Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@epik I tried to add a lot of external domains to my portfolio (for listing in Epik Marketplace). The domains were camel cased when I entered them in the "Add Domains" window. But, after they were added in my portfolio, I find the casing gone. I need to camel case them one by one from Marketplace>Domain Casing, which is time consuming and an unnecessary task for me, as I had already camel cased them in my excel sheet..

Is there a way to retain the Camel Casing as I enter them in the Add Domains window?

•••
@epik I tried to add a lot of external domains to my portfolio (for listing in Epik Marketplace). The domains were camel cased when I entered them in the "Add Domains" window. But, after they were added in my portfolio, I find the casing gone. I need to camel case them one by one from Marketplace>Domain Casing, which is time consuming and an unnecessary task for me, as I had already camel cased them in my excel sheet..

Is there a way to retain the Camel Casing as I enter them in the Add Domains window?
You can choose few options like Capitalize, Upper, Lower, Auto from:
Choose domains - (Hamburger) - Marketplace - Domain casing

•••
You can choose few options like Capitalize, Upper, Lower, Auto from:
Choose domains - (Hamburger) - Marketplace - Domain casing
Yes, I can choose to Capitalize, Upper, Lower, Auto etc. after adding the domains. But, my domains are already properly cased while adding, I just want to retain that casing. I didn't find any option that lets me achieve that.

Edit: I just found that selecting all of them and choosing the 'Auto' solves my problem. Thank you very much.

Epik should make it the default option so that casing is retained.

•••
Yes, I can choose to Capitalize, Upper, Lower, Auto etc. after adding the domains. But, my domains are already properly cased while adding, I just want to retain that casing. I didn't find any option that lets me achieve that.

Edit: I just found that selecting all of them and choosing the 'Auto' solves my problem. Thank you very much.

Epik should make it the default option so that casing is retained.
@Darkniight - thank you for reaching out. Your suggestion will be notated on our side for the TECHs. You are welcome to reach out to our Customer Support team in the future if you need a TECH to review. Take care!

•••
We go to marketplace.epik.com , search our domain listed there, it is not there, because by default mls is chosen. So we have to switch to epik marketplace, as if we were somewhere else. And what we typed is erased, we need to type it again.. ok, our listing is there, and we can check whether we made the domain 100 times cheaper by forgetting to type cents by accident... Endusers won't do it... they would assume, by default everything is searched.
@topdom Just following up here to confirm this has been fixed - global search is now done by default in the appropriate /search path - https://www.epik.com/buy/search

Thank you for the report!

•••
•••
Now there is a new and urgent problem. You don't allow us to use our balance because you say we reached our weekly spending limit. Total nonsense. Payment was made already. But product can't be given to buyer, because it counts as spending second time.

SOLVED. Caused by misunderstanding involving people+machines.

Last edited:
•••
SOLVED.

Last edited:
•••
SOLVED.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
SOLVED.

Last edited:
•••
in addition to stupid bug/urgent matter above,,: edit: SOLVED.

There is a strange thing happening at Epik marketplace.

People visit a domain parked at Epik. They use contact form, leave their name, phone, email;
but they don't say anything. This is very strange. I SUSPECT, there is a filter for COMMENT section,
and if certain conditions are met (edit: for example if an url is mentioned, but if so, they might be talking about the domain they want to buy), comment parts is erased, and we can't see it. Otherwise how can so many unrelated real people prefer to send a blank message. What would be the purpose. there might be a bug there. either a technical, or a social bug.

Last edited:
•••
For some reason, Epik no longer allows you to expedite outgoing transfers. You can still ask support to do it, but there is no longer an "Approve" button in the control panel.

•••
SOLVED.

Last edited:
•••
For some reason, Epik no longer allows you to expedite outgoing transfers. You can still ask support to do it, but there is no longer an "Approve" button in the control panel.

I have never been able to expedite outgoing transfers. So you seem to be a bit behind the times. I have always needed to ask support to do it. At least for over a year.

•••
Yeah and it’s annoying. 6 months since the breach was announced, one year since it happened And we still can’t approve our own domains. They’ve gotten too controlling and intrusive for me.

•••
I have never been able to expedite outgoing transfers. So you seem to be a bit behind the times. I have always needed to ask support to do it. At least for over a year.
This was my first transfer since the breach, so maybe it has been like this for a while

•••
The first time (months ago) I needed to do a transfer I encountered this and was quite angry the button was gone.

But considering the breech and state of the digital world today with hackers running amok, I don't mind the extra step. I imagine it will be this way until/unless they do a rebuild.

•••
Does Epik plan to support the .day extension?

•••
I see that Epik now have PayPal back again.

•••
The first time (months ago) I needed to do a transfer I encountered this and was quite angry the button was gone.

But considering the breech and state of the digital world today with hackers running amok, I don't mind the extra step. I imagine it will be this way until/unless they do a rebuild.
The half is true but another half of truth is other, they offered cheap transfers and don't want people to move away fast, because domainers will use such strategy to renew domains cheap, by cycling them through different registrars. :ROFL:
IMO

•••
There are things to "fix" (or improve) at Epik marketplace.
I mean, it is great when a fixed price is added, and buyers buy at that price.
But when messages are involved there is* some mess there.
*edit: might be..

1. Epik staff and users may be seeing different version of Epik.
Epik updated marketplace.epik.com , but Epik staff seems to
be seeing the old version (edit: their (epik staff) version may have a menu including
mls, epik marketplace,.. etc options; and why care even of so)

2. I search for my own domain and can't see it there (anymore) when logged in.
(edit: can see now, need more test)
Epik says, you need to choose "Epik marketplace" from the menu
but it is the old version (thing I complained about above) ,
and the new version of marketplace.epik.com
is different (or maybe only when user logged in).
Marketplace should look the same whether user is logged in or not.
(edit: may have been improved, or there was a time gap between adding and listing)
Because I want to see how my listings look like.
For example if I make a search does my domain appear there,
and is the price correct (or 100 times cheaper because of cents),
and whether it is at the top or bottom.

3. I can view marketplace offers under Account menu.
I can make offers. counteroffers, send messages etc.
For how long are my offers valid? .
Can buyers accept my price and pay and get the domain instantly.
or does it require my approval.

Ok, normally I prefer instant transfer, but maybe I mistyped a price,
or forgot an offer I made in the past.

If there are two offers, one at marketplace, and one while responding to an inquiry,
which one will be valid?

4. Can I get a copy of offers and messages I sent/made using my Epik account; by email?
(Epik says yes, but this seems not possible,
Epik staff says, look at notifications, but notifications are not about this topic)
I want to see what my messages/offers look like when sent as email to buyers.
Can my name, email , username etc be seen ?
If I don't get a copy of the message then, how can I know
whether the buyer is not trying to get my info, or
won't be irritated by my name, email, location, or make assumptions based on them?
(edit: after some testing, looks like buyers don't get our info, this is good,
but I may still want to be able to get copies of my own messages sometimes)

5. If I add or change price, will a potential buyer be informed?
Which ones will be informed, those who sent a message, made offers,
or currently negotiating. Which buyers are actively negotiating. How can we know.
Can we cancel an offer, or all past offers?

What would be a horror story.
I get an inquiry on a fresh domain (such as recently transferred one)
which is very valuable. Like 100K.
When responding I send a counter offer like 1000.
I see I made mistake, but there is no turning back.
Buyer can buy it at that price and I have no way of stopping it:
I can't cancel my offer, I can't transfer or push the domain elsewhere.
There is no turning back.
Only thing I can do would be to sell it to "myself", this way,
I can make sure all past offers are cancelled. But
I would make the price low,..and meanwhile someone else can buy it.
I'm not saying this would happen (shouldn't happen).
but how can we know it can't happen.
We don't know the rules of the game.

Edit: after some testing, looks like either things were improved, or
were already ok. This doesn't mean everything is perfect.
May need more tests.
No marketplace is perfect. Epik might even be the best.
But if so I don't have enough proof of it yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The most important remaning open question about epik marketplace:
would our offers/counteroffers ever expire? If so, when.

At Sedo, they expire after 1 week.
At Dan, they can be revoked anytime.
Dan's system is perfect in this sense.
But they have another and new major problem (parking doesn't work).
At AN: not sure. But in practice there is no negotiation at AN,
probably we have GD agents, not real endusers on the other side.

This question is important for registrar markeplaces,
because domains would be transferred/lost instantly.
So, you can't just "cheat" and refuse to transfer the domain by making
an excuse.

Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• 20220410_140817.jpg
    20220410_140817.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 90
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back