news From $4,000 offer to a $50,000 sale

NameSilo
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone!

It was in July 2020 when I received an offer of $4,000 on BridgeMoney.com (acquired the domain in partnership with Jamie Zoch) which was then revised to $5,750 as the best and final offer. At that time the BIN was $12,888. I declined. A month later the buyer came up with $9,000. Again the offer was declined.

Fast forward to 1st April 2022, the buyer came up with $20,000 (with BIN at $50,000 this time). I said that I’ll be accepting very close to the BIN. The buyer came up to $26,000 and said it’s their max budget. Again their offer was politely declined. I gave a deadline during which the buyer didn’t make a reasonable offer to be accepted.

Then on 27th May 2022, Afternic broker was able to bring the buyer up to $41,000 but because I’ve revised the BIN to $100,000, I said to give them $50,000 as floor price and provide them with a 10 days deadline for accepting the offer. Otherwise I won’t be selling even at this price in the future.

And today I got the good news that the domain is sold for $50,000!

Many congrats and thanks to my Afternic rep, the broker and my long time friend and partner Jamie Zoch! :xf.love:

Feel free to give any feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations!
Dude you've got some crazy negotiation skills 👌

•••
Makes me excited to read this one bump for money keyword.

•••
•••
•••
The more money you make, the easier it is to turn down offers. Most people would have taken 26k unless they are living comfy or already had another buyer willing to pay around 20k. Congrats.

Last edited:
•••
As the buyer I would have also taken the MoneyBridge Domain – sounds better in my opinion. Congratulation on the sale!

•••
As the buyer I would have also taken the MoneyBridge Domain – sounds better in my opinion. Congratulation on the sale!
Thanks for the wishes and feedback. Appreciate that.

Also thanks each and everyone for your comments and feedback. (y) :xf.love:

•••
Strange domain name for such price, but congrats none the less. I think most people would have either never registered this or sold this for $xxx or $xxxx.

@william Your right "Most" people wouldn't, because most people not well versed in "DeFi" or Crypto for that matter.

"Bridge" is a Huge term in these 2 niches which work conjointly.

@Brandmore I see your point, but in this order 1bridge>2Money it's doing exactly what the term means to do, it is a call to action brandable of a term put to use.

Bridges - or a "Bridge" in web3/DeFi/Crypto lingo are are tools that allow the creation of synthetic derivatives that represent an asset from another blockchain tool.

Many platforms utilize bridges, all to cross the $cash/Digtal$ over from one chain to another.

Anyone invested in NFT's Crypto or working in blockchain knows and understand this to- Bridge- Money- is just that.

It's a GREAT name for the space, and he got a great price, I too would have aimed for this figure.

Congrats @AbdulBasit.com

Last edited:
•••
@william Your right "Most" people wouldn't, because most people not well versed in "DeFi" or Crypto for that matter.

"Bridge" is a Huge term in these 2 niches which work conjointly.

@Brandmore I see your point, but in this order 1bridge>2Money it's doing exactly what the term means to do, it is a call to action brandable of a term put to use.

Bridges - or a "Bridge" in web3/DeFi/Crypto lingo are are tools that allow the creation of synthetic derivatives that represent an asset from another blockchain tool.

Many platforms utilize bridges, all to cross the $cash/Digtal$ over from one chain to another.

Anyone invested in NFT's Crypto or working in blockchain knows and understand this to- Bridge- Money- is just that.

It's a GREAT name for the space, and he got a great price, I too would have aimed for this figure.

Congrats @AbdulBasit.com

Thanks and that's wonderfully explained (y) :happy:

•••
•••
Hello everyone!

It was in July 2020 when I received an offer of $4,000 on BridgeMoney.com (acquired the domain in partnership with Jamie Zoch) which was then revised to $5,750 as the best and final offer. At that time the BIN was $12,888. I declined. A month later the buyer came up with $9,000. Again the offer was declined.

Fast forward to 1st April 2022, the buyer came up with $20,000 (with BIN at $50,000 this time). I said that I’ll be accepting very close to the BIN. The buyer came up to $26,000 and said it’s their max budget. Again their offer was politely declined. I gave a deadline during which the buyer didn’t make a reasonable offer to be accepted.

Then on 27th May 2022, Afternic broker was able to bring the buyer up to $41,000 but because I’ve revised the BIN to $100,000, I said to give them $50,000 as floor price and provide them with a 10 days deadline for accepting the offer. Otherwise I won’t be selling even at this price in the future.

And today I got the good news that the domain is sold for $50,000!

Many congrats and thanks to my Afternic rep, the broker and my long time friend and partner Jamie Zoch! :xf.love:

Feel free to give any feedback no matter how good or good it is :xf.wink:
Congratulations

•••
Congrats on the sale

Last edited:
•••
What a great and inspiring sale, @AbdulBasit.com! Congratulations on the negotiation and sale! And to your partner, Jamie Zoch. Thanks for sharing the news here.
Bob

•••
Wow, another whopping amount to get from a nice two word dot com, long may it continue. Congrats on being so tough on the floor price, you did it once again. Thank you for sharing the insights also @AbdulBasit.com 👏

•••
Congratulations Abdul Basit, and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

•••
•••
Back