would make a nice name for a Vietnamese restaurant.

•••
SimplyPho.com is available. :)

Pho is a Vietnamese soup, and "Simpli Pho" would make a nice name for a Vietnamese restaurant.

Now you're talking Kuffy...until now, I felt you were sort of mocking me, but I can handle it:xf.grin: Personally I think the "Simpli Pho" is aesthetically more appealing than "Simply Pho", but for $17, I'd get both. I have about 55 Simpli domains now, and I intend to accumulate as many as 100. There are still a lot of good names left. For example I just registered...."SimpliBlessed".com. to go along with names like, SimpliSexy, SimpliVegas and SimpliH2O. Good Luck!

Bulloney:wacky:

•••
I still feel uncomfortable with "simpli", but then I guess I'm a bit conventional. Two and three word keyphrases seem to offer the potential for profit, even if the profit is not of life changing magnitude. The important thing to remember is that "ginger dog" is not the same as "dog ginger", and this seems to be missed by a lot of newcomers to domaining :)

•••
The problem is if your just register the domains and just sit on them. They are probably are not going to increase in value. You need to be highly active marketing them in the press and on social media. I think you are not starting but joining a trend. Every simpli......com I tried to register was already taken for some years already. I haven't yet come across any of the domains you haven't mentioned. But I wish you well with your endeavors. At least it's creative if you actively promote it. And finally, the misspelled Simpli- goes with so many industries, as you have demonstrated yourself. I don't really see how you can/will homogeniously promote it as a prefix. I'm not a naysayer for your project. I appreciate the idea. And I wish you well with your endeavors. Keep us informed how it goes.

Thanks Stub...you said, "Every simpli.....com I tried to register was already taken for some years already".
Just a few minutes ago I registered SimpliBlessed.com, and member Kuffy here just came up with what I would consider to be a pretty good domain, "Simpli Pho", or the name for a Vietnamese Restaurant. My point is, while I have 55 what I believe are simpli pretty good names, there are still hundreds more left, and I have at least another 50 I'm looking at.

Stub...I have plans to actively promote all my names. Note, the Simpli.....com idea isn't even a week old. I'm certainly not a tradionalist, and just because someone says to me...."this is the way it's done in this industry", I basically say Bulloney:xf.grin:. Just as an example, I own the domain names SimpliAwesome, and SimpliAmazing. There are members on this board who wouldn't own either of these names. Why? Because of the "iA" combination. And they probably wouldn't own them even with a "yA" remembering the rule "a, e i, o, u and sometimes "y". Stub, there are exceptions to every rule, and I make it my business to find them.

Finally, thanks for your input...it was thought provoking....God Bless and Happy New Year:wacky:! btw Stub, I just checked to see if "SimpliHappy".com was available, but it was gone:xf.frown:, and someone is asking $9,700 for it. However, I tried "ecstatic", and it's available along with many other "feeling" domains. Later Stub,

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••

Stubs...on this Christmas Eve I just registered the domain SimpliSanta...Ho! Ho! Ho!

•••
It's a shame that SimpliDomains.com is reg'd and parked at GD. :)

•••
Bet..u will let all 50 expire next year ..waste of money

•••
It's a shame that SimpliDomains.com is reg'd and parked at GD. :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong. But I think @Bulloney was mostly talking about emotional/feeling domains. That was my first domain I looked up :)

•••
Forgive me if I'm wrong. But I think @Bulloney was mostly talking about emotional/feeling domains. That was my first domain I looked up :)
I suspect you are correct, but in another thread, he was looking for a name for a domain sales site.

•••
Bet..u will let all 50 expire next year ..waste of money

Thanks for the encouragement:xf.grin: While at the gym this am, I ran into the CFO for a company that I'm a partner, and I was telling him about the Simpli domains that I own...to which he says, "You mean like SimpliSafe"?, i almost fell off the elliptical since this is where I got the idea to begin with. We also talked about the word "simply", and how it's perceived. Namefork....you SimpliDontUnderstand...not everyone can be as charming as I am:wacky:

Bulloney

•••
Thanks for the encouragement:xf.grin: While at the gym this am, I ran into the CFO for a company that I'm a partner, and I was telling him about the Simpli domains that I own...to which he says, "You mean like SimpliSafe"?, i almost fell off the elliptical since this is where I got the idea to begin with. We also talked about the word "simply", and how it's perceived. Namefork....you SimpliDontUnderstand...not everyone can be as charming as I am:wacky:

Bulloney
Haha no wonder u joined np Nov 2017
Meet u @ Dec 2018 ;) update me on these gems lol

•••
I'm certainly not a tradionalist, and just because someone says to me...."this is the way it's done in this industry", I basically say Bulloney:xf.grin:.

Heya @Bulloney .. as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news .. but there is absolutely nothing new here ... and there actually is a tradition of many a domainer doing the same thing ...

Please check out this @DomainSherpa Review before buying any more Simpli domains ...
https://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20151207/

Now granted Simpli is certainly 1000x better than Strkli .. but 1000 times nothing = ???

If you have a good prefix then they certainly could be worth something. Many MANY years before I started actively domaining I had a DJ / Club Music website with a prefix that I used for a few other domains. I actually made a couple mini sites with a couple of them as well as had a couple of offers (I still have 5-6 of them I think). But those were real words because it was the relatively early days (1999-2000)

The problem with domains with a prefix like this is that it has both: 1) a low likelyhood of selling .. and 2) a low potential end-user value. Either one of those factors and you certainly can have a chance of getting by ... but multiply those 2 factors together and you'll have an extremely difficult time making enough money to pay your renewals.

If you're looking for advice .. then I'd say definitely stop buying any more. If it's something you want to try out then maybe grab 5 or 10 at the absolute max. Stick to the best possible ones .. then if you get a couple of hits, work your way down your list.

What's worse is that possibly a few domains with ultra strong 2nd words like SimpliMoney or SimpliTV could have a small chance. But even those are longer shots.

I've never heard of SimpliSafe .. but it's important to note that the vast majority of startups are not marketing initially on TV where it's easier to get past deliberate misspellings because of the visual aspect of TV. I'm guessing that they are likely a company that already had money that rebranded .. or had an unusually high initial investment.

These sorts of long shots DO and WILL happen in the domain industry .. whoever sold them SimpliSafe beat the odds .. but as a buyer (particularly if you're buying a large number of similar domains), you need to have a broader vision .. see past the one-offs.

Most importantly it's important to note that "likeli" the ONLY reason they even considered the domain in the first place was because they also had the proper spelling .. otherwise it would have been a terrible branding decision.

Don't get me wrong .. you likely will get interest .. but the moment you quote a price above $500 and particularly $1000 the potential buyer will have tons of better alternatives to choose from.

Then with good portfolios making a sales rate of 1% to 5% .. and the realisation that "Simpli" domains fall in a category well below those .. you're looking at an overall loss. Again .. this number wouldn't be so low if you had just a handful of ultra great ending terms like Money, Music, TV, VR, Coins .. but I'm guessing that if you're up to 55 domains you've deluded the quality significantly.

Anyhow .. hope you prove me wrong .. because I actually just handregged one that I just mentioned .. lol .. but I'm thinking it would be best at this point not to put all your eggs in one simpli-basket! This is 2017 ... good domains are pretty scarce at handreg .. over 1 million people have registered at NamePros alone .. there are 130 million .com's registered ... by this point pretty much every prefix imaginable has been tried and tested .. and the ones that work .. most certainly will not have 55 good domains available .. this is one of the few absolutes one can count in the domain industry.

Last edited:
•••
Heya @Bulloney .. as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news .. but there is absolutely nothing new here ... and there actually is a tradition of many a domainer doing the same thing ...

Please check out this @DomainSherpa Review before buying any more Simpli domains ...

Now granted Simpli is certainly 1000x better than Strkli .. but 1000 times nothing = ???

If you have a good prefix then they certainly could be worth something. Many MANY years before I started actively domaining I had a DJ / Club Music website with a prefix that I used for a few other domains. I actually made a couple mini sites with a couple of them as well as had a couple of offers (I still have 5-6 of them I think). But those were real words because it was the relatively early days (1999-2000)

The problem with domains with a prefix like this is that it has both: 1) a low likelyhood of selling .. and 2) a low potential end-user value. Either one of those factors and you certainly can have a chance of getting by ... but multiply those 2 factors together and you'll have an extremely difficult time making enough money to pay your renewals.

If you're looking for advice .. then I'd say definitely stop buying any more. If it's something you want to try out then maybe grab 5 or 10 at the absolute max. Stick to the best possible ones .. then if you get a couple of hits, work your way down your list.

What's worse is that possibly a few domains with ultra strong 2nd words like SimpliMoney or SimpliTV could have a small chance. But even those are longer shots.

I've never heard of SimpliSafe .. but it's important to note that the vast majority of startups are not marketing initially on TV where it's easier to get past deliberate misspellings because of the visual aspect of TV. I'm guessing that they are likely a company that already had money that rebranded .. or had an unusually high initial investment.

These sorts of long shots DO and WILL happen in the domain industry .. whoever sold them SimpliSafe beat the odds .. but as a buyer (particularly if you're buying a large number of similar domains), you need to have a broader vision .. see past the one-offs.

Most importantly it's important to note that "likeli" the ONLY reason they even considered the domain in the first place was because they also had the proper spelling .. otherwise it would have been a terrible branding decision.

Don't get me wrong .. you likely will get interest .. but the moment you quote a price above $500 and particularly $1000 the potential buyer will have tons of better alternatives to choose from.

Then with good portfolios making a sales rate of 1% to 5% .. and the realisation that "Simpli" domains fall in a category well below those .. you're looking at an overall loss. Again .. this number wouldn't be so low if you had just a handful of ultra great ending terms like Money, Music, TV, VR, Coins .. but I'm guessing that if you're up to 55 domains you've deluded the quality significantly.

Anyhow .. hope you prove me wrong .. because I actually just handregged one that I just mentioned .. lol .. but I'm thinking it would be best at this point not to put all your eggs in one simpli-basket! This is 2017 ... good domains are pretty scarce at handreg .. over 1 million people have registered at NamePros alone .. there are 130 million .com's registered ... by this point pretty much every prefix imaginable has been tried and tested .. and the ones that work .. most certainly will not have 55 good domains available .. this is one of the few absolutes one can count in the domain industry.[/Q

Anyhow .. hope you prove me wrong .. because I actually just handregged one that I just mentioned .. lol .. but I'm thinking it would be best at this point not to put all your eggs in one simpli-basket! This is 2017 ... good domains are pretty scarce at handreg .. over 1 million people have registered at NamePros alone .. there are 130 million .com's registered ... by this point pretty much every prefix imaginable has been tried and tested .. and the ones that work .. most certainly will not have 55 good domains available .. this is one of the few absolutes one can count in the domain industry.

Thanks Ateguy...I just went back and re-read our initial conversation from about a month ago. To refresh your memory, the Simpli domain prefix is just one of three area's where I've carved out a niche in this industry. You mentioned to me you hadn't heard of Rob Monster at Epik, and you'd never heard of SimpliSafe? I think it's because of my inquisitive nature and my entrepreneurial obsession that I see things differently than most. With regards to "naming" businesses, I've named over 20 businesses in my lifetime. Speaking of inquisitive nature, one of the businesses I owned was called Inquisitor Investigations. According to Blacks Law Dictionary here is the definition of Inquisitor; "A designation of sheriffs, coroners super visum corporis, and the like, who have power to inquire into certain matters" When I saw that, I thought WOW!, what a perfect name for a PI firm. My brother-n-law, a lawyer, and I owned that business for about 20 years, but closed it when a niche we were serving for major banks disappeared. However, I still own the domain InquisitorInvestigations.com, and that along with a couple of other similar industry names I own, have pretty decent potential imho. The problem is, the industry isn't coming to me for these names, I need to go to it via email marketing etc.

So getting back to Rob Monster (what a name), I'm moving about 500 domains that I've registered at GD to Epik because of Rob, who I met via Linkedin. Rob is a well recognized industry leader, and I feel blessed that he's taken a liking to me. While I haven't partnered with Rob, I'm still seeking a high level partner who can compliment my strengths and make up for my weaknesses. Moving on to SimpliSafe, I'm not sure if they're in Canada, but they've simpli become one of the fastest growing security businesses in the US. It's been just 10 days ago that I saw one of their adds on CNN, and later on another network. Another poster here on NamePros saw the same add, and said he intended to look into the Simpli prefix for domains, but he simpli forgot. Ateguy, SimpliSafe was started by two Harvard Grads (husband and wife) in 2010, and it does over 100M in revs today with over one million customers. The wife Eleanor is no longer with the company as she's become the CFO for Boston Public Schools. Since learning all this just 10 days ago I've already reached out via Linkedin to both Chad and Eleanor to see if they may want to work with me in some capacity to help make the Simpli niche a profitable success. Ateguy, who better to partner with than a couple of highly successful Harvard grads?

Finally, you may recall I'm developing an online business called "FirstCarMemories" because of the niche I've discovered with regards to virtually everyone in the worlds first car. btw, I own a bunch of other FirstMemory domains like FirstDate, FirstJob....oh, and then there's "Best" and "Favorite" memories as well. Ateguy, short of sounding arrogant, but I like to think of it as charming:xf.grin:, My Mantra is "Make Something Happen" which has also been my email address since I registered the name September 1, 2001 with Network Solutions.

Thanks again Ateguy, you weren't the "bearer of bad news"....to the contrary, you only confirmed that my non traditional approach might just work. Good Luck to you and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Bulloney

•••
The idea of using a prefix like "simpli" for a site is reasonable, but it's strength lies in its scarcity in my opinion. Rather than registering an extra 50 of the names, I think it would have been better to take the strongest of the two, and use the money to brand the sites. That would possibly give you a better chance of making a profit and earning revenue, than attempting to sell the also-ran names.

On the point of " simpli safe", I picked up BecomeSafe.com for reg fee 30 days ago, that could be a better name for a startup security firm in my opinion.

•••
Thanks again Ateguy, you weren't the "bearer of bad news"....to the contrary, you only confirmed that my non traditional approach might just work.

First of all .. who's this Ateguy guy you keep talking about? Now it makes more sense why you like typo domains! lol

Anyhow .. I'm guessing you missed most of my last post above that actually points to your approach being non-non-traditional .. lol .. meaning that it is a pattern repeated many many times by new domainers. What you're doing is NOT unique in any way. I'm willing to bet the majority domainers who can initially afford multiple domains when they start go through the exact same "trend" phase. Check out the Sherpa review I linked above:

Also keep in mind that the more you need to explain your domains .. the less likely people are to come to them naturally.

As for Rob Monster taking a liking to you ... I'm thinking anybody at any registrar is going to like you if you're bringing 500 domains to them. The only tangible takeaway I got from all that is that he didn't partner with you.

Seriously .. *IF* he's advising you to prematurely pay an extra year of registration to transfer these domains to his registrar then you can quote me as saying that is the absolute WORST advice I've ever heard coming from a supposedly professional investor (my guess is that he likely didn't use those exact words though). You've just registered these very unproven domains .. at the very least take the rest of the year cost free to test and assess their value before doubling your costs by transferring them before you need to.

Also remember that if you build out a domain into a great site .. then it can certainly have value .. but don't mistaken that value to the domain .. in those cases the value is in the content and possibly the platform.

Note that the only reason I'm saying this with some confidence is because I've been there. Although my original names (around 2000) were/are still rather good .. since then I had gone through a couple of phases where I bought what I thought were a fantastic "trend set" of brands for build-out .. but like most .. never got around to developing them .. and since learning more about domaining, realised some didn't even have much value to begin with (didn't matter to me at the time since I wasn't holding them with the intent of reselling).

I've learned the hard way (even before I was really a "domainer") that the biggest mistake you can ever make as a domainer is applying too active an imagination to domains. Applying a bit of imagination to domain creation is great if you're able to reg or mine great domains that people "get" .. but when you go so far that nobody gets the domains without a lengthy sales pitch then chances are you've chosen domains with a very limited pool of potential end users.

I'm not saying don't try out some of your ideas .. but buying 55 of a very specific typo sub-genre of domains is putting the carriage before the horse.

You need to ask yourself are you a domainer .. or a developer?

If you're a developer with the intend of investing time and/or money into building out these domains .. then you ARE the end user .. and the quality of your domains doesn't matter at all when it comes to needing higher reselling chances. There are plenty of fantastic websites built on absolute garbage domains that would never sell in a million years if not for the existing content and/or traffic/links etc.

If you're a domainer .. then you need to filter out the longshot buildout dreams .. and focus on getting good domains with wider pools of potential buyers. Because sure it's great that a company is using "Simpli" .. but what is the ratio of companies using "Simpli" vs those using "Simply" .. that is the real question you need to ask yourself .. considering they also have SimplySafe that actually takes that ratio up well beyond any domainer comfort zone. Ask yourself if you think they ever would have even considered branding with Simpli if they didn't have the Simply version?

Anyhow .. don't want to rain on your parade any more .. lol .. as I said .. I think some of them could potentially find a home if on sale for cheap .. I even just grabbed one for the fun of it ... lol .. but I just don't think grabbing 55 of them is a good domainer decision before confirming there's an actual market for them.

Last edited:
•••
First of all .. who's this Ateguy guy you keep talking about? Now it makes more sense why you like typo domains! lol

Anyhow .. I'm guessing you missed most of my last post above that actually points to your approach being non-non-traditional .. lol .. meaning that it is a pattern repeated many many times by new domainers. What you're doing is NOT unique in any way. I'm willing to bet the majority domainers who can initially afford multiple domains when they start go through the exact same "trend" phase. Check out the Sherpa review I linked above:

Also keep in mind that the more you need to explain your domains .. the less likely people are to come to them naturally.

As for Rob Monster taking a liking to you ... I'm thinking anybody at any registrar is going to like you if you're bringing 500 domains to them. The only tangible takeaway I got from all that is that he didn't partner with you.

Seriously .. *IF* he's advising you to prematurely pay an extra year of registration to transfer these domains to his registrar then you can quote me as saying that is the absolute WORST advice I've ever heard coming from a supposedly professional investor (my guess is that he likely didn't use those exact words though). You've just registered these very unproven domains .. at the very least take the rest of the year cost free to test and assess their value before doubling your costs by transferring them before you need to.

Also remember that if you build out a domain into a great site .. then it can certainly have value .. but don't mistaken that value to the domain .. in those cases the value is in the content and possibly the platform.

Note that the only reason I'm saying this with some confidence is because I've been there. Although my original names (around 2000) were/are still rather good .. since then I had gone through a couple of phases where I bought what I thought were a fantastic "trend set" of brands for build-out .. but like most .. never got around to developing them .. and since learning more about domaining, realised some didn't even have much value to begin with (didn't matter to me at the time since I wasn't holding them with the intent of reselling).

I've learned the hard way (even before I was really a "domainer") that the biggest mistake you can ever make as a domainer is applying too active an imagination to domains. Applying a bit of imagination to domain creation is great if you're able to reg or mine great domains that people "get" .. but when you go so far that nobody gets the domains without a lengthy sales pitch then chances are you've chosen domains with a very limited pool of potential end users.

I'm not saying don't try out some of your ideas .. but buying 55 of a very specific typo sub-genre of domains is putting the carriage before the horse.

You need to ask yourself are you a domainer .. or a developer?

If you're a developer with the intend of investing time and/or money into building out these domains .. then you ARE the end user .. and the quality of your domains doesn't matter at all when it comes to needing higher reselling chances. There are plenty of fantastic websites built on absolute garbage domains that would never sell in a million years if not for the existing content and/or traffic/links etc.

If you're a domainer .. then you need to filter out the longshot buildout dreams .. and focus on getting good domains with wider pools of potential buyers. Because sure it's great that a company is using "Simpli" .. but what is the ratio of companies using "Simpli" vs those using "Simply" .. that is the real question you need to ask yourself .. considering they also have SimplySafe that actually takes that ratio up well beyond any domainer comfort zone. Ask yourself if you think they ever would have even considered branding with Simpli if they didn't have the Simply version?

Anyhow .. don't want to rain on your parade any more .. lol .. as I said .. I think some of them could potentially find a home if on sale for cheap .. I even just grabbed one for the fun of it ... lol .. but I just don't think grabbing 55 of them is a good domainer decision before confirming there's an actual market for them.

•••

I guess I'm neither a domainer or a developer:xf.grin: I'm simpli a business and marketing guy who see's opportunity and seizes it. This business of buying just one or two simpli domains just isn't in my repertoire. I'm not a real rich guy, but having been a risk taker and investor all my life, to purchase a portfolio of domains that represents Trillions....Not Billions of $$$ in annual revenues is a way for me to corner the market so to speak. And do you see the "average" domainer or developer seeking a partnership with the likes of the two Harvard Grads who started SimpliSafe. Is this something you would do? Do you even know why I might do this?

btw, so what if my 500 names roll over while I've spent the year collecting them, playing golf, traveling, working a little specialty tax business I started and have owned since 1987, and created a business plan/model for FirstCarMemories throughout 2017. What are we looking at if I don't sell a single domain?
$4,250?....a loss that I can deduct from my taxes.

Whether you realize it or not, real success in any business is mostly about common sense, hard work, and most important relationships. I'd suggest you read all three books Daymond John of Shark Tank and FUBU fame wrote, "Display Of Power", "The Brand Within" and "The Power of Broke"

Ategy:xf.grin:, it sounds to me like you're trying to do this all by yourself, and I know for me, that spells the Kiss of Death. This is my story and I'm sticking to it....it's worked for me in the past, and if past performance is an indicator of future success, I'm betting on moi...the DomainDrunk:wacky:

Bulloney

•••
Bulloney I do think you have genuinely missed the good intentions of many of the older and experienced domainers on this board. I'm similar age to yourself (I'm 62) and thankfully retired since I was 50 but not all down to domains. You mention certain business acumens that you seem to think we aren't aware of. I to have been in marketing for Thorn EMI and then ran the Distribution network for the South of England (I'm a far better organiser of others than myself).

Actually a little story to include here about the importance of relationships, I was once called into head office and told in No uncertain terms that I was "Empire Building" and becoming far to powerful for the good of the Company. Being in my early/mid 30's at the time I didn't have a clue what I was being accused of, I had the best performance records of all the Distribution networks including costs per delivery, Staff performance, You name-it later in life I of course realised all my contracts with suppliers and Managers was built strongly on a Business minded but nether-the-less personal relationships, and of course the penny dropped,

just a reminder though . I don't think I've ever come across a successful domainer that hasn't wished just as well for others. but, like anyone that's been around domains for a hell of a long time we all try to get others to avoid the pitfalls that we made ourselves - I agree sometimes the wording can read of arrogance and a know-all mentality. That's the trouble with the written word, It loses too much in interpretation at times. All the best, yep I have stayed away from commenting on your posts but hey I thought why not

Last edited:
•••
Bulloney I do think you have genuinely missed the good intentions of many of the older and experienced domainers on this board. I'm similar age to yourself (I'm 62) and thankfully retired since I was 50 but not all down to domains. You mention certain business acumens that you seem to think we aren't aware of. I to have been in marketing for Thorn EMI and then ran the Distribution network for the South of England (I'm a far better organiser of others than myself).

Actually a little story to include here about the importance of relationships, I was once called into head office and told in No uncertain terms that I was "Empire Building" and becoming far to powerful for the good of the Company. Being in my early/mid 30's at the time I didn't have a clue what I was being accused of, I had the best performance records of all the Distribution networks including costs per delivery, Staff performance, You name-it later in life I of course realised all my contracts with suppliers and Managers was built strongly on a Business minded but nether-the-less personal relationships, and of course the penny dropped,

just a reminder though . I don't think I've ever come across a successful domainer that hasn't wished just as well for others. but, like anyone that's been around domains for a hell of a long time we all try to get others to avoid the pitfalls that we made ourselves - I agree sometimes the wording can read of arrogance and a know-all mentality. That's the trouble with the written word, It loses too much in interpretation at times. All the best, yep I have stayed away from commenting on your posts but hey I thought why not

Thanks Bailey...you're the voice of reason. Notice I didn't say "simpli the voice of reason" However, right after Ategy's post I did register the domain, SimpliRelax, and after your post I registered SimpliParadise.
Why? Defience? Contrarian? Entrepreneur? Maybe a little of all three. One thing I can assure you is I won't spend much time thinking about it because my time is worth a slight bit more than the $17 it cost me to register those two names. Bailey, my wife and I have "relaxed" at more than one resort that that has the word "paradise" in it. In the Bahama's we've stayed on Paradise Island no less than a half dozen times. That's where Atlantis is now, but before it became Atlantis we stayed at the Paradise Island Resort Hotel. I haven't googled paradise yet, but aren't the Bahama's part of the UK?

Bailey...once I saw the prefix Simpli in print for SimpliSafe, and Simplii Financial in print with the way the two ii's were presented, I just knew this prefix had all sorts of potential. At seventy (where I feel like 70 is the new 55) I know I don't have the kind of time I use to have to fiddle fart around with just one or two domains. I'm not a domainer and it appears I never will be. You know whats funny...every time I key the word domainer here on NamePros it's underlined in red, and I know why? It's just more proof as to how screwed up this industry really is. No wonder there's so little money to be made doing it the traditional domainer way.

Regardless of our differences...I hope you and all my ancestors (you being one) who journeyed across the Ocean in 1692 have a Happy New Year! btw, from my office I'm looking across the creek here in Virginia where our families first settled....it's called First Landing State Park.

God Bless the Brits:xf.smile:

Bulloney

•••
now we are in 2019
SimpliDropped?
:xf.grin:

•••
•••
Back