IT.COM

discuss DomainDeals.today

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Friends....I'm a business guy first, a marketing guy second, and a domainer third.

In a little over one year I've accumulated 525 domains. And like with any portfolio, a few may be pretty good, and the rest are probably garbage.

I have carved out some niche area's, and have purchased AreaCodeDomains, Dash-Domains and recently, DomainDeals.today.

I own about 70 domains that end with .today, and here are 12 for example;

MarijuanaSales.today
FreePizza.today
FreeBeer.today
YachtSales.today
BoatDeals.today
BikeSales.today
CruiseDeals.today
HomeSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
GoldDeals.today
TruckSale.today
AntiqueDeals.today

I paid just 1.99 each for these domains. I've been told by domainers who have been here for a while these domains are junk, and I wasted my money? The business guy in me tells me otherwise. I got a feel for this type of domain when a friend registered the name PingPong.gives. I didn't know this sort of domain even existed until 90 days ago, but when I went to his site, I saw how easy it was to access the site, and it felt and looked pretty cool to me. I'd suggest you check out the site to see what I mean. This is a 501c3 (non profit), and the BOD just liked the .gives idea instead of a .org. The .gives represents giving back.

Like everything else in this business, a lot of what we do is purely accidental or lucky. There is a little skill to it, thus I registered the .com GenuinelyCreative. Just last week I was poking around the Epik Domain website when I say they were selling the .today extensions for just 1.99. So I start playing around with "sales" and "deals" "today" and Voila! At least to me, these domains read like what a high priced NY advertising firm might come up with if the .com never existed. I sure hope I didn't offend anyone here, but that's the way I see it. I've been told I'm a pretty good salesman, and these are the kinds of domains, if someone likes them, and they're in an industry like auto's, homes, cruises or even marijuana, they could bring pretty big bucks.

Any thoughts on how to best monetize them? I know I can't develop all of them, but I do think I can sell a logo, and an eCommerce business model that could enhance their value.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So whats your experience till today with these .today domains ?

•••
So whats your experience till today with these .today domains ?
I thought they were real cool (they stil are), but I never had the time, or found the technical help to assist me to market them to "end users". Nothing more, nothing less.

•••
I also have evening/today and despite there is no significant interest in this, i would still keep it for next 5 years to see what happens as i do believe it is a good domain and if not today then tomorrow, interest will develop in .today domains.

•••
I also have evening/today and despite there is no significant interest in this, i would still keep it for next 5 years to see what happens as i do believe it is a good domain and if not today then tomorrow, interest will develop in .today domains.
I don't disagree at all, but unless you're able to outbound market/sell them to "end users" now one will even know they exist. If I'm able to build a domain brokerage like I believe I can, a big part of my budget will be educating "end users". And how I plan to do that is actually pretty simple.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back