IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like the expedited transfers are available now.

•••
I went to epik, landers. Nowhere does it say epik accepts paypal. I dont doubt your sources, social media is always bhang on, can you show me on an epik page or lander the paypal logo?
I just did a random search for word canna. Its not there ex.
https://www.epik.com/buy/cannaspreadz.com
Funny it was priced then it goes to backorder page

•••
Anyways trying to do an edit wont even work. Dump.
Correction, i found it on a lander. Thanks. And thanks namepros for making an edit difficult. Hurtin for certain

•••
Hello!
Looks like the expedited transfers are available now.
It is possible to approve transfers within your account like it previously was, as long as a form of 2-Factor Authentication is enabled, either inside Epik's or FederatedIdentity's account.
I went to epik, landers. Nowhere does it say epik accepts paypal. I dont doubt your sources, social media is always bhang on, can you show me on an epik page or lander the paypal logo?
I just did a random search for word canna. Its not there ex.
https://www.epik.com/buy/cannaspreadz.com
Funny it was priced then it goes to backorder page
I can confirm we do accept PayPal for both domain Registrations, Renewals, Transfers, MP, NL & Escrow sale, Hosting, SSL, etc.

As this is quite recent, we'll be looking forward for some cosmetic updates including making sure the respective payment logos on the parking pages are updated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
EPIK MARKETPLACE BUG
Under account > marketplace offers

I click a thread link (domain or NEW/PENDING/.. etc as text of the link),
I'm shown a blank, I mean contentless page.

EDIT: It is not a contentless page, BUT real content is at the top and we are shown the bottom part of Epik page. So this is like, you meet someone and instead of looking at his face, you look at his shoes, and try to get info out of those shoes. And you don't know someone wearing those shoes.

Maybe if I try several times it may work,
but sometimes it doesn't.
Very annoying.
Not a big problem me, maybe, except wasting time.
But endusers would give up quickly.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Fixed

Last edited:
•••
@topdom Just following up here to confirm this has been fixed - global search is now done by default in the appropriate /search path - https://www.epik.com/buy/search

Thank you for the report!

I said fixed, but looks like it might be back. I'm not sure exactly when it fails to work correctly.
Yesterday once it didn't work correctly, I had to choose "Epik marketplace" from the menu, otherwise
only MLS listings are shown by default.

Today it worked correctly when JS is on, didn't work correctly (meaning the bug is there) when JS is off.
Also when JS is off I can't see the menu (sometimes?). Anyway, endusers wouldn't use the menu at all.
They would assume things were done correctly already.

Also, looks like an Epik staff was seeing bugged version on his side a few weeks ago.

The default should be "ALL", not "mls or epik marketplace only", when js is on and when js is off.

•••
Is it possible to predict the date when an Epik domain will be deleted?

Domain expired 13 March, it shows redemption status, last update was 24 April.

I thought it would have already been deleted, given the 15 day grace period (?) 30 day redemption and a further 5 for deletion to run. Does the update date of 24 Apr suggest the date redemption began and it will be 30 days plus 5 from this date instead?

•••
Update to above: if you list your domain at epik and go to marketplace.epik.com , and search for your domain, your domain won't be shown in search reults. Bad thing: endusers won't see it either. You have to choose epik marketplace (what) from the menu, and type and search again. (I mean, being logged in or not, enanbling or disabling JS, doesn't seem to matter, it fails always).

This is like, making a joke, and then describing in detail , why it is funny, and why you are supposed to laugh.
I mean, it should be obvious. If I go to epik marketplace, why should I also choose it from the menu.
an oxymoron situation.
Answer to question above: I think, last update would be the day redemption starts, and after 35 days the domain drops. For 30 days it can be recovered for high renewal price.
I suspect registrars or registries can make offer on your redemption domains without intention to buy.

•••
Thank you for your reply. I thought the grace period was 15 days and possibly extended to 30 days, so still those dates don’t make any sense.

It’s actually my domain but I have lost access and I want to get it back as soon as it expires.

•••
•••
Hello,

I have an inquiry on Epik contact owner form page. I kinda like the flexibility that this template offers and decided to give it a try.

But what i want to highlight was, recently I got two inquiries in a space of two days via the contact form but one thing odd is, that both submitted all their info BUT their message info is BLANK.

This makes me think of two possibilities;
1. Both leads are bots/fake (which is impossible as they provided their `name, email and contact number) OR
2. There are bugs that somehow make the message didn't pass through.

As a suggestion:
1. Can we have the option to turn on or off for the message to be a mandatory field?
epik lander.png

I think @topdom also facing the same issue based on his recent thread.

Perhaps @ncabete can give your view on this too.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

I have an inquiry on Epik contact owner form page. I kinda like the flexibility that this template offers and decided to give it a try.

But what i want to highlight was, recently I got two inquiries in a space of two days via the contact form but one thing odd is, that both submitted all their info BUT their message info is BLANK.

1. Both leads are bots/fake (which is impossible as they provided their `name, email and contact number) OR

As a suggestion:
1. Can we have the option to turn on or off for the message to be a mandatory field?
Show attachment 216197

Yes, the free offers i have received through Epik have been like this too - no message and the offer was for $0. i don't know why it occurs but it seems crazy that it's even possible for it to happen. I replied and asked if the person wanted to make an offer and there was no response. All just a big waste of time.

•••
Hello,

As a suggestion:
Show attachment 216197

Hello @domainchampion!

We should have an update rolled out towards a similar direction soon. At the same time, our engineering team is also conducting an investigation to find out what happened with the offers that were submitted with an empty message, and albeit our initial investigation has shown that offers submitted with an empty message are quite residual and were de facto submitted without any message being written by the interested party, we're still reviewing as we want to make sure we did not miss anything.

I'll update this thread here once a) the deployment is rolled out, b) the investigation has been finished.

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited:
•••
Hello @domainchampion!

We should have an update rolled out towards a similar direction soon. At the same time, our engineering team is also conducting an investigation to find out what happened with the offers that were submitted with an empty message, and albeit our initial investigation has shown that offers submitted with an empty message are quite residual and were de facto submitted without any message being written by the interested party, we're still reviewing as we want to make sure we did not miss anything.

I'll update this thread here once a) the deployment is rolled out, b) the investigation has been finished.

Thank you for your feedback!
One more feedback before i forgot. I think there should also be a confirmation says that the message has been succesfully sent.

At the moment, there isnt any. When i did a testing i was surprised and confused whether the msg has been sent or not. I think its quite critical to have this asap to set a minimum standard. Otherwise, a potential client will have a second thought. Thanks @ncabete

•••
The stupid dot in the price field needs to go away:
Ad8DccR.gif

It should be something optional, not a permanent placeholder which gets in the way of typing.

The domain casing setting needs to be on the same window where you list the domain for sale. Why is it in a completely different window that you have to access separately?

The same for the default currency. Not only the way to get to this setting is incredibly long, even after you reach the goal the selection of the desired currency in the end is extremely painful – have to look through the whole list finding your desired currency....without being able to get it via autosuggestions by typing....every single time.
cgW4Wbq.png

Also, it would be nice to have options for syndication to the most popular marketplaces, like the one offered by Alter. I believe a few years ago Epik used to syndicate to Dan, but looks like not anymore? Separate ones for Dan, Sedo and Afternic.

•••
Trying to withdraw proceeds of a sale that was completed more than 10 days ago. Still shows as pending. Account verified and everything. Each time I message support they give me the usual "withdrawals are processed on a first come first serve basis from Monday to Friday". They said it should take 48 hrs when an account is verified and here I am begging them to release my funds. No bank is involved since it is a crypto withdrawal so they cannot blame it on anyone but themselves. It was a legit sale after being contacted by an Epik broker. Negotiated with buyer and lowered the price and domain was sold in less than an hour. This is ridiculous. Buyer did their part, I did my part multiple times, yet Epik still wants to hold the withdrawal.

•••
Trying to withdraw proceeds of a sale that was completed more than 10 days ago. Still shows as pending. Account verified and everything. Each time I message support they give me the usual "withdrawals are processed on a first come first serve basis from Monday to Friday". They said it should take 48 hrs when an account is verified and here I am begging them to release my funds. No bank is involved since it is a crypto withdrawal so they cannot blame it on anyone but themselves. It was a legit sale after being contacted by an Epik broker. Negotiated with buyer and lowered the price and domain was sold in less than an hour. This is ridiculous. Buyer did their part, I did my part multiple times, yet Epik still wants to hold the withdrawal.
This is extremely worrying to hear. I'm changing to Epik landers for half of my domains to try out Epik Escrow and if the withdrawal process takes this long, I might have to reconsider.

Rob specifically says that BTC transactions for established and verified accounts are cleared within minutes or hours! However, this might differ for other alt coins.

But still 10 days of withdrawal is too long! The price difference in Crypto is another issue too.

•••
Another thing: the whole chat team seems to have changed. Maybe Epik was sold and we don't know it yet.
(unrelated to Epik): Someone's website was down, and she claimed, it was an attack at Icann level. Can this be ever possible? We are in a war (not between countries), and the enemy has few tools left (and not the most powerful ones).

•••

This is paid out now.

The issues here:

1. New buyer

2. Buyer paid with credit card

3. Seller cashed out as crypto.

4. Initial ID verification failed.

5. Seller with small account

6. No indication from account notes that this account is associated with an established NamePros user.

The good news is that you got a lot more ETH.

•••
This is paid out now.

The issues here:

1. New buyer

2. Buyer paid with credit card

3. Seller cashed out as crypto.

4. Initial ID verification failed.

5. Seller with small account

6. No indication from account notes that this account is associated with an established NamePros user.

The good news is that you got a lot more ETH.
Thank you for sharing Rob and its much clearer now.

•••
Another thing: the whole chat team seems to have changed. Maybe Epik was sold and we don't know it yet.

Epik was not sold. We raised capital last year. I am still far and away the largest shareholder of a single class of common equity.

Lately I have also been keeping an eye on a number of emerging projects that are being incubated inside of Epik. Over the last 4 years, we completed a dozen acquisitions -- mostly not announced.

The support team is larger than ever, and is operating 24/7 across web, phone and livechat. Our customer service level is still as a high as ever according to all of our metrics.

Some of the most experienced support people like Jessica, Sarah, Nelson and Jaime are increasingly doing level 2 support. The level 1 team is the one that has grown -- they are doing routine frontline support.

I rarely post on NamePros because the moderators here have not been fair or balanced on multiple occasions to the point of showing troubling allegiances. That said, I do check DMs.

•••
I rarely post on NamePros because the moderators here have not been fair or balanced on multiple occasions to the point of showing troubling allegiances. That said, I do check DMs.
Despite this, the NamePros Award is still on your homepage, even though you had said earlier in an angry mood that you would remove it at the start of this year. So apparently you are not that unhappy with NamePros. You even promote them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back