Dynadot

Do you know any domain registrar who asks fee for leaving?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zeeshan zahoor

Established Member
Impact
Hello everybody,
Today, I was amazed when I transferred my .com domain from names.co.uk (if the name is not allowed here, I am deeply sorry).

When I registered, I did not read about the transfer policy because I have experienced almost 6 to 7 international companies that never ask to leave the company.

Now I want to know from all of you kindly share your experience if you know about any company that does this kindly comment, please.

also guide me is it against ICAAN's policy or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
highway robbery
names.co.uk/support/articles/transfer-a-domain-away-from-names-co-uk/
''Please carefully read the text on this page, paying attention to the fact that there is a £10 + VAT administration fee. When you are ready to continue, please enter your email address and click Proceed."

•••
i send support ticket yesterday and ask why are you asking for fee they replied this

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding transferring your domain away from us.

Most registries .ie ICANN, and the .com registry require an administration fee to transfer domains between registrars. i.e. from Namesco to GoDaddy. This fee is required by the registry to activate this transfer, and the payment we take is passed to the registry.

Before doing this, it may be worth considering whether that is really what you want to do. By transferring the domain to another provider, you will be giving them administrative control of the domain, and all future renewals of the domain will be handled by them. You will no longer be using your Names.co.uk Control Panel to manage this domain, and we will no longer be able to assist with any domain-related queries.

If you wish to proceed, then you can start the process in the "Domain Transfers" section of your Names.co.uk Control Panel.

The actual transfer process itself varies depending on which extension your domain has. For example, the .co.Uk domain requires you to provide the "IPS Tag" of your chosen provider before you can commence the transfer process, and a .com domain transfer will send you an "Authorization Code" by email which you will then need to give to your new provider.

•••
Only for fee is not fair. I mean it shouldn't cost to move out. Got to be careful where we put domains. Usually, best to stick to the top registers. And, I don't think registry charges fee to move from one register to another like they say. Also, yeah no one else seems to charge to move out, the admin fee is a sham. I hear your register for that domain is one of the top in the industry but they should have made it more clear before registering that fee to move out.

•••
Point them to this post ask for a comment as we are now awaiting.

•••
It against ICAAN's policy, just report to ICANN

•••
I can think where if you let it expire in the mean time where you have to pay a fee to redeem it before transfer.

•••
•••
I can think where if you let it expire in the mean time where you have to pay a fee to redeem it before transfer.
the expiry date is 22 June 2022 but without a fee that is not giving the auth code for transferring.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back