Dynadot

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any plans to allow users to create their own Marketplace where we can list all of our names for sale and break them down by category?

•••
This is a great service, love the ability to redirect domains to checkout pages at SEDO/Daaz etc

Is there a way to store the lead that comes through the make offer form?

Just in case the enquiry ends up in a junk filter it would be great to have a backup to view within the control panel so we don't miss out on any leads

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Is there a way to store the lead that comes through the make offer form?
Fantastic suggestion, this is one of the things I like best about Dan. It would be a great addition to Domain.io. Well, this and the ability to change background color and button colors on the landing page! 😄

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey, does Domain.io have visitor traffic stats? If not, could it?

•••
Sorry if this has been asked before...

Is there an option to have your own marketplace and set a custom domain to host it? Efty gives you this option although is considerably more expensive.

•••
@aoxborrow I guess this also applies to domain.io?
I read elsewhere, yes. Sept5

Hey, does Domain.io have visitor traffic stats? If not, could it?
Google analytics only

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Is there an option to have your own marketplace and set a custom domain to host it? Efty gives you this option although is considerably more expensive.

Not that I am aware of and I have clicked everything. In a sense its possible but not practical.

For .13 usd per day its a great deal.
.50/1.00 day you get marketplace but still going to use google analytics at efty
There is an efty thread here lol

I hope this helps😆

•••
I read elsewhere, yes. Sept5

Google analytics only

Not that I am aware of and I have clicked everything. In a sense its possible but not practical.

For .13 usd per day its a great deal.
.50/1.00 day you get marketplace but still going to use google analytics at efty
There is an efty thread here lol

I hope this helps😆
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

What you get for the cost certainly seems great with domain.io, unfortunately it's irrelevant if like me you want to use a professional email and have your domain resolve to a marketplace of your own name.

Looks like I'll be paying more to use efty lol

•••
Run it thru cpanel. Then forward to domain.io internal lander.
Have a catch all email address for every domain.
Edit. Having a custom cool marketplace using your own url, doable kind of. Wp marketplace and domain.io landers or to be Frank, forward everything to one domain.
Or pay efty, price is pretty hefty at efty.

Last edited:
•••
Or pay efty, price is pretty hefty at efty
Obviously, they didn't think it out when they chose the name—good catch. My biggest issue, which I think is unforgivable, is that there are no PayPal subscription payments. They just don't care.

•••
•••
Getting bit off topic. @sircc your talking efty or domain.io?
Domain.io doesnt take paypal. More economical, efty is one big bite
I see efty review at bottom of page uses different nameservers.
Hopefully Aaron will find more time to tweek things up

•••
Will Dan still be available to use on the website after September or will the option be going away?

Last edited:
•••
That i dont know but I do know daddy is playing games and the godaddy bin button on the landers is mia.again
Also the afternic column showing prices is not populating.

•••
So no more 5% commission for sending a sale to Dan, after September? Is that right?

•••
I heard somewhere else that there will be a marketplace by months end
Not sure if that is a personal marketplace or just one in general.
More high quality content by the master himself
Any plans to allow users to create their own Marketplace where we can list all of our names for sale and break them down by category?

•••
Just checking in. Anything new?

•••
Hey guys. What is the best way to reach the owner? I sent him an email 6 days ago in response to the expiry of my trial period, but has not gotten an answer yet. How long did you guys have to wait for a response?
I am really torn here. As far as I figured it out this is a one-man-show for him and he probably has other stuff to do as well. On the other hand I want to use a tool for my portolio with good conscience knowing that it will stick around and is being cared for.

•••
Hey guys. What is the best way to reach the owner? I sent him an email 6 days ago in response to the expiry of my trial period, but has not gotten an answer yet. How long did you guys have to wait for a response?
I am really torn here. As far as I figured it out this is a one-man-show for him and he probably has other stuff to do as well. On the other hand I want to use a tool for my portolio with good conscience knowing that it will stick around and is being cared for.
Hi, can you let me know your email address in DM.

•••
FYI Afternic is working again. I am in contact with them and hoping to get some level of API integration to avoid the need for scraping data.

Also, I added an override to the button settings -- I don't recommend using this, but if needed it will show the button whether or not the system thinks you have an active listing or not. The danger is that if you don't have an active listing, a customer clicking the button will get a 404 page.
ScreenShot 2024-04-09 at 09.55.45.png

•••
Hey all, @aoxborrow just contacted me and answered all my questions and helped me very generously. Will definitely use Domain.io now, I am very impressed by his quick reaction and customer friendliness and have a good feeling now. :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi @aoxborrow . What happens after DAN stops their API? Can domain.io still be used as of now for importing the leads to DAN/Afternic?

•••
Hi @aoxborrow . What happens after DAN stops their API? Can domain.io still be used as of now for importing the leads to DAN/Afternic?
I don't think they will support the API after September, so no importing leads through it. I am hoping to have alternative payment/transaction solution(s) available to avoid the high commission.

•••
I don't think they will support the API after September, so no importing leads through it. I am hoping to have alternative payment/transaction solution(s) available to avoid the high commission.
Thanks for the reply. One option I would pay to see is some kind of flow to automate submission to Sedo escrow.
They have an iframe on the webiste to 3rd party form app. Only hassle is that buyer needs to provide their Sedo username.
Perhaps something can be done to prompt buyer to create Sedo account and redirect them back to the form and autofill the details. This would be very nice at 3 % commission.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back