Dynadot

Epik Escrow Review & Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domains - Wanted

Top Member
Impact
Sold a domain using Epik Escrow. I'd transferred-in the domain to Epik prior to the transaction, so the sale went through and funds were credited to my Masterbucks account immediately. So far so good.

Next, I initiated withdrawal to PayPal on Sunday, May 28th and received email confirmation and funds were debited from my Masterbucks account instantly. I expected to receive equally instant deposit into my PayPal account or next day at the outside. No joy! It has been 4 days and no money credited to my PayPal.

Don't know if this is an isolated case or maybe I missed some small print somewhere and this is par for the course - a standard delay with payouts by Epik? Has anybody here had any experience selling through Epik and withdrawing funds to PayPal? How long did you wait for the money?

@robepik

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lastly, i completely agree and understand the situation in the office of Epik for handling the transaction as both the buyer and seller were from different countries and Epik had to safeguard not just the buyer and seller; but also themselves from any of the fraudsters and legal consequences. I guess these steps are necessary to safeguards everyone's interests.

I'm a website trader and this is my 4th website sale in the last two years; 3 of them sold via flippa (paid by escrow.com), and this 4th website trade went through for the first time by Epik. So, if i may compare between escrow VS EpikEscrow; then i will definitely choose Epik Escrow from now onwards.

I am very happy with the way their staff treated us; even i was a little worried about Epik in the beginning as i never heard of them before. But now, things have changed. thanks Rob!

There appear to be a lot of folks in Pakistan that are building websites and selling them. Often the websites come with other assets like social media handles. The Epik escrow platform is being adapted to make it easy to keep track of the entire inventory or manifest associated with a domain sale. Incidentally, these website deals can be quite large, valued in millions, for a commercially successful site.

The upgrade looks quite hot. Here is an illustrative example below which shows how other related assets are appended to the domain, e.g. hosting asset, social media asset etc. In this example, it is possible to set up a deal with a so-called Broker spread where the price the buyer pays and the amount the seller gets are separated by an amount of profit for the broker.

upload_2021-2-24_11-57-11.png

Last edited:
•••
There appear to be a lot of folks in Pakistan that are building websites and selling them. Often the websites come with other assets like social media handles. The Epik escrow platform is being adapted to make it easy to keep track of the entire inventory or manifest associated with a domain sale. Incidentally, these website deals can be quite large, valued in millions, for a commercially successful site.

The upgrade looks quite hot. Here is an illustrative example below which shows how other related assets are appended to the domain, e.g. hosting asset, social media asset etc. In this example, it is possible to set up a deal with a so-called Broker spread where the price the buyer pays and the amount the seller gets are separated by an amount of profit for the broker.

Show attachment 183474

Thats correct, initially i offered buyer to buy my full portfolio of websites that made US$40k profit in collectivelly in last 13 months; but due to his budget constraints he asked to buy just one website out of full portfolio; which is why the social media stuff of around 200k+ followers was taken out of this deal.

I was contacted by this buyer directly via email; and we were in talks for over a year. Also, i have all the emails saved that we exchanged since beginning :)

I am in talks with some more investors who maybe interested in buying my rest of the sites in one go deal so i can take an exit as i got better career options now.

Yes, you are right, a broker can be a good option but it's hard to find someone who really have genuine buyers for such scale of AdSense websites. :).

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 183474

The update on epik for web/app asset details & transfers looks amazing!

•••
Sold a domain using Epik Escrow. I'd transferred-in the domain to Epik prior to the transaction, so the sale went through and funds were credited to my Masterbucks account immediately. So far so good.

Next, I initiated withdrawal to PayPal on Sunday, May 28th and received email confirmation and funds were debited from my Masterbucks account instantly. I expected to receive equally instant deposit into my PayPal account or next day at the outside. No joy! It has been 4 days and no money credited to my PayPal.

Don't know if this is an isolated case or maybe I missed some small print somewhere and this is par for the course - a standard delay with payouts by Epik? Has anybody here had any experience selling through Epik and withdrawing funds to PayPal? How long did you wait for the money?

@robepik

•••
Thanks, Epik! I almost buy 17 Websites by using Epik Escrow.... Really Really Happy about there Service. Both sides are really Secure Buyers and Sellers. Really again Thanks Epik

•••
Did my first Escrow transaction at Epik (I was the seller - this might be my last Escrow through them). The domain was pushed to the buyer on April 2nd. Today is April 12th and I am still waiting for payment from Epik. How long does it take them to send out the payment to the Seller?

•••
Did my first Escrow transaction at Epik (I was the seller - this might be my last Escrow through them). The domain was pushed to the buyer on April 2nd. Today is April 12th and I am still waiting for payment from Epik. How long does it take them to send out the payment to the Seller?

That is a substantial amount of waiting time and definitely not usual. Could you please PM me your Escrow Transaction ID so I can have a look at what's happening?

•••
That is a substantial amount of waiting time and definitely not usual. Could you please PM me your Escrow Transaction ID so I can have a look at what's happening?

Thanks, the transaction was just paid to my Masterbucks account. I'm assuming I can now withdraw from that account to get the funds. I also sent @robmonster the Escrow Transaction ID

Regards,
DN

•••
I sold a domain and the transaction is via Epik. The funds have been approved by Epik. The buyer asked me to push the domain into his Godaddy account. However, the Godaddy email is different from his Epik email. What should I do?

•••
I sold a domain and the transaction is via Epik. The funds have been approved by Epik. The buyer asked me to push the domain into his Godaddy account.
However, the Godaddy email is different from his Epik email. What should I do?

Congratulations for your sale!

To provide some background, Escrow generally requires the domain to be transferred into Epik, however in certain occasions where for example the domain is under a 60-day lock and can not be transferred, we're happy to assist with pushes at selected external registrars, however you should never push the domain because the buyer requested you to do so, instead you should contact us so we can set up the arrangement.

If you can PM me the escrow transaction ID, I can pass it along to the appropriate department.

Thanks!

•••
Congratulations for your sale!

To provide some background, Escrow generally requires the domain to be transferred into Epik, however in certain occasions where for example the domain is under a 60-day lock and can not be transferred, we're happy to assist with pushes at selected external registrars, however you should never push the domain because the buyer requested you to do so, instead you should contact us so we can set up the arrangement.

If you can PM me the escrow transaction ID, I can pass it along to the appropriate department.

Thanks!
Thank you and I have sent the ID to you via PM.

•••
This is the first time I have ussd Epik escrow. Their support is quick and they're very helpful. I got the money in my account today. :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back