IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who is this seller? This one hv listed most of my domains on Dan?
"Domain seller" is a sort of default handle that is being used by plenty of different sellers who don't want to bring any sort of personality into their listings.

•••
"Domain seller" is a sort of default handle that is being used by plenty of different sellers who don't want to bring any sort of personality into their listings.
😕

Last edited:
•••
Good morning,

It often happens that sellers neglect to remove or delete domain names when they lose ownership as they tend to use various different platforms. When this does happen you can either decide to contact our support and let them handle it or to add a ownership verification record (found in your general settings) before performing a bulk import.

Have a nice week ahead.

•••
Good morning,

It often happens that sellers neglect to remove or delete domain names when they lose ownership as they tend to use various different platforms. When this does happen you can either decide to contact our support and let them handle it or to add a ownership verification record (found in your general settings) before performing a bulk import.

Have a nice week ahead.
These are all hand reg domains and I have owned these domains all along. Please investigate in this matter. I only could upload the ones I recently hand-registered. Thx

Last edited:
•••
Is that you who has it listed on sedo? @NYK
My estimate is 1 million unauthorized listings
Stop saying these are mistakes. There are people listing massive number of domains on your platform that are unauthorized.
This guy had 200,000 names in his portfolio when i brought to your attention 26 weeks ago he had names that were not registered.
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...2-0d86f5e316c3?&results=50&order_by=relevance
First name on that list is ughby not registered, added during drop, is my guess. I cant see add date. Second asveg, says repossessed by godaddy. Check out all his unregistered listings. There are many others. Or same guy different aliases like family. Sorry to rain on your 2.0 parade but some people are taking advantage of your “ oh the previous seller must have forgot to remove it” approach.
And fact you dont check a box to confirm you are owner or authorized to list name when adding
So technically there not breaking the rules as they never agreed to any rules.

•••
Is that you who has it listed on sedo? @NYK
My estimate is 1 million unauthorized listings
Stop saying these are mistakes. There are people listing massive number of domains on your platform that are unauthorized.
This guy had 200,000 names in his portfolio when i brought to your attention 26 weeks ago he had names that were not registered.
https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...2-0d86f5e316c3?&results=50&order_by=relevance
First name on that list is ughby not registered, added during drop, is my guess. I cant see add date. Second asveg, says repossessed by godaddy. Check out all his unregistered listings. There are many others. Or same guy different aliases like family. Sorry to rain on your 2.0 parade but some people are taking advantage of your “ oh the previous seller must have forgot to remove it” approach.
And fact you dont check a box to confirm you are owner or authorized to list name when adding
So technically there not breaking the rules as they never agreed to any rules.
Yes! All my domains are listed on both Sedo & Afternic (with Sedo lander). And I’d just starting moving some of my (com) domains onto Dan (with Dan’s lander) and I was surprised to discover most of them are already listed. I could only upload my recently registered domains successfully. i was gonna put an offer one of my domains that was already listed and see what will happen. I might do it later ;)

•••
Please investigate in this matter.

Yes, @LaszloSchenk , @NYK is right. This issue needs to be investigated.

There are legitimate cases of previous owners forgetting to delist domains from the marketplace… There are also many cases of domains with no previous owners being listed on DAN by fishy sellers. I’ve experienced and reported this a few times this year.

•••
Why are so many of “MY” domains already listed on your platform by unauthorised seller?
DAN knowingly elected not to enforce dns/txt verification on domains without ownership conflicts. Folks are actively abusing this loophole. Have a domain (most frequently with BIN) listed elsewhere? It will appear on DAN, earlier or later, with makeoffer in most cases. All are "happy". Dan will possibly earn a commisson, should the fraudster receive an offer (via dan .com directly or via their sales partners), and should a fraudster be able purchase it (cheaper) from you. As a side effect, your potential buyers may be in fact forced to deal with a fraudster instead.
BTW, afternic is also abused this way. If you did not list the domains in question @ afternic - check the domains there, you'll be (unpleasantly) surprised :(

Last edited:
•••
I found an account with 200,000 domains and 0 sales

•••
Fun fact of the day: the Description field (Seller's notes) may contain a maximum of 1,800 characters.

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. As indicated several times before, we are continuously monitoring these accounts. We do not tolerate the listings of domain names users do not own. There is no benefit in it for them to list these domain names as they cannot sell them in the first place. That being said, if it does happen that users add these domain names and our investigations are concluded, their access to the platform will get revoked indefinitely.

@NYK, could you please contact our support regarding your failed listings and have our team investigate the matter?

•••
•••
•••
•••
@DAN.COM Any chance of getting the "View Site" icon back? The one that took us directly to the domain name? I really miss that little feature.

•••
@DAN.COM Any chance of getting the "View Site" icon back? The one that took us directly to the domain name? I really miss that little feature.
Thanks. Excellent suggestion that was mentioned here before.

I'd also like to see a direct link in the Domain Portfolio overview to http://{domain.com}/ (with possible redirects that follow). Note that this link is not identical to the Preview link (https://dan.com/buy-domain/{domain.com}) as is now present in the domain details view.

Last edited:
•••
I've not used the "Make Offer" option anywhere for years, but I'm thinking of testing it on DAN due to the slowing in sales lately. Can you give us the option to set the Minimum Offer as a percentage of the Fixed Price?

•••
Good morning @Dane,

Thank you for checking in with us.

Do you refer to the icon right behind the domain name in your portfolio?

•••
Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk Yes. The tiny little square (with an arrow) icon.
Good morning Dane,

Thank you for your confirmation.

I have relayed your request to our product team and will have them incorporate this into their planning.

Have a great weekend.

•••
Can you give us the option to set the Minimum Offer as a percentage of the Fixed Price?
Great suggestion - I hope they will consider it

•••
@LaszloSchenk

I love the option to add domains to their own category. Thanks for adding.

I usually pull all my domains listed at Dan by using the API to store a JSON file locally and cross-reference. Currently it only returns id, domain, bin and min. offer.

Do you think you guys can add the category to that?

•••
@LaszloSchenk

I love the option to add domains to their own category. Thanks for adding.

I usually pull all my domains listed at Dan by using the API to store a JSON file locally and cross-reference. Currently it only returns id, domain, bin and min. offer.

Do you think you guys can add the category to that?
Hi @branding,

Thank you for the great response! We are glad it is something to your liking.

I will relay this request to our product team as well.

Have a nice day!

•••
Good afternoon everyone,

A quick update right before the weekend.

Many of you requested this before, and we are happy to let you know that a new change has been implemented today. You, as a seller can decide to show/hide the minimum starting offer from here on out. It is optional to decide if the exact minimum starting offer will be displayed or not in case a buyer tries to submit a too low offer.

The message will either say:
- Your offer does not meet the minimum starting offer requirements set by the domain seller
- Domain seller only takes offers into consideration from $100 and above.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

•••
Show / Hide minimum offer is under Settings > For Sale Page (Right under the Selling Options)
1653052734923.png

This is how it looks with option turned off:
1653052611151.png

With the option turned on:
1653052665278.png

Edit: @DAN.COM
Would like to see this setting under individual domains.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back