IT.COM

advice Entrepreneurial Burn-out

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Entrepreneur burnout. Do entrepreneurs get burnout? Um, do they run out of steam or something like that or do they hit a brick wall? What is it? So what do you think about that, Jeff? Like, do they really get burnout? Do entrepreneurs burn out at all?
Yeah, I think certainly looking back at my past, you know, 40 years in business, there's definitely times when I've I've felt burned out. And I think one of the challenges is recognizing burnout versus just, you know, overwhelming anxiety over the stresses of, of being an entrepreneur and starting a business and not being there for your family...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lack of organisation is a factor. If you are well organised and have clearly defined goals then you won't get burnout. Working long hours, for an example, is not smart and it is not sustainable but it is a choice. Burnout is a choice. Take responsibility. Don't just use a word like burnout. Actually say what you are aiming for, yeah. Quantify it and earmark a date in time, and be clear about your path to get there. When you go off the path, as most people do, be aware of it and take proactive measures to get back on track. Also set a time to finish work and go chill in whatever way floats your boat. Don't overwork. It's dumb.

•••
Back