Dynadot

Epik.com Promo Deals and Happy Hour Mega-Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sufyan Alani

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm creating this post to keep you all informed of Epik.com Happy Hours!
Every day, we'll try to discount an extension and give you the chance to register & invest in this extension.

Today, we're featuring .US extension, and we're discounting it to $1.50 for new registrations starting now, and will be ON for the next 5 hours.

The following is a list of all domain names that have been registered previously before under .US, and are available one more time for registration: https://armored.net/index.php/s/t9rf2GLm4JktQWn

Remember, all domains registered at Epik include:
- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Here is also a link to ALL promos that we're currently running, in case you wanted to look into something different: https://www.epik.com/promos/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, let me know what extensions you'd be interested to see featuring in our future Happy Hours! We'll do our best to accommodate all requests.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back to normal - sorry for inconvenience!

•••
Some folks have asked about our .COM pricing plan for September 1. We did not finalize it yet but will share two things:

1. The $6.99 .com transfer promo is a hot ticket. Get it while it lasts.

2. Our .COM renewal rate for NP members will continue to be a very good deal.

Ultimately, our philosophy has not changed. We view the domain investor as a supply chain partner. We win when you sell domains to end-users. Up until that point, our focus is on extending your runway.

•••
Some folks have asked about our .COM pricing plan for September 1. We did not finalize it yet but will share two things:

1. The $6.99 .com transfer promo is a hot ticket. Get it while it lasts.

2. Our .COM renewal rate for NP members will continue to be a very good deal.

Ultimately, our philosophy has not changed. We view the domain investor as a supply chain partner. We win when you sell domains to end-users. Up until that point, our focus is on extending your runway.

Rob, that is good...if possible more discounts.

Also, it will be nice to see some discounts on .in .co.in and also regular .com .co .io on India Independence Day (Aug 15th) celebrations.

I was hoping to see reg at reduced price... waiting to register 20 to 30 names in .com

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
Received email from other registrars:
You might have heard that the central registry (Verisign) is increasing their wholesale cost for .COM domain names soon. In light of this change, our prices will increase as well starting September 1, 2021 00:00 UTC.

What your NP's new price for COM starting September?
Thanks.

•••
Received email from other registrars:
You might have heard that the central registry (Verisign) is increasing their wholesale cost for .COM domain names soon. In light of this change, our prices will increase as well starting September 1, 2021 00:00 UTC.

What your NP's new price for COM starting September?
Thanks.

So far no price increase planned for .COM for NP members. At most, it will be a pass-through of our cost.

•••
Personally I don't mind even if there's no discounts/promos. Others are likely to disagree with me but I'd rather reduce the discount bleed so that we'll have a long term affordable com pricing.

•••
Personally I don't mind even if there's no discounts/promos. Others are likely to disagree with me but I'd rather reduce the discount bleed so that we'll have a long term affordable com pricing.

There is no discount ever. It takes few cents to create a .com by the registry. Verisign uses the same equipment to run all their extensions.

Its nothing but a huge scam by ICANN/Verisign to not allow the contract by a competitive auction.

The thing (.com names) we are paying $8.03 per year for actually costs few cents to produce.

So even if you pay somewhat less for this i.e. $6-7, its a ripoff/scam and not a discount.

•••
There is no discount ever. It takes few cents to create a .com by the registry. Verisign uses the same equipment to run all their extensions.

Its nothing but a huge scam by ICANN/Verisign to not allow the contract by a competitive auction.

The thing (.com names) we are paying $8.03 per year for actually costs few cents to produce.

So even if you pay somewhat less for this i.e. $6-7, its a ripoff/scam and not a discount.

Will all due respect, .COM is still just about the best deal in town.

You are a domainer because why?

Seriously, if you are looking to complain about a scape, I suggest go Tweet about Bored Ape NFTs.

•••
It is best deal of course.... for Verisign

There should be more than 1 parties managing the .com registry (with a framework to manage the equipment), so there is competition and wholesale prices can be reduced, which benefits everyone, literally everyone (including registrars) except Verisign. But ICANN executives are busy enjoying perks from Verisign, not to forget the jobs they get at Verisign after retiring from ICANN.

Reducing .com prices has the potential to elevate hundreds of thousands out of poverty across poor nations like NIgeria where the average income is few dollars per month and .ng costs anywhere between $100 to $200.

ICANN's scandalous contract has allowed verisign to be a monopoly by which it sells .com domains worth few cents to us for $7.85 and now for $8.39.

It is a monopoly which should be broken for the good of the planet.

Will all due respect, .COM is still just about the best deal in town.

You are a domainer because why?

Seriously, if you are looking to complain about a scape, I suggest go Tweet about Bored Ape NFTs.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Epik $6.99 transfer is still working.

•••
Also... I love when my domain sold at Epik. With TransferWise.com low cost and the fastest way I received my money in Indonesia.
Hopefully Epik continue to improve their marketplace @Rob Monster :)

•••
Renewed a shedload before the price rise & will transfer a few in too :)

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
I've never used Epik, I don't think. Do you guys plan to have more .co promos like the last one? I don't trust Sav, I've heard horror stories.

•••
Transferred 6 .com's for 6.99$ each!

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Transferred about 50 domains without problem. Thank you for promotion.

•••
I've never used Epik, I don't think. Do you guys plan to have more .co promos like the last one? I don't trust Sav, I've heard horror stories.

Renewed and paid for 13 .CO domains at Sav, my card was charged for 13 domains, but received an invoice only for 9 and "unsuccessfull" for 4: Please try to add these items to your cart again in a few minutes.

Last edited:
•••
I have also transferred some of my domains to Epik for $6.99. Will transfer the rest as renewal time comes.

•••
Did anyone else received security notice from Epik?

Hello,

We are contacting you to notify you of an urgent security notice. Despite the extensive security practices we use to protect our platforms and customer information, we have confirmed an unauthorized intrusion into some of our domain-related systems.

We have mobilized the full force of multiple cyber security teams to assess the scope of this intrusion. We are taking aggressive action to completely secure and remediate all potentially affected systems, while complying with all applicable laws. As we work to confirm all related details, we are taking an approach toward maximum caution and urging customers to remain alert for any unusual activity they may observe regarding their information used for our services – this may include payment information including credit card numbers, registered names, usernames, emails, and passwords.

At this time, we have not confirmed that your card information has been compromised. As a precautionary measure, you may choose to contact any credit card companies that you used to transact with Epik and notify them of a potential data compromise to discuss your options with them directly. Should you observe any unauthorized activity, please document and report it immediately.

We are notifying you because we consider your privacy and security our single greatest priority. Our mission to provide legendary service to all customers remains unchanged. We appreciate your support as we work through the full resolution of this situation, and we will continue to provide you with ongoing updates as we learn more.

Thank you,
Epik Security Team

•••
Did anyone else received security notice from Epik?

There's a whole thread here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-may-have-had-a-major-breach.1252094/

There was a MAJOR breach.

It appears that loads of credit card info has now been made public, along with a lot of other information related to accounts and domains held there.

Everyone with an account at Epik should read up on the situation. Credit cards used at Epik should probably be cancelled, passwords changed (and also anywhere else the passwords were used), etc etc.

https://gizmodo.com/epik-was-warned-about-a-large-security-flaw-before-its-1847699550

https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/17/epik-website-bug-hacked/

https://www.wired.com/story/anonymous-leaked-data-from-right-wing-web-host-epik/

Last edited:
•••
Yes.

I got same email few hours ago.

Last edited:
•••
Damn.. Got few emails as well.. i guess time to replace card's

•••
Guys, i cant login to Epik. What is happening? Is there an alternative to this?

Last edited:
•••
I just signed in with no problem. Re-try it again and see what happens...

•••
I noticed today that Epik reactivated the .COM transfer for $6.99

•••
Back