Dynadot

Feedback Request: Expired auction end time?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi Namepros community!

We've had a few requests to have a set daily end time for our expired auctions. Currently, our expired auctions end based on the registration time. We'd love your feedback to help us decide if we should keep our auction the way they are or change them to have a daily set end time. If you are for the set time, what time would be most ideal?

We really value your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to help us out!

Team Dynadot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The current system is fine. But if you do go to a daily set time, I'd request don't keep it around the expired domain drop time!

•••
Time diversity and grouping is fair and judicious: all auctions ending each day get placed into groups based on geographically-distributed, high-availability points in time that deviate from homologous groups by ten minutes. Diversity is essential to equal opportunity. :happy:

•••
Thanks for even asking us! That's so kind from your side. I would say that should be a time within both European and US working hours. Sorry, guys from Asia...

•••
The current system is fine!

Here are few other suggestions:

1. All domains should be awarded to bidders. I have observed that all high-quality domains are transferred out and domain owners are testing market value with your current auction system. Only mediocre names are awarded.

I have won VRGL.com, SocialFeeds.com, and many other domains but all are renewed/ transferred out once I paid for the auctions

2. Remove the lock on auctioned domains by default to enable internal push like Godaddy (we don't need 18 days auction lock)

3. Snipping is highly possible with the current system. The auction will extend only 10 minutes then no extra time. It should be extended for another five minutes if the highest bidder outbids!

-
Praveen

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back