Everybody wants premium names but check the budgets in domains wanted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
just want to bring this up, again

if you want premium names, then expect to pay premium prices

you don't want certain letters or only want specific numbers or want the name to end in "ie" only.....then you gotta pay extra for the extra criteria

you want names with pr, traffic and ppc earnings, you gotta pay extra for those too

also, it's trickery to post that you got $10k budget for the right name, but every offer you make on a qualified submission is only $250

increase the budgets!!!

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally agree ! But still i think its worth a try to get those for cheap, isn't it ?

•••
I get bored of low ball offers these days too

•••
While I agree responses which don't meet a buyer's criteria are inappropriate, I also believe buyers with ridiculous budgets should have their posts flagged so that they must either make the appropriate adjustments or not waste forum space. I'd like to buy a condo on a South Florida beach for $1.

•••
Totally agree ! But still i think its worth a try to get those for cheap, isn't it ?
Well, would 'you' sell a $xx,xxx+ domain for $xxx? There's a difference between trying to get a name cheap, and outright hoping to 'steal' one per se. It's basically an insult to anyone that has a premium domain to even post a request like that, not to mention one's own lack of knowledge and market value of domains to request such. Definitely a quick clue whom to not waste time interacting with, or of those that are totally new and/or have no idea of 'domaining'.

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, I just move on from such. I have made a few sales via the WTB forum so I still send people the domains that they ask for but I don't expect much. Still, you get surprised from time to time..

•••
Honestly, if you want top dollar for your domain, you shouldn't be selling them here. This is a wholesale marketplace and the users expect wholesale prices. Want top dollar, then you need end users, and for the most part this isn't the best place to find them. Yes, there are exceptions.

•••
Honestly, if you want top dollar for your domain, you shouldn't be selling them here. This is a wholesale marketplace and the users expect wholesale prices. Want top dollar, then you need end users, and for the most part this isn't the best place to find them. Yes, there are exceptions.

perhaps you should re-read my post

•••
This is a wholesale marketplace and the users expect wholesale prices. Want top dollar, then you need end users, and for the most part this isn't the best place to find them. Yes, there are exceptions.

There is a difference between expecting top dollar for your domain on a forum and being offered fair wholesale value. When someone lists a premium domain name on a forum, more often than not, they aren't expecting enduser pricing. At least that's the case for me.

I think what the OP is stating is when someone posts a domain request they should have a reasonable wholesale value as their budget. I've seen posts where people are wanting LLL.com's for $2,500. That is not fair wholesale value... or when someone who wants a 20 year aged, super premium one word .com with 100,000+ exact searches a month with only a $2,000 budget, not going to happen.

There are a lot of people on the forum who are willing to sell their domains for fair wholesale value, so in all fairness, whoever posts a domain request should understand what the current fair wholesale pricing is for the specific domain name they are seeking. That can also be said by those who are offering their domain names for sale. So you are right when you say:
if you want top dollar for your domain, you shouldn't be selling them here.
Seller's should also be just as conscious of the wholesale value of their domain names. :)

•••
•••
Ok, I did. Now what?

if you don't know, that the only way to get more for your domain names, is to ask for it,

then your expectations will always be limited.

and when you refute or rebuff the presenter of such arguments, how does that increase perceived value for your submissions?

imo...

•••
Sorry, still missing your point. The only thing I can add is that I wasn't responding to you or refuting your post. I was just posting my generic observation about pricing on this forum.

•••
The point was about Domains Wanted Threads, you are right you can't list names for sale at end user pricing, I think Biggie was talking about people not having realistic pricing for wholesale liquid names.

Domain wanted thread, "I am looking for a CVCV.com $200 budget" Yeah that's unrealistic.

"Looking for an LLL.com no Q,Z,X or V $5,000 budget" Again not reasonable at wholesale.

I get if someone has a small project looking for a brandable or two word name with $200 budget,they know they are not going to get a premium name they just want a decent name someone might want to sell.

Budgets are also fun to list, no one knows anyone here as far as their finances, so some people list a bigger budget because someone can't prove they don't have a $10,000 budget. Others have pointed out what Biggie did, $10,000 budget submit a name within that range say $6,000 and the name matches the requirements and they come back with $200.

•••
Personally I find the mentioned behaviours reprehensible; not only they really annoy sellers but they bring this whole forum down by diminishing its value as a professional place for domainers.

Too many times I have received ridiculous offers and when I called the potential buyers out they became aggressive and offensive. I have received offers in the xx for names like cday so I am not talking thin air here; I am a reasonable person who expects reasonable ( wholeseller ) offers/prices.

There are some specific " buyers " ( Chinese...sorry guys ) who say they have xx.xxx to spend on LLLL without the well known letters..well I have never been offered more than low xxx; called them out again and never heard back from any of them. How professional.

I have seen people wanting CVCVs ( possibly without Y ) for xx...people...ARE WE SERIOUS?

I also find incredibly annoying when people use the sentence " I am a reseller and I am paying reseller prices " just to put an unreasonably low offer on the table. Sometimes I wonder if those individuals are aware that we all know something about domaining here and that we are not stupid ( well some are, that's true ).

I wish the forum would flag or take actions against those people. Something like : if you post unreasonable WTB budgets your post is flagged and you can't post in that section for an x period of time, or some of your badges are taken away ( also considered that they seem to be given away like candies lately.. ). Something should be done, at least this is my opinion.

I have made sales here on NP, quite a few to be honest as there are colleagues who are serious professionals and understand reasonable wholeseller prices; those are the people I would like to see on this forum and that I would like to deal with.

•••
also, it's trickery to post that you got $10k budget for the right name, but every offer you make on a qualified submission is only $250

I hear you... and I agree with you, but you cant expect there to be honor among sharks.

Everyone wants a phenomenal deal, and the bottom line is paramount.

Everything about a domain negotiation is trickery. From using ghost eMail addresses to making a low ball offer of $250 USD, but being willing to pay $40k for a domain.

It's all a cat and mouse game; whoever has the most patience, and fortitude, wins.

When you sell a $10k domain that you bought from someone for $200 and they were asking $1500... well... that's life.

•••
Everything about a domain negotiation is trickery. From using ghost eMail addresses to making a low ball offer of $250 USD, but being willing to pay $40k for a domain.

+1

Sellers start high and buyers start low.

•••
One cannot stop someone (buyer) from having unrealistic expectations. That is what they are willing to pay, take it or leave it.

But where they list the realistic prices, they use loophole of 'price range' - people mention range of $250-$5000. So obviously they will come back with $250 offer for the best of your names. They are honoring what they are saying.

•••
ANd people gripe when I bring up these same points?

•••
but you cant expect there to be honor among sharks.

Call me a dreamer but I expect it and I don't see why we should refer to our industry as a world of sharks and contribute to make it such place. I follow my moral and try to treat others the way I would like to be treated...is it so hard to apply? I don't think so.

Once, someone much more famous than me said something like " Be the change you want to see in the world " ; can't we simply work to make this industry a better, safer, more honourable and more enjoyable place?

•••
Call me a dreamer but I expect it and I don't see why we should refer to our industry as a world of sharks and contribute to make it such place. I follow my moral and try to treat others the way I would like to be treated...is it so hard to apply? I don't think so.

Once, someone much more famous than me said something like " Be the change you want to see in the world " ; can't we simply work to make this industry a better, safer, more honourable and more enjoyable place?

I had a family member lose everything because he was a 'good guy'. Once a millionaire, they invested their money and made a fortune ($100mil+) that was swindled by the lawyers and estate managers that he trusted. He died bankrupt.

Being a good person has absolutely nothing to do with business, and as much as a 'hobby' as this can be for some, for others this is business.

I'm a good guy, I treat people how I want to be treated, and I will go out of my way for others from time to time.

When it comes to business and money, it's either me or you. Unless we enter an agreed upon contract, then its us versus them.

It might sound a bit frigid, but when I can retire and my future grand children have their educations paid for; then we can maybe take a group trip to Benihana's and talk about how beautiful the lyrics of John Lennon are.

Off to buy a lottery ticket... because now I am craving shrimp and sushi!

•••
•••
•••
I get bored of low ball offers these days too

Low ball offers for a generic .co with a threat thrown in if you don't agree to the price.

:(

NOTE: this wasn't on this forum.

•••
You can always tell them .onl or .xyz version is available to register when they send a low ball offer.

•••
I think the WTB thread is totally debased with all these low-ball offers. There used to be a time when I would visit the WTB forum, and have both bought and sold domains there. But not any more, because it's totally debased. Something should be done about it. But I don't have any good suggestions on how to clean it up.

•••
Back