IT.COM

Dan.com Traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was wondering, do names listed on Dan.com get traffic from inside their marketplace? With 16 million names on their marketplace, I'd assume (I don't know) that you are extremely unlikely to have your name discovered during search. I'm guessing that nearly 100% of the traffic we receive is type-in. Do you guys have a different experience? But if this is the case, is it worth paying 9% for the landing page / their service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was wondering, do names listed on Dan.com get traffic from inside their marketplace? With 16 million names on their marketplace, I'd assume (I don't know) that you are extremely unlikely to have your name discovered during search. I'm guessing that nearly 100% of the traffic we receive is type-in. Do you guys have a different experience? But if this is the case, is it worth paying 9% for the landing page / their service?
From my personal experience, I have received a couple of offers through Dan.com's search, but I'd lean more towards that was more luck than by design since those offers came when I wasn't actively using their landing pages. Otherwise, it's going to be mostly type-in traffic. Hopefully that'll change more as they expand their Open Domain Distribution Network to more partners, but that will take some time.

I think the 9% is worth it if you don't want to create your own landing pages from scratch, need a easy-to-use CRM, and want a buyer to have an easy experience to get your name. It's even better if you submit your own leads/transactions to them for 5% instead if you already have a good setup to collect your own leads. If you're worried about the commission, just factor it in to what you are willing to sell your domain name for. The negatives I'd say about hosting on their landing pages is you may have to filter some bots if you are going to use Google Analytics.

Last edited:
•••
From my personal experience, I have received a couple of offers through Dan.com's search, but I'd lean more towards that was more luck than by design since those offers came when I wasn't actively using their landing pages. Otherwise, it's going to be mostly type-in traffic. Hopefully that'll change more as they expand their Open Domain Distribution Network to more partners, but that will take some time.

I think the 9% is worth it if you don't want to create your own landing pages from scratch, need a easy-to-use CRM, and want a buyer to have an easy experience to get your name. It's even better if you submit your own leads/transactions to them for 5% instead if you already have a good setup to collect your own leads. If you're worried about the commission, just factor it in to what you are willing to sell your domain name for. The negatives I'd say about hosting on their landing pages is you may have to filter some bots if you are going to use Google Analytics.
Don't get me started on bot traffic lol, 80% of my traffic comes from the same 3 cities every day. Well I assume they are bots anyway. Ashburn, Columbus, Boardman. Anyone else get tons of traffic from these 3 cities ?

•••
Don't get me started on bot traffic lol, 80% of my traffic comes from the same 3 cities every day. Well I assume they are bots anyway. Ashburn, Columbus, Boardman. Anyone else get tons of traffic from these 3 cities ?

Yeah, some CDNs and web hosting services do a lot of data housing or at least to my knowledge based off of Cloudflare and Amazon Cloudfront. Most likely you'll need to filter out that data through your GA.

•••
Yes it is 80% bot traffic

•••
Fncking Boardman. I think that hole city is just one big bot farm. LOL.

•••
Back