Dynadot

Exabytes don't want to refund me

NameSilo
Watch

snuzzyki

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros members

I barely start new threads from quite a long time but today I appreciate any advice from you as more experienced members than I am

Today exabytes automatically charged me for a renewal of 2 domains with them while I was quite sure I have all my names everywhere disabled for auto renewal, they took the payment and I was lucky to read it and replied nearly immediately but they refused to refund, it was even the same hour,
It's not a problem to pay for something you like, but paying for something you don't need is quite unfair and
I barely asked in my life for any refunds here or there , do you guys think it's possible to cancel such services?

I appreciate any feedback and your time spent on my issue, thank you

Lucas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We see this a lot, this is how these cheap registrations get you. When you logged in you would have seen auto renewal off or on, and you should taken a screenshot of it.

•••
This is a humiliating practice , but thanks for your response wwwweb

•••
Are all your other names on or off auto renewal at this time? Picture is worth 1000 words @exa-Edward is representative of this company

•••
Well honestly I had only few names in my life with them, I have nothing against this company but in nowadays world and number of competitors things have to be done in professional manner, if world ( read people who I make services for require top quality it should work in both ways )

At this time I had just these 2 left and I believe they were auto renewed last year and after that time I made sure I have auto renewals turned off with all registrars I am using for my names including Exabytes, I forgave the renewal last year and it happened again.

Normally Godaddy would probably at least exchange these names especially that they are my learning time names where I wasn't too aware of what is fine what is absolutely not , even a compromise would be fine but not this - thank you for your time and your reply @MasterOfMyDomains , appreciate this

•••
This is a humiliating practice , but thanks for your response wwwweb
I understand what you are going thru here, so you had no intent to renew these domains? Or they renewed at the higher than roughly $9 charge you expected?

If so then sell them on namepros to recoup your costs?

•••
Ive the same experience but with dot/ster, they charge me two weeks before renewal date. So be careful with the TOS, I also was pretty sure that my domains wasnt autorenew enabled.

•••
•••
Hello Namepros members

I barely start new threads from quite a long time but today I appreciate any advice from you as more experienced members than I am

Today exabytes automatically charged me for a renewal of 2 domains with them while I was quite sure I have all my names everywhere disabled for auto renewal, they took the payment and I was lucky to read it and replied nearly immediately but they refused to refund, it was even the same hour,
It's not a problem to pay for something you like, but paying for something you don't need is quite unfair and
I barely asked in my life for any refunds here or there , do you guys think it's possible to cancel such services?

I appreciate any feedback and your time spent on my issue, thank you

Lucas
Hi @snuzzyki, we are sorry you have to go through this. Can you PM me your Exabytes account and domain so that I can help you to follow up with your issue?
Thank you.

•••
Looks like I had the same issue. Auto renewal was off and the domains aren't in my account anymore.
I was charged for 4 domains. I just sent a message to @exa-Edward.

•••
Looks like I had the same issue. Auto renewal was off and the domains aren't in my account anymore.
Got your message, I have replied to you as well. Please check your message inbox.

•••
I wanted to say this publicly...

I did receive my refund without any problems. It took about a week, but it came.

•••
I transferred all my domains out of Exabytes but they will not stop billing me for all of them. I am now even getting billed redemption fees for the domains I transferred out!!! I went on live chat and told them to stop billing me for anything else because I don't even have any domains with them, but they refuse to comply. They also just billed me for a hosting plan.

I want this nonsense stopped and a refund..

@exa-Edward

•••
I transferred all my domains out of Exabytes but they will not stop billing me for all of them. I am now even getting billed redemption fees for the domains I transferred out!!! I went on live chat and told them to stop billing me for anything else because I don't even have any domains with them, but they refuse to comply. They also just billed me for a hosting plan.

I want this nonsense stopped and a refund..

@exa-Edward
All these should not happen, let me contact you personally to handle this issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back