IT.COM

Flippa Domains and the Quest for a (Near) Perfect Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's Your Preferred Way to Boost Exposure of Your Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

FlippaDomains

Established Member
Flippa.com Staff
Impact
// Flippa Domains -- FAQs and Feature Requests //

Rules: stay on topic. If you have a valid feature request, it will be added to the original checklist. "Likes" and "Thanks" will help rank things higher. Anything critical that fails to deliver a suggestion for improvement and/or anything off topic or that doesn't stimulate the discussion will be deleted.

Let me be very clear that below are suggestions we've heard or are hearing about currently, and some we are already working on behind the scenes. I mostly want to hear from those I haven't spoken to yet.

///

Upgrades
  • What if we slashed their prices?
  • What if we got rid of them outright?
  • What if a seller had to apply to receive an upgrade?
  • etc
Bidder Aliases
  • Will this expose shill bidders?
Auction Saturation
  • What if we limited the number of auctions?
etc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This might be a bit more of an "out there" suggestion, but potentially allowing sellers to choose the auction format might result in better results and more sales and greater commissions for Flippa

Ie make it so a seller can choose between Blind Tender or an English Auction.

The logic being for domains where there are likely to only be a couple of interested buyers or only one serious buyer then blind tender tends to work better because the bidder/s submits the highest price they are willing to pay and the highest price wins where as with an English Auction the price is determined by the level of competition.

ie if there are three bidders willing to pay $30, $70 and $250, with an English Auction the result ends up being $71, with a Blind Tender the result ends up being $250.

That said, if there are numerous buyers then English Auctions tend to work better as competition and emotions come into play.

Hhowever the vast majority of domains being sold on Flippa are not high enough quality to attract numerous bidders, many of them are lucky to attract one or two, which make them poor candidates for the English Auction format.

•••
Something I think could potentially be an interesting development for the whole domain industry would be allowing "vendor financing" for domain purchased via the Flippa portfolio catalogue.

Many small business owners find it difficult to justify paying thousands of dollars up front for a domain, but getting full use of a domain for weekly payments of less than a hundred dollars over year or two is quite manageable.

Creates more risk for domain sellers, but it would likely increase both the volume and value of sales substantially.

•••
Another thing I think would be nice is this :

When creating an auction, and I am asked for the auction description, instead of putting everything on one box and expecting me to format and everything , why not do this :-

Q1 what is the CPC of the domain? ( in h2 format for all questions)
So in this box I write the cpc of the domain

Q2 What is the broad search of the domain terms?
I write here the answer to this question

Q 3 What is the exact search terms (monthly) of this domain?
Answer goes here

Q4: What are the possible uses of this domain ?
Answer goes here

Q5: What are the comparable sales of this domain?

Q6 Add any other extra information that is related to this auction.

By doing it this way, it will give the buyer quick answers instead of having to get the answer from a big text that has all that information in one place

•••
Transparency. Not necessarily in who the bidders are because arguments can be made both ways - but in other fashions. As an example, and this is just one:

User Hatfield Ventures has a listing for Bundled auctions com - https://flippa.com/5580986-125-premium-domains-aged-valuable-high-cpc-rare-bundle

He lists his name as Josh and Hatfield Ventures, and a brief internet search turns up Hatfield Ventures and Josh and their activity in the domain market. The thing is, most of the domains in that listing are registered to Jason King and do not resolve to Josh and Hatfield Ventures at all. Somehow Hatfield Ventures (Josh) is selling domains in a bundle for Jason King. Is Hatfield a broker? Flippa insider?

As well, Hatfield ventures has an impressive sales history with Flippa, doing over 98k on 5 transactions there - yet has no feedback positive or negative, and no history under their user name of the previous transactions. Hatfield's history is not prone to vetting by anyone because Flippa doesn't have it, but that is not the case for all users who buy/sell domains there. So, things get suspicious from lack of transparency.

In order for Hatfield to sell someone else's domains as a broker he should have "Broker" labeled on his profile. His sales history is such that with his prior listings having been private, nobody knows who/what he is about. Likewise, it could be assumed by some that Jason King may have a history with Flippa and for whatever reason (ban, shill, whatever) he can still do business with people who may not wish to do business with him simply by using Hatfield Ventures as the Straw Man. Again, Transparency.

Furthermore, using the example, people have to wonder - is Hatfield/Josh actually paying for their premium listing, was it a gimme from Flippa for Hatfields huge revenues on 5 prior transactions, or..........? Personally, I don't care what Flippa gives away and to whom they give it, that's their business- but it brings me to my second piece of feedback......

Reasonably equitable:

Using the same example above, if you go to Flippa right now and simply click on "auctions" under domains, the second listing is for the one mentioned above. It is at $300 as of this post with 2 bids and 29 days remaining. But why? Looking further down the list you can find premium auctions of better quality, lesser time frame, more bids, lesser/more money - but this one is number 2. That doesn't seem equitable at all, and this same "flaw" for lack of more direct terms is a huge stop sign for using Flippa. It isn't equitable when one user may be brokering domains for someone else, and getting carte blanche treatments doing so, but they don't have their history there for us to see like most others do. As well, why should someone pay top money to promote their domain if Flippa can't run an equitable process?

Two of the top 5 listings when just clicking on "Auctions" is for user Pioneering Ventures - that indicates the user Pioneering Ventures is someone to somebody. The way Flippa employees - and be honest, Kevin - your own friends in domaining keep changing names over there at Flippa it's just too secretive, and not even remotely reasonably equitable.

Change your default auction tab to one metric only and stick with it so people know what they're getting. You know you can't make it ' views, or bids, or amount' because those metrics can be.....influenced? Make it by ending time by default.

When lacking transparency and equity, given the website's' history, changes to costs/layout/features...etc, will be moot to most domainers here at Namepros. Flippa's bread and butter is raking revenue from new users on a pipe dream willing to lay out big money on a low value domain with dreams of riches. Eventually that market will dwindle, and if Flippa hasn't bridged the gap with Domainers as a whole, Flippa will dwindle along with it.

Good luck.

Quick Edit: Just as an FYI since I used the listings as an example above, I did learn who "Jason" the owner of some of the domains in "Joshs" listings is -

Jason is this person - https://flippa.com/users/698100/listings

Last edited:
•••
Transparency. Not necessarily in who the bidders are because arguments can be made both ways - but in other fashions. As an example, and this is just one:

User Hatfield Ventures has a listing for Bundled auctions com - https://flippa.com/5580986-125-premium-domains-aged-valuable-high-cpc-rare-bundle

He lists his name as Josh and Hatfield Ventures, and a brief internet search turns up Hatfield Ventures and Josh and their activity in the domain market. The thing is, most of the domains in that listing are registered to Jason King and do not resolve to Josh and Hatfield Ventures at all. Somehow Hatfield Ventures (Josh) is selling domains in a bundle for Jason King. Is Hatfield a broker? Flippa insider?

As well, Hatfield ventures has an impressive sales history with Flippa, doing over 98k on 5 transactions there - yet has no feedback positive or negative, and no history under their user name of the previous transactions. Hatfield's history is not prone to vetting by anyone because Flippa doesn't have it, but that is not the case for all users who buy/sell domains there. So, things get suspicious from lack of transparency.

In order for Hatfield to sell someone else's domains as a broker he should have "Broker" labeled on his profile. His sales history is such that with his prior listings having been private, nobody knows who/what he is about. Likewise, it could be assumed by some that Jason King may have a history with Flippa and for whatever reason (ban, shill, whatever) he can still do business with people who may not wish to do business with him simply by using Hatfield Ventures as the Straw Man. Again, Transparency.

Furthermore, using the example, people have to wonder - is Hatfield/Josh actually paying for their premium listing, was it a gimme from Flippa for Hatfields huge revenues on 5 prior transactions, or..........? Personally, I don't care what Flippa gives away and to whom they give it, that's their business- but it brings me to my second piece of feedback......

Reasonably equitable:

Using the same example above, if you go to Flippa right now and simply click on "auctions" under domains, the second listing is for the one mentioned above. It is at $300 as of this post with 2 bids and 29 days remaining. But why? Looking further down the list you can find premium auctions of better quality, lesser time frame, more bids, lesser/more money - but this one is number 2. That doesn't seem equitable at all, and this same "flaw" for lack of more direct terms is a huge stop sign for using Flippa. It isn't equitable when one user may be brokering domains for someone else, and getting carte blanche treatments doing so, but they don't have their history there for us to see like most others do. As well, why should someone pay top money to promote their domain if Flippa can't run an equitable process?

Two of the top 5 listings when just clicking on "Auctions" is for user Pioneering Ventures - that indicates the user Pioneering Ventures is someone to somebody. The way Flippa employees - and be honest, Kevin - your own friends in domaining keep changing names over there at Flippa it's just too secretive, and not even remotely reasonably equitable.

Change your default auction tab to one metric only and stick with it so people know what they're getting. You know you can't make it ' views, or bids, or amount' because those metrics can be.....influenced? Make it by ending time by default.

When lacking transparency and equity, given the website's' history, changes to costs/layout/features...etc, will be moot to most domainers here at Namepros. Flippa's bread and butter is raking revenue from new users on a pipe dream willing to lay out big money on a low value domain with dreams of riches. Eventually that market will dwindle, and if Flippa hasn't bridged the gap with Domainers as a whole, Flippa will dwindle along with it.

Good luck.

Quick Edit: Just as an FYI since I used the listings as an example above, I did learn who "Jason" the owner of some of the domains in "Joshs" listings is -

Jason is this person - https://flippa.com/users/698100/listings
Are you a lawyer or detective? You investigatibe skills are priceless and the way you displayed. But lets give Flippa the benefit of the doubt and assume they cannot know all these things.

Having said that , it is amazing how that account , the second onw which os Jason is active when on their profile it says it lost a dispute. I know Flippa bans any user who loses a dispute.

It also links to another acount saying it has possible links. I can assume Flippa did not.know about people having many accounts but to say they loat a dispute and not get banned raises eye brows.

•••
Another feature that will be nice:

Give me the ability to communicate easily with the buyers I already sold things to . Like when I have a new domain or website, I want to first tell my previous buyers cause not all buyers watch every seller they buy from.

Another thing that would be nice is , give me some stats like number of sales I made with totals, number of things I bought with totals, etc.

•••
* I'm headed out of town for a stretch, but I'm excited to discuss some big product changes upon my return. I want to promise that everything mentioned here will be addressed in due time. Please keep the feedback coming... *

•••
Another thing I think would be nice is this :

When creating an auction, and I am asked for the auction description, instead of putting everything on one box and expecting me to format and everything , why not do this :-

Q1 what is the CPC of the domain? ( in h2 format for all questions)
So in this box I write the cpc of the domain

Q2 What is the broad search of the domain terms?
I write here the answer to this question

Q 3 What is the exact search terms (monthly) of this domain?
Answer goes here

Q4: What are the possible uses of this domain ?
Answer goes here

Q5: What are the comparable sales of this domain?

Q6 Add any other extra information that is related to this auction.

By doing it this way, it will give the buyer quick answers instead of having to get the answer from a big text that has all that information in one place

This is a bad idea. For most high-end domains, writing out this information is totally unnecessary and just distracts from the auction.

Turning Flippa into a clone of Sedo? It ain't gonna happen.

•••
This is a bad idea. For most high-end domains, writing out this information is totally unnecessary and just distracts from the auct.

You said for most High-End domains. So what about others? This will actually help buyers as they can quickly see what they need

•••
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upgrades

• What if we slashed their prices?
My opinion: Reducing it maximum to $100 would bring more business for Flippa users. Like slash it down 60%, you wont be giving free credits then.
  • What if we got rid of them outright?
No, not get rid of them outright, it wont help sellers nor buyers not even Flippa.
  • What if a seller had to apply to receive an upgrade?
No this option can develop a fight, like why you gave him an upgrade with a stupid domain imo, and why my domain was ignored.

Bidder Aliases
Let the bidder privacy exist, it is good for buyer user experience.

Auction Saturation
  • What if we limited the number of auctions?
This is not workable in long run & will bring more hassles than any good things, let the freedom exist.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

HI @FlippaDomains, above I posted my opinions on your points. Thanks for starting this thread.

Now I would like to talk on few things very briefly in good faith.

It would be great if Flippa focuses more on BUYER USER EXPERIENCE, it would ultimately help in getting business for sellers.

1. Navigation
Like for instance, if I am looking for Tourist domains, I can quickly navigate through all the auctions that are running, as well as all the tour industry based domains in users catalogs.
Connecting with the right navigation links should not take him more than 1-2 minutes.
Some sort of Category/Tags based sorting will be good.

This has been pointed out a lot of times, almost no views for free auctions, it needs quick positive result oriented response.
My suggestion:
FLIPPA interface looks like STAGNANT POOL of DOMAINS, There should be something FLOWING or FLOATING.
Like a ribbon HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL COLUMN where 500 top selected domains float with a controllable speed by visitors.

3. SOCIAL
See few thousand people at twitter & fb profiles dont work these days, specially when you have so many Tweets of domains daily, mostly ignored. You can very well see the individual tweet stats of how many people clicked the link.
REACH ONE MILLION twitter & FB followers at least in the next 12 months! How? Advertise for it at Twiends.com and FB & more than that REGULAR BLOGS at Flippa could help EVEN MORE. There should be at least 20-35 posts monthly for flippa readers on startups, entrepreneurship, blogging and websites.

Stopping here :)
//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

I wish every Flippa Team Member a Great Time.

Thanks again @FlippaDomains

•••
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bidder Aliases
Let the bidder privacy exist, it is good for buyer user experience.

[/USER]

All your points are good except this one, in my opinion. One of the major things that people are complaining about is THIS exact issue. I mentioned earlier that I found a domain I liked with no reserve price. I placed my bid.Some other members also placed their bids. In the final two hours, I made another bid to make to me highest bidder. Out of the blue, a bidder with a supper seller status with $647 K transactions simply started making numerous bids instantly, I bid , he bids instantly, until I reached a position where I decided to stop it because it is very suspicious. He then stopped when I made my last bid and I won the auction. Now you might say... how can this be suspicious? The auction was run by a Flippa broker and since now I know that each one kept more than 2 accounts, it is very clear. I did not talk to Flippa cause I got angry and did not want to tell them since they would have said You are just suspecting and it is normal. If he did not start doing these things in the last two hours of the auction, I would have won the auction with a quarter of what I had to pay now.

So this needs to stop. I am against employees bidding on domains at ALL , then I again, I think we will never know because, a super seller can be a Flippa employee or broker or both. So I beg to differ , it will not be good for the buyer at all cause the price is hiked when in fact a buyer could get a domain or site in less than that.

My suspicions were right when you read the thread by @Shane Bellone

Even if bidders know who is bidding against them it is O.K in my opinion because at the end of the day , each one of us will pay what they feel comfortable with.

But still, I think there is no foul prove way to make sure that Flippa employees of any level WILL NOT under any circumstances bid on domains or anything being sold on their marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
All your points are good except this one, in my opinion. One of the major things that people are complaining about is THIS exact issue. I mentioned earlier that I found a domain I liked with no reserve price. I placed my bid.Some other members also placed their bids. In the final two hours, I made another bid to make to me highest bidder. Out of the blue, a bidder with a supper seller status with $647 K transactions simply started making numerous bids instantly, I bid , he bids instantly, until I reached a position where I decided to stop it because it is very suspicious. He then stopped when I made my last bid and I won the auction. Now you might say... how can this be suspicious? The auction was run by a Flippa broker and since now I know that each one kept more than 2 accounts, it is very clear. I did not talk to Flippa cause I got angry and did not want to tell them since they would have said You are just suspecting and it is normal. If he did not start doing these things in the last two hours of the auction, I would have won the auction with a quarter of what I had to pay now.

So this needs to stop. I am against employees bidding on domains at ALL , then I again, I think we will never know because, a super seller can be a Flippa employee or broker or both. So I beg to differ , it will not be good for the buyer at all cause the price is hiked when in fact a buyer could get a domain or site in less than that.

My suspicions were right when you read the thread by @Shane Bellone

Even if bidders know who is bidding against them it is O.K in my opinion because at the end of the day , each one of us will pay what they feel comfortable with.

But still, I think there is no foul prove way to make sure that Flippa employees of any level WILL NOT under any circumstances bid on domains or anything being sold on their marketplace.

Appreciate your views.

Just wish to share a technical thing that is sometimes taken as suspicious.
It is like when an auction is at $10 & you see the next bid by Mr.A of $15, then you bid $20, instantaneously you see a bid of $25 by Mr.A, this instantaneous thing confuses people a lot & they take it as suspicious, What actually happened was that when the auction was at $10, Mr.A made a bid of $50, but it didnt show as $50 then, it incrementally came again & again by the system that is all right & things work this way.

So this might happened in your case when you pointed out the case when you were again & again outbid by that superseller, he was not coming again & again, he just put his maximum bid once.

Thanks again for the reply, pleasure connecting with you.

•••
Appreciate your views.

Just wish to share a technical thing that is sometimes taken as suspicious.
It is like when an auction is at $10 & you see the next bid by Mr.A of $15, then you bid $20, instantaneously you see a bid of $25 by Mr.A, this instantaneous thing confuses people a lot & they take it as suspicious, What actually happened was that when the auction was at $10, Mr.A made a bid of $50, but it didnt show as $50 then, it incrementally came again & again by the system that is all right & things work this way.

So this might happened in your case when you pointed out the case when you were again & again outbid by that superseller, he was not coming again & again, he just put his maximum bid once.

Thanks again for the reply, pleasure connecting with you.

I appreciate your views too :)

I did not know Flippa does this. So what you mean is that Flippa kept his bid and at the final two hours it starting posting it as increments of $5 ? Strange to be honest cause it is very strange. The bids were an instant reply to my bids. I bid and I refresh and there is a bid. Somehow, I dont believe Flippa's system has something like this. I did hear they post the highest you bid once auction commences and that has now been stopped and you cannot do this now cause I tried and it exactly requires the increment or higher and posts the bid when it is approved instead of it say doing it in halfs, say for example I want to pay $1000 for a domain, then I first bid $10 , I have $990 still left which can be divided into many bids. It is not possible.

Based on this article, http://flippa.com/blog/new-on-flippa-automatic-bid-management/ dated JUNE 18, 2012 , that is when they introduced it. And again on this article http://flippa.com/blog/new-on-flippa-automatic-bid-management/ dated ON JUNE 18, 2012 is talking about the same thing.

If this feature is available for super sellers and not to the other members, then maybe there is but for me , it is not working.

Oh, on the same topic , Shill bidding, I found this article http://domainnamewire.com/2015/01/26/buying-bids-at-flippa/ , dated JANUARY 26, 2015 and titled "
Buying Bids at Flippa: A look at marketplace integrity "

It is talking about a site that existed where you could buy bids. The site's name http://flippabid.com/ ? The domain is now for sale through the Afternic marketplace. Quoting part of that article, it says "
To be absolutely clear, shill bidding “is strictly forbidden on Flippa“. Yet when Flippa does close down an account due to abuse, the company is unlikely to shine a spotlight on past fraudulent bids – bids that may have inflated purchase prices and which certainly diminished the visibility of concurrent, legitimate, paid-for listings. As long as suspicious cases are quietly reported to Flippa management and (at best) quietly shut down, the larger issue of ongoing shill bidding remains unaddressed.

Why does Flippa attract shill bidders, “buddy bidding”, and potentially fake comments?

Unlike most domain auction platforms, Flippa charges a base listing fee and pushes customers toward upgrades costing as much as $349 per auction. Standard Flippa listings have literally shrunk so that these days they’re harder to spot on the screen! Flippa gives out these $349 upgrades to some sellers at no cost and frequently includes their listings in promotional emails; so there’s considerable extra pressure to compete for visibility.

That leaves sellers with two options for boosting on-site exposure: expensive upgrades or bids."

"To be fair to Flippa, the company has taken some steps to improve marketplace transparency. For example, you can see how much a bidder has transacted through the platform; and Flippa also marks commenters as banned if they are ever removed from the system.

Still, without bidder aliases and an archive of past results, it’s hard to connect the dots.

Verification remains weak. Only a phone verification is required to place comments (which can be easily achieved with a Google Voice number). A credit card pre-authorization is required to bid above $200. Such credit card verifications don’t stop shills. GoDaddy Auctions recently essentially admitted that such verifications aren’t enough and added additional verification requirements to place meaningful bids.

One big step Flippa could take is to assign bidder aliases to each bidder, much like NameJet does."

Exact quotes from that article. Please read the article for more information.

•••
Hello,

I like Flippa. Its a professional built platform. However, I've sold 5-10 times more via SEDO and Afternic, than via "My Domain Portfolio" on Flippa the last 10 months. Personally, I think all the attention is focused on the auctions.

I understand that the auctions are prioritized, but as Flippa benefits from all sales, I really would appreciate some more highlight on the regular listings. I would not mind a 15% success fee either.

•••
Create a MUCH BIGGER customer support team so that you can react faster. I know you're based in S.F. and Melbourne, but perhaps time to outsource to PH or IN.
I was interested in creating a listing, but it appears to be so vanilla dull. Perhaps add in a simple WSIWYG editor ?
So people who are creative can make their listing pages pop.

Also expand ways to verify traffic numbers.
I run a small traffic collecting info site and have ethical issues with adding in Google Analytics when I create a listing.
Google should not and is not the be all end all to understanding traffic numbers.
I don't think I'll mind paying for upgrades to stand out against crap sites, so I hope you don't take away these options.

•••
Hello,

I like Flippa. Its a professional built platform. However, I've sold 5-10 times more via SEDO and Afternic, than via "My Domain Portfolio" on Flippa the last 10 months. Personally, I think all the attention is focused on the auctions.

I understand that the auctions are prioritized, but as Flippa benefits from all sales, I really would appreciate some more highlight on the regular listings. I would not mind a 15% success fee either.

Why ? I think 10% is already a turn off when sellers already pay for listing and upgrades.

•••
Why ? I think 10% is already a turn off when sellers already pay for listing and upgrades.

I meant from the domain portfolios, not from auctions. But obviously I prefer a low number as well.

•••
Lol, thank you dude. Someone with "common sense".
And I mean that in a respectful way.
Like really???
It blatantly says we're connected and does not take Sherlock to figure that out.
So thank you for responding back to that cat guy lol.
To everyone, so things are clear.
I am Jason and Josh is my Business Partner in many companies.

And we decided a good way to come up with capital for a new venture we are starting is by combining our domains for a Bundle Auction, to gain extra funds to proceed.

And yes, I do have to agree that flippa needs more verification.
Especially on large amount sales.
I get messaged by people all the time, who I know I have spoke to before with different user names and the profile being 1 month old or even new, and they have already placed bids on other auctions.
This is no good.
When it comes to this industry, networking is great, communicating with others is great and asking questions is great.
Nothing at all wrong with contacting Josh or Myself and just asking.
You would have kindly responded and answered your questions.
Just Partners looking to gain capital for an upcoming venture selling domains in a nice Bundle auction.
Other than that, if you guys have any more questions,
feel free to contact either Josh or Myself and we will be happy to clear up whatever misunderstanding or negative outlook you may have on us being business partners running a combined auction to gain extra capital for an up coming project we are looking to do.

Thank you,
Any questions,
Please feel free to contact either of us.
@FirstRated , you posted twice the same poat : D . My reply was not about the link that Flippa says might be there...for it says.. Possible Links. And dont take it personally but this is about trying to improve and trying to get common and fair treatment for all users. I saw first hand this week thw kinda of preferential treatment which super sellers get.

So again, I can see the sarcasm and no it is not about you specifically but if you insiat how come Jason lost a dispute and still have the account active? I know for sure Flippa bans permanently anyone who does serious things that are against their ToS.

Oh I get it , it is not applied to all people .. That is the only logical answer.

As for the person I was replying to , I dont know what you mean cat guy , but @Raindrops is female.

•••
@FirstRated , you posted twice the same poat : D . My reply was not about the link that Flippa says might be there...for it says.. Possible Links. And dont take it personally but this is about trying to improve and trying to get common and fair treatment for all users. I saw first hand this week thw kinda of preferential treatment which super sellers get.

So again, I can see the sarcasm and no it is not about you specifically but if you insiat how come Jason lost a dispute and still have the account active? I know for sure Flippa bans permanently anyone who does serious things that are against their ToS.

Oh I get it , it is not applied to all people .. That is the only logical answer.

As for the person I was replying to , I dont know what you mean cat guy , but @Raindrops is female.

Hey brotha,
Yea I think it saved as draft because I got a phone call and did not realize it saved.
But anyways,
Sorry if it came of like sarcasm. Hope you got my PM.
I am Jason.
The Dispute was because someone won an auction and after the auction, they pm'd me saying they did not have the funds. So I sold the auction to the next highest winner.
But then the buyer decided he had the funds after we agreed the sale was off and after we discussed many options ect... then after I sold it, he filed a complaint against me. And the Dispute was in his favor, because the time frame rule. But I appealed it, because he won the auction, stated multiple times that he cannot pay ect... told flippa to look at the PM's ect... so then they must have looked into it, and apparently it stuck on my profile.
But whatever, it is what it is.

But yea, I can 100% agree.
I see hard core preferential treatment left and right on there.
I mean... it is ridiculous sometimes and not fair to us. We're actually paying the listing fees, which somehow went up/down/upside down now after the changes. And we are hoping that our auctions "at the very least" even out/break even if there is no ROI coming our way, and here go people getting (without a doubt, because it just does not financially add up) free listings, upgrades ect... selling their auctions wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under what can be an ROI, "EVEN" if they received the domain ect... for free.
Something has happened to the marketplace...
And not just preferential treatment wise.
This has a major effect on the industry in general.
Which are peoples lively hoods, livings and way of life.
And when I say that, there is so many individuals who are just crashing because the listing fees, the boosts and more, and others are just beating them down the lists for absolutely free of charge, and taking away their exposure, while at the same time, it seems as though they can post an unlimited amount of domains, sites, apps (or whatever the property is) which is general devaluing the crap out of other properties. Especially the domain industry.
I mean....
I am seeing the people who are getting that treatment, sell domains for great money.
Then seeing domains that are truly valuable, from someone who is not getting that treatment and they are just seeing a bust.
So in general.
I agree.
Changes can indeed be made, in many many ways.
And once again,
I apologize for any means of sarcasm, as I was truly thanking you, but I guess it was my sense of humor, followed by the other post of being bashed on for no good reason.
I am sure if any individual here was in my shoes, they would have felt defensive as well, since my partner and I are getting spoken about in an improper manner and no one even took the liberty of simply contacting one of us and inquiring about the situation, and just shoot for the jugular.
Josh and I are just hoping to gain some capital for a project we are working on/this new venture and coming up with "Bundle Auction" seemed like a great idea for us to combine our names since we're partners and see if that would help.
But in a nutshell.
They are the marketplace. So as of now, unless we all decide to unite or something... all we can do is either roll with the punches, figure out solutions, communicate with one another, gather up or just team up with serious domainers/flippers ect.. and create another marketplace of some sort, with a twist, something unique that they don't have and more. All while applying the proper verification ect... within it.
Safety is key and that is all. Especially buying and selling.
And for the shistey bidders, shady profiles ect...
Everyone needs to be aware an keep an eye out for users grammar on there, their bidding habits, possible links, the way they comment, and try to pick up the little things that will give what the fast ones they are trying to pull away and raise a red flag. I have identified A LOT of users like that.
It's not Flippas security/verification.
But ya know what...
It's your gut feeling. And 2 sense. Ya gotta follow it for sure.
This can really help identify people who are there to screw things up.
But anyways,
Hope you understand I wasn't being sarcastic and hope you understand that I am only about professionalism over here, both Josh and I.
And if anyone has any questions,
please feel free to PM me or Josh anytime.
And also, if anyone is serious about a marketplace (not competing with namepros) <--- this way this is not taken out of context by anyone, please... by all means... let's talk.

•••
Hey brotha,
Yea I think it saved as draft because I got a phone call and did not realize it saved.
But anyways,
Sorry if it came of like sarcasm. Hope you got my PM.
I am Jason.
The Dispute was because someone won an auction and after the auction, they pm'd me saying they did not have the funds. So I sold the auction to the next highest winner.
But then the buyer decided he had the funds after we agreed the sale was off and after we discussed many options ect... then after I sold it, he filed a complaint against me. And the Dispute was in his favor, because the time frame rule. But I appealed it, because he won the auction, stated multiple times that he cannot pay ect... told flippa to look at the PM's ect... so then they must have looked into it, and apparently it stuck on my profile.
But whatever, it is what it is.

But yea, I can 100% agree.
I see hard core preferential treatment left and right on there.
I mean... it is ridiculous sometimes and not fair to us. We're actually paying the listing fees, which somehow went up/down/upside down now after the changes. And we are hoping that our auctions "at the very least" even out/break even if there is no ROI coming our way, and here go people getting (without a doubt, because it just does not financially add up) free listings, upgrades ect... selling their auctions wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy under what can be an ROI, "EVEN" if they received the domain ect... for free.
Something has happened to the marketplace...
And not just preferential treatment wise.
This has a major effect on the industry in general.
Which are peoples lively hoods, livings and way of life.
And when I say that, there is so many individuals who are just crashing because the listing fees, the boosts and more, and others are just beating them down the lists for absolutely free of charge, and taking away their exposure, while at the same time, it seems as though they can post an unlimited amount of domains, sites, apps (or whatever the property is) which is general devaluing the crap out of other properties. Especially the domain industry.
I mean....
I am seeing the people who are getting that treatment, sell domains for great money.
Then seeing domains that are truly valuable, from someone who is not getting that treatment and they are just seeing a bust.
So in general.
I agree.
Changes can indeed be made, in many many ways.
And once again,
I apologize for any means of sarcasm, as I was truly thanking you, but I guess it was my sense of humor, followed by the other post of being bashed on for no good reason.
I am sure if any individual here was in my shoes, they would have felt defensive as well, since my partner and I are getting spoken about in an improper manner and no one even took the liberty of simply contacting one of us and inquiring about the situation, and just shoot for the jugular.
Josh and I are just hoping to gain some capital for a project we are working on/this new venture and coming up with "Bundle Auction" seemed like a great idea for us to combine our names since we're partners and see if that would help.
But in a nutshell.
They are the marketplace. So as of now, unless we all decide to unite or something... all we can do is either roll with the punches, figure out solutions, communicate with one another, gather up or just team up with serious domainers/flippers ect.. and create another marketplace of some sort, with a twist, something unique that they don't have and more. All while applying the proper verification ect... within it.
Safety is key and that is all. Especially buying and selling.
And for the shistey bidders, shady profiles ect...
Everyone needs to be aware an keep an eye out for users grammar on there, their bidding habits, possible links, the way they comment, and try to pick up the little things that will give what the fast ones they are trying to pull away and raise a red flag. I have identified A LOT of users like that.
It's not Flippas security/verification.
But ya know what...
It's your gut feeling. And 2 sense. Ya gotta follow it for sure.
This can really help identify people who are there to screw things up.
But anyways,
Hope you understand I wasn't being sarcastic and hope you understand that I am only about professionalism over here, both Josh and I.
And if anyone has any questions,
please feel free to PM me or Josh anytime.
And also, if anyone is serious about a marketplace (not competing with namepros) <--- this way this is not taken out of context by anyone, please... by all means... let's talk.

All is clear . No problems ban. People were jut pointing out how Flippa treats super sellers since Shane brought that to out attention and no direct attack on Jason/Josh :)

Thank you for taking the time to post here and clarify things, specially , the dispute,

•••
Just have a couple of questions.

1. What are the requirements for achieving Super Seller status? I've sold quite a number of domains on the platform (about 20 to 25, I think) but nothing's changed.

2. I tried contacting [email protected] a few times regarding brokerage of certain domains, but this was during the DNHoldings acquisition and my messages seem to have been forgotten. Does Flippa still offer the domain brokerage option?

•••
Implement escrow of domain once the reserve is met.

•••
Implement escrow of domain once the reserve is met.
Excellent Idea. I lost two domains I won when the seller backed out of the sale. This will be good.

•••
Do not allow sellers to accept pending bidder(s) after reserve met auctions end.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back