IT.COM

discuss Domain owner not responding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robin Hablani

GoDomainers.comEstablished Member
Impact
I’ve tried to reach put domain owner through email, phone, his website contact form, Whois, etc.

No response so far, I have a tempting offer for his domain from my client.

What do you think the case should be and what are my options here.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fire the offer across to get his attention.

•••
•••
If you were able to contact him via website, whois, email etc and got no reply its very likely your offer is not as tempting as you think. Without knowing name impossible to do anything but speculate.

Generally when you are ignored your offer is so far from what they want they don’t to bother answering what they might view as time wasters and frankly they don’t have to.

If you used fake name and throw away contact details that doesn’t help either. I don’t really care about fake name if the buyer is earnest but not everyone feels the same.

Did you make an offer or just inquire? Are you offering peanuts for a valuable name?

Stealth acquisition is probably better left to super experienced domain brokers imo but if you are determined enough there are other ways to attempt contact. Did you try to see if the registrar holding name can let them know there is an interested party?

I mean you are probably being ignored intentionally but there are many reasons that could be. Not just what I mentioned.

Reflect on what your contact said and see if it can be improved. There are deals that take months, years and possibly longer to actually hammer out a deal acceptable to both parties.

If all else fails, there are other extensions and other names. Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
If you were able to contact him via website, whois, email etc and got no reply its very likely your offer is not as tempting as you think. Without knowing name impossible to do anything but speculate.

Generally when you are ignored your offer is so far from what they want they don’t to bother answering what they might view as time wasters and frankly they don’t have to.

If you used fake name and throw away contact details that doesn’t help either. I don’t really care about fake name if the buyer is earnest but not everyone feels the same.

Did you make an offer or just inquire? Are you offering peanuts for a valuable name?

Stealth acquisition is probably better left to experienced domain brokers imo but if you are determined enough there are other ways to attempt contact. Did you try to see if the registrar holding name can let them know there is an interested party?

I mean you are probably being ignored intentionally but there are many reasons that could be. Not just what I mentioned.

Reflect on what your contact said and see if it can be improved. There are deals that take months, years and possibly longer to actually hammer out a deal acceptable to both parties.

If all else fails, there are other extensions and other names. Good Luck.
Thank you, your post really helped in getting more ideas to proceed further.

I did email him with my original name, work email and social media pages in the signature of my email.

I sent him the offer which is 7x the Godaddy valuation.

I'll now try some of the techniques you have suggested.

•••
One other way is to publish the name, better in a new topic to include in the title, believe me on NPs are allot of members who will know who is owner and help you to get in contact with him.

•••
Are you confident that he's getting your emails? As in, you have a tracker on, and you know for sure that the emails are being read?

•••
is the domain name listed at afternic, sedo or dan? .. also > use linkedin, facebook and twitter

call him/her :)

best of success!

Last edited:
•••
Try contacting the broker at the registrar where the domain name is located,
He will contact the domain holder

•••
Try contacting the broker at the registrar where the domain name is located,
He will contact the domain holder
By now, I have his phone number, personal email, work email, address, etc.

A very weird person. No answer, not returning any of my emails.

And today I saw a Whois record update, where he turned on his privacy protection.

•••
Unlikely: If you saw a whois change maybe the name sold? Did the name expire? The Whois expiration date means nothing because if it is going to auction it might be extended there. Where is it registered?

Likely: 7x GD valuation for some domains mean nothing. Some domainers will not respond at all to any offers that are not close to what they want. They will ignore you until you go away or make a offer they like. I usually respond to all except when it is really low and I know others that do the same. Even on NP, last two offers I got for a 4L I have listed I didn't reply because the offer didn't deserve a reply.

Did you check namebio to see if it ever sold? Did you google the name to see if it was ever on any sale lists or posts?

•••
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I highly appreciate them.

After digging very deep. I found out that the owner died in 2021.

Thanks,
Robin

•••
After digging very deep. I found out that the owner died in 2021.
You went digging very deep? You went looking for him in cemeteries and dug him up?🤔

I am glad to hear that they let you change your domains privacy status from heaven, one less thing I have to decide while I'm still alive (y)

Last edited:
•••
You went digging very deep? You went looking for him in cemeteries and dug him up?🤔

I am glad to hear that they let you change your domains privacy status from heaven, one less thing I have to decide while I'm still alive (y)
Not sure how did Whois got updated few days back. But I tried to look for his relatives and found out:xf.cool:

•••
Back