IT.COM

Epik Drop Catching

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is Epik drop catching any good? Can it beat any of the other drop catching services?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ya i heard when they got hacked, Anonymous made some upgrades in their drop catching department.

•••
•••
•••
•••
OK. I started using Epik for drop catching. They did pretty good. 70%+ dropcatch rate (because I wasn't going after the best domains). Just recently I moved my dropcatching to SAV after running a trial with Epik. I then thought about DropCatch's own $10 dropcatching . Why? They have many more servers than SAV's 50 servers. I did a 6 domain test over a 3-4 day period. DropCatch caught 5 of them and one went to another dropcacher (i didn't recognise). So in the last three months I've gone thru Dynadot>Epik>SAV>Dropcatch $10> I've decided to place all my low level backorders with DropCatch (as well as the few $59 dropcatches I place at DropCatch). I know there is a chance, that HugeDomains might place an order. But personally. I don't think I have to worry too much.

•••
OK. I started using Epik for drop catching. They did pretty good. 70%+ dropcatch rate (because I wasn't going after the best domains). Just recently I moved my dropcatching to SAV after running a trial with Epik. I then thought about DropCatch's own $10 dropcatching . Why? They have many more servers than SAV's 50 servers. I did a 6 domain test over a 3-4 day period. DropCatch caught 5 of them and one went to another dropcacher (i didn't recognise). So in the last three months I've gone thru Dynadot>Epik>SAV>Dropcatch $10> I've decided to place all my low level backorders with DropCatch (as well as the few $59 dropcatches I place at DropCatch). I know there is a chance, that HugeDomains might place an order. But personally. I don't think I have to worry too much.
If hugedomains wants it and you haven't placed a $59 backorder, they automatically pick it up. If the domain in question is worth anything, it will have multiple back orders, hence an auction. A catch 22.

•••
If hugedomains wants it and you haven't placed a $59 backorder, they automatically pick it up. If the domain in question is worth anything, it will have multiple back orders, hence an auction. A catch 22.

You probably haven't followed the whole thread. That's OK. So far I haven't yet encountered Huge Domains in this process. My choices are meant to fly under their "radar". I'm not aiming at the most desirable domains here. I've kinda proven to myself that $10 at DropCatch sweeps the floor with the same domains ordered at Epik or Sav. So I will continue. Also I haven't excluded using DropCatch's $59 orders. I still use that on occasions. There is also the reverse psychology here. Not every domain is worth a $59 backorder, but still has value. Making them expensive purchases if they are won on $59 backorders. As for HugeDomains involvement. It really is the same whether the backorder is at Epik, Sav, Dropcatch $10. So I don't really see that argument flying, when I'm trying to target domains not attractive to HugeDomains.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, how can you backorder at Epik at just 8.49$?

•••
Hi, how can you backorder at Epik at just 8.49$?
You message Rob Monster or other staff and have your account designated as a NamePros member. You have to prepay the 8.49 though.

•••
You message Rob Monster or other staff and have your account designated as a NamePros member. You have to prepay the 8.49 though.
Thank you very much!

•••
Back