IT.COM

Dynadot unreachable

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Dynadot.com and any domain parked there not resolving at least in the last 2 minutes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
at least 5 minutes... and when I do ping dynadot.com, I get data from amazonaws. Why,.. every site should be independent when loading at least.

We had a big site, and we didn't depend on any external service, and avoided all javascript.
We are living in a cloud slavery system, not a free open internet system.

...Edit: and there may be no real attack, ..and external services may be causing such problems intentionally.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Not working... and so are "for sale" dynadot landers. Which means potentially lost sales for those who count on it.

•••
We're sorry for the downtime, unfortunately, we are still experiencing DDoS attacks and our engineers are currently focused on restoring a stable connection to our servers as soon as possible.

•••
We're sorry for the downtime, unfortunately, we are still experiencing DDoS attacks and our engineers are currently focused on restoring a stable connection to our servers as soon as possible.

Also Afternic confirmation for fast transfer not working at least on my side
I am waiting for few of my domains since Nov. 2021 to confirm

Best regards,

•••

Best regards,
Thank you for letting us know, if the domains were listed for sale with Afternic some time again then they will likely just need to be re-listed for sale with Afternic and this should trigger a new confirmation request from Afternic's side to our side. If you're still unable to confirm the domain names for Afternic after they have been relisted please contact us via PM or email with your username and the affected domain names and we can look into that further.

•••
Our team is still working on restoring access to Dynadot.com, but has confirmed that in the meantime users should be able to manage their accounts and domain names via our mobile app. Thank you to all for your patience whilst our team is working on this.

•••
Is there a non-app version of that management option? such as dynadot2.com?

•••
How can cloudflare not handle it. Then maybe cloudflare was attakced, (or attacking). Are other cloudflare sites working? I think Dan has the same problem: it is dependent on some global site just to resolve normally. and this is why it is slow (slightly faster now but still far from being normal). FB was cleaned by good guys(?),..and maybe it is to time to clean up other DS networks.

I think old and unsuspicious accounts should be offered a backdoor access during such times.

Last edited:
•••
DDOS attack and website inaccessible for at least 7+ hours now by my math.

Brad

•••
I also can't reach Dynadot via normal web-browser, but was able to register some domains using their API calls.

•••
This specific issue is an Afternic issue that I think is not related to Dynadot. I've experienced the same at another registrar. You should contact Afternic to resubmit your complete portfolio for review (they have an option for this), and you will get the opt-in messages. In my case, some 673 domains were not processed, a huge amount. cc @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
This specific issue is an Afternic issue that I think is not related to Dynadot. I've experienced the same at another registrar. You should contact Afternic to resubmit your complete portfolio for review (they have an option for this), and you will get the opt-in messages. In my case, some 673 domains were not processed, a huge amount. cc @Joe Styler

From Afternic received but in my Dynadots account not possible to chose confirm or not
I will see in next few days what i will do...no i want & hope Dynadot will fix the problems

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
patience
لصبر
geduld
耐心
терпение

... is the key to the universe (and DYNADOT is a part of it).

•••
I was planning on bidding on some domain auctions that closed today on dynadot. I hope they re-run the auctions for today. I still can't access the site

•••
I was planning on bidding on some domain auctions that closed today on dynadot. I hope they re-run the auctions for today. I still can't access the site

If you use their app it works. Guess there will be less competition today 🙂

Last edited:
•••
Has the issue been resolved? I still can't access the site.

•••
Me either. It is going on about 15+ hours now. That is an awfully long time.

Brad

•••
•••
...and down again :)

Still, in the case of it coming back online, how can we verify that the site is the real thing? I mean, after such a hard attack, anything is possible... or am I being too paranoid now?

•••
Back