Dynadot

EscrowDomains.com (escrow.domains)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

robertonotte

Established Member
Impact
I was wondering if anyone had some experience or knows the escrow service escrowdomains.com also using the escrow.domains, powered by the law firm Greenberg & Lieberman.

Making a long story short, I inquired about a domain and the owner was like "we use escrowdomains.com or no deal". This triggered in my mind a red flag and I immediately gave up on the domain. Now, looking deeper into the matter, I start giving the benefit of the doubt. I'm wondering if someone knows them and can confirm they are legit and trustworthy for a 7k transaction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I was wondering if anyone had some experience or knows the escrow service escrowdomains.com also using the escrow.domains, powered by the law firm Greenberg & Lieberman.

Making a long story short, I inquired about a domain and the owner was like "we use escrowdomains.com or no deal". This triggered in my mind a red flag and I immediately gave up on the domain. Now, looking deeper into the matter, I start giving the benefit of the doubt. I'm wondering if someone knows them and can confirm they are legit and trustworthy for a 7k transaction.

I'd stay away.

•••
•••
I think that, especially for trusted escrow services, domainers tend to prefer only the services that are widely known and have a long track record with both sellers and buyers. That may be the reason why @twiki personally would stay away from a service. And I agree.

More marketing, more community involvement, partnerships with marketplaces, etc. might change this, but I think building trust can take a long time in general.

Edit: Depending on your ambitions, I would certainly try to acquire the domain name DomainEscrow.com as an upgrade for your current domain.

Last edited:
•••
A couple days ago I received an email quite out of the blue from your firm about wire transfers. The subject line had a typo which quite frankly did not instill a lot of confidence.

•••
I think that, especially for trusted escrow services, domainers tend to prefer only the services that are widely known and have a long track record with both sellers and buyers.
They are both "widely known" and have a "long track record". Not sure how you can be in domaining and not familiar with Greenberg & Lieberman.

•••
They are both "widely known" and have a "long track record". Not sure how you can be in domaining and not familiar with Greenberg & Lieberman.

That's what I mean. You're thinking as a domainer :)

I said: sellers and buyers (you quoted only part of what I said above).

Last edited:
•••
@capybara "Not sure how you can be in domaining and not familiar with Greenberg & Lieberman."

Where did I say that in my posting?

•••
@capybara "Not sure how you can be in domaining and not familiar with Greenberg & Lieberman."

Where did I say that in my posting?
Your response above in the context of posts which are questioning the company, is hard to understand otherwise. If you meant something different, I couldn't see it...

•••
Your response above in the context of posts which are questioning the company, is hard to understand otherwise. If you meant something different, I couldn't see it...

Okay, let me be clearer then. This is not about me, or @twiki.

The question is, if the OP can trust a relatively unknown escrow service.

I've tried to explain why such a question could arise at all, and how I think they can improve.

You can disagree with me and think this service has the same familiarity with sellers and buyers as the well-known Escrow services, but I don't share that view, I'm sorry.

Nowhere have I questioned that the firm does a great job for its clients. Please try to read my words carefully, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
•••
I’ve never seen him post here, until today.

Last edited:
•••
I’ve known and have met Stevan many times at Domaining conferences and events over the last 10-12 years and I can attest he is truly above board and legit. His law firm has worked on behalf of many domainers on all types of domain issues. Definitely an asset for domainers to use if needs be.

twiki why are you telling folks to stay away from us?
Just a noobie know-nothing!

Last edited:
•••
escrow.domains is #3/4 in Google for "domain escrow" and they've been around for years. Sedo even had a run where they were outsourcing escrow to them for a time period. If we are talking end user buyers, the only companies they'll know is escrow.com and GoDaddy. No one has a clue about Sedo, Dan, or just about any other service out there. I work with programmers and technical people and none of them have any idea what I'm talking about when I mention anything outside of Escrow.com & GoDaddy. My Dad's retired friend knows about escrow.com because he bought a boat off of ebay and used them, but if they only did domain escrow, they'd likely be unknown as well.

So basically every service in the world other than escrow.com & GoDaddy is "unknown" according to the criteria of this conversation. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
I've had to use escrow.domains to facilitate a deal actually done via Sedo. Certain buyers come from countries where escrow.domains is the only service they can use.

They are legit

Last edited:
•••
Can escrow.domains

rebrand to “escrowdomains.com”?

“Dot domains” is shady, i’m sorry.

Last edited:
•••
Can escrow.domains

They use both, and 'neither' sounds shady. You feel so, don't use them! :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Can escrow.domains

Luckily you dont need to be concerned about it. Escrow services are for those that actually get sales

•••
It's good to hear all these positive stories in this thread. Keep it coming.

Since OP said "This triggered in my mind a red flag and I immediately gave up on the domain", I still think that more/better marketing, more visibility, more partnerships, and more community involvement would be a good way for business. But it all depends on the ambitions, and I don't know about these.

Thanks all for commenting.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back