Dynadot

Domain.io - The Portfolio Dashboard (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aoxborrow

Twitter: @aoxborrowUpgraded Member
Impact
Hello Domain Pros!

For the past year I have been building Domain.io to be the portfolio management tool I always wanted. My portfolio is only around 400 domains but it was such a mess, strewn across so many registrars and marketplaces. I wanted to manage all my pricing in one place, a single source of truth, and I wanted my ALL my verification TXT records to be automatically added with one set of nameservers. Whether you use the nameservers and landers or not, Domain.io is gonna help you reach maximum exposure for your portfolio.

When I first brought my entire portfolio together into Domain.io, I was surprised to see that less than 50% was actually listed on all three of Afternic/Sedo/Dan. I knew I had been lazy about updating listings, but I had no idea how bad it was. Now I am at 92% listed for each market, and November and December have been my best months ever by far. Below is what I did to get there.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.40.45.png

1. First I went to every domain registrar where I own names and exported a list of all my names. This ensures my initial working list is 100% clean and up to date with no expired or sold domains. Optional: While I was logged into each registrar I also set the nameservers for all my domains to ns1.domain.io and ns2.domain.io, so I can use the Domain.io landers and Bulk DNS.

2. Once I had gathered all my registrar export files, I just imported them directly into Domain.io, one after another. If you click the big "Add Domains" button there is a "Bulk Importer" option. From there you can import just about any spreadsheet -- I have tested with dozens of registrars and marketplaces. Once all my domains were in Domain.io I carefully went through and set BIN and minimum offer prices.

ScreenShot 2021-09-29 at 21.51.55.png

3. Now with my freshly updated portfolio I was ready to hit the aftermarkets. On the Domain.io Markets page, there are three separate Export buttons, each specifically tailored for Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. I exported a fresh file for each market and promptly wiped all my accounts entirely clean. I highly recommend this, it felt great! There were so many long gone, expired, poorly priced, and sold domains in my accounts, it would have taken weeks to sort them all out. I uploaded the fresh new spreadsheets to each of Afternic, Sedo, and Dan. If you don't want to wipe your account clean, be sure to use the "reconcile" options when uploading your portfolio. Because my domains were using Domain.io nameservers with TXT verification configured, they were all verified quickly. It is of course easy to monitor your listing status from within the Domain.io dashboard.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 15.52.16.png

Domain.io can do a lot more, but this core benefit of getting my portfolio fully syndicated with consistent pricing has been the biggest difference maker so far.

Some other fun features are:

Seriously Awesome Bulk Management Tools
Whether it's 20 or 20,000 domains you are updating, Domain.io can handle it.

ScreenShot 2021-12-28 at 14.28.48.png

Ridiculously Configurable Payment Options
You can configure your BIN and contact buttons exactly how you want them using button rules and custom fields. Our Dan.com integration means 5% commission on BIN checkouts directly from the lander.

FDDEgdjVkAg-ZO1.jpeg

FDDF4mgUUAAurbe.jpeg

HOW ABOUT ALL THE BUTTONS SIR? (not recommended!)
FDDEiyXVgAUW4qQ.jpeg

We're just getting started. Try Domain.io free for 30 days, no credit card required, and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the custom html box under description. I tried adding tawk.to to that area, but couldnt get it to work.
Today checking google results and noticed that the headline then price of our domain is showing in google results.
I am not to keen on that. Noticed it at alter, as i watch a name that was there and it indexed the price at bottom of google result. For my landers, the few i checked, it is picked up price text and putting it in first line.
Usually i use your name php,io for reference, but for some reason your domain results at google dont show your price https://www.google.com/search?q=sit...69i57j69i58.4230j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
All mine that i checked show it.
One domain their is two versions indexed at goo, with and without www
I changed the price on that name few weeks ago, but only the non www got crawled by google, so search results show 2 different prices.

How do others feel about the price being shown in google results?

The one word .org I watch was at alter, then dan. I see it has been crawled since changing nameservers so when doing site:domainName.ext they dont have a price dispalying.
We tend to change our prices often, no matter which side atlantic ocean live on.

Now i found a name where the price is not indexed. It says this domain is for sale! then moves on to description.
Can you make the price non idexable? I like that i can price the name on my lander with you, keep the name at make offer on Dan, but if someone clicks dan bin on my lander, it takes them to checkout page with price that is on lander. At Dan.com

Some landers both www and non www page gets indexed. Some show headline and price, then a snippet of description, others just headline and description.

Weird indexing issues, I had it set up a phone number appeared in search results in google. I know how many characters get indexed and displayed in search results
One it shows headline this domain is for sale, the description part it says this domain is for sale second time with price, reducing description area displayed in google.

Part of my domaining ritual is site:domainname.ext in google search, as the results people see in google can be an effective marketing tool.

I will send you examples via email of names showing different results.

•••
•••
Changing your username from default private owner to custom, changes results in google.
Some www versions show price, some dont
some non www results show price, some dont. The text in tab sometimes gets indexed, showing this domain is for sale twice in google results.
The price, yes i dont like it and was one of things i didnt like about alter.
When i set up my description in bulk, the domain i was using for reference did not display the price, so i got more confused when i started seeing different results in gooogle

•••
Thanks for the custom html box under description. I tried adding tawk.to to that area, but couldnt get it to work.
It's working if you paste the whole snippet. Many people are using it, e.g.:
https://london-photographer.com

Today checking google results and noticed that the headline then price of our domain is showing in google results.
I am not to keen on that. Noticed it at alter, as i watch a name that was there and it indexed the price at bottom of google result. For my landers, the few i checked, it is picked up price text and putting it in first line.
Usually i use your name php,io for reference, but for some reason your domain results at google dont show your price https://www.google.com/search?q=site:php.io&rlz=1C1SQJL_enCA872CA872&oq=site:php.io&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.4230j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
All mine that i checked show it.
One domain their is two versions indexed at goo, with and without www
I changed the price on that name few weeks ago, but only the non www got crawled by google, so search results show 2 different prices.

How do others feel about the price being shown in google results?

The one word .org I watch was at alter, then dan. I see it has been crawled since changing nameservers so when doing site:domainName.ext they dont have a price dispalying.
We tend to change our prices often, no matter which side atlantic ocean live on.

Now i found a name where the price is not indexed. It says this domain is for sale! then moves on to description.
Can you make the price non idexable? I like that i can price the name on my lander with you, keep the name at make offer on Dan, but if someone clicks dan bin on my lander, it takes them to checkout page with price that is on lander. At Dan.com
The internet says you can't tell Google not to index certain parts of the page, so I don't have a good answer about not indexing the price.

Some landers both www and non www page gets indexed. Some show headline and price, then a snippet of description, others just headline and description.
I originally did not redirect www to non-www, leaving it up to domainer to choose what they prefer, but I have now changed it. I think you're right, it's not great to have it indexed twice, and the internet says it's bad for SEO. So domains with SSL certs will now always redirect to canonical non-www root name.

Weird indexing issues, I had it set up a phone number appeared in search results in google. I know how many characters get indexed and displayed in search results
One it shows headline this domain is for sale, the description part it says this domain is for sale second time with price, reducing description area displayed in google.
I'm not sure why some domains have "<Domain> is for sale" displayed in both headline and body of search results. I just changed the HTML to indicate that "<Domain> is for sale" is a headline "<h2>", and also removed some typographic stuff that maybe confused Google. Now it should be clear that it is the same as page headline, hopefully that will help and google won't display it twice.

•••
Does Domain.io support Google Analytics integration?

•••
•••
Anyone notice any new updates lately?

•••
•••
Hi, I upvoted some features.
Would you please consider also the integration with BrandPa?

Also, stats are super important for me.

And A/B testing on landing pages would make a HUGE difference!

If you like I can help you with that. I do A/B testing on daily basis

•••
Just moved over 300 domains to domain.io. Very intuitive UI, easy to bulk edit prices and other properties. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Thanks to the creator.

•••
It has its quirks and quarks but i am totally happy with the set up. Any questions just post but this beast saves me a lot of time.

•••
I signed up for a trial and I added 493 domains to my account. I was trying to test the exporting for Afternic and it doesn't seem to actually work in Firefox. I've tried just the unlisted as well as all. A popup appears showing the domains I intend to export. After clicking "Export for Afternic" the popup disappears and nothing happens. I wasn't sure if this should be downloaded from the browser or e-mailed. I don't see either.

Same thing happens with Sedo and Dan.

•••
I signed up for a trial and I added 493 domains to my account. I was trying to test the exporting for Afternic and it doesn't seem to actually work in Firefox. I've tried just the unlisted as well as all. A popup appears showing the domains I intend to export. After clicking "Export for Afternic" the popup disappears and nothing happens. I wasn't sure if this should be downloaded from the browser or e-mailed. I don't see either.

Same thing happens with Sedo and Dan.
I had this issue too, but only with Linux surprisingly.

On my windows machine exporting works without any problem. Maybe this is also the case for you

•••
I had this issue too, but only with Linux surprisingly.

On my windows machine exporting works without any problem. Maybe this is also the case for you
I'm using Windows 11. I just tried in Chrome and got a new error. After trying to export, I am taken to page: blob:https://app.domain.io/0c57030f-b574-4a7b-961c-ab3b4e37109e which shows an error page saying:

“blob” links are blocked​

It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

•••
I'm using Windows 11. I just tried in Chrome and got a new error. After trying to export, I am taken to page: blob:https://app.domain.io/0c57030f-b574-4a7b-961c-ab3b4e37109e which shows an error page saying:

“blob” links are blocked​

It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
I had absolutely same message on chrome, on firefox nothing even showed. But again only on Linux.

I wrote to [email protected] 3-4 days ago but did not get a response yet

•••
I had absolutely same message on chrome, on firefox nothing even showed. But again only on Linux.

I wrote to [email protected] 3-4 days ago but did not get a response yet
I'm also having some issues and emailed them like a week ago. No response yet.

Sad.

•••
•••
It's not afternic, the CSVs aren't downloading/exporting from domain.io at all. Whether it's Afternic, Sedo or Dan.

•••
Try Opera browser.
I was getting the same Blob link related error with Chrome, Firefox and Safari but its working with Opera for me.

•••
Hey domain.io guys, please update us :)

•••
+1.

I own a domain that is listed by someone else in Domain.io. Again, contacted the support but no response 6 days.

•••
Guys, I'm so sorry about this and my lack of updates. I really banged my head on this export issue for multiple days and could not get anything to work. It worked locally and I hadn't changed anything with exports recently. Finally it resolved itself and turned out to be an issue with Google Tag Manager that they fixed a few days ago. There is only one mention of it on the internet and it's from someone who uses the same JS library as me.

•••
Back