Dynadot

domains Gems.com sold for $1.5 MILLION

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Mark Thomas at VIP Brokerage represented the seller and the buyer seems to be Gem Shopping Network, Inc.

"Dazzling Acquisition of Gems.com for $1.5 Million Gives Gem Shopping Network One of the Internet's Most Prestigious Addresses" Source: DNJournal

Congrats both to the seller and buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buyer got a crazy steal! Hope the seller does something real good with the capital.

•••
Buyer got a crazy steal! Hope the seller does something real good with the capital.
Why do you always say the same things over and over again for every sale you see? You really think it was undersold?

•••
Why do you always say the same things over and over again for every sale you see? You really think it was undersold?
I don't say it for every sale, it just looks like it because I only point it out when I feel the name was undersold.

Yes, 1.5 mil for gems, a 4L meaningful .com that passes the radio test and can have many uses from financial to general luxury, is a steal at 1.5 mil.

•••
I have seen their channel from time to time when flipping through cable.

It's an incredible buy for that company when it comes to targeted traffic, marketing, and credibility.

Brad

•••
I don't say it for every sale, it just looks like it because I only point it out when I feel the name was undersold.

Yes, 1.5 mil for gems, a 4L meaningful .com that passes the radio test and can have many uses from financial to general luxury, is a steal at 1.5 mil.
How much would you sell it for?

•••
Fantastic domain, fantastic sale. Thanks for the info.

•••
Perfect domain for international brand

•••
GEMS.COM was always a domain I would have loved to own, but could never afford. A one off. It will suit the buyers business well.

•••
Perfect domain for international brand
Interesting that it's not really international, or wasn't. Goes to show how big of a market the US is, IMO..

Perhaps they're planning to go global.

•••
Crystals.com sold for $188,000 -so this is a nice sale, but with some single crystals now selling at $1MIL to $22MIL, and with a rare blue gem selling at auction last week for $47 Million, I agree the buyer got a deal.

Last edited:
•••
Gems.com is wayyy better than Crystals.com, imo

Wow, I mean, I'd sell my whole portfolio for $1.5m, but still, that's a great deal on a domain this sexy, easy to remember, just all over amazing name imo. Now the seller can retire with some nice luxuries, Cuban cigars, and some fine women by the beach. haha

•••
Gems.com is wayyy better than Crystals.com, imo
Gems is a gem of a word, but word-V-word marketwise... "crystals" gets nearly twice as many results as "gems". And, while gems are rarer -so sell for more on average. The Crystals market is broader than jewelry.

"gems" About 214,000,000 results
"crystals" About 396,000,000 results

The Market for Crystals Is Outshining Diamonds in the Covid Era
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tals-are-outshining-diamonds-in-the-covid-era

•••
Gems is a gem of a word, but word-V-word marketwise... "crystals" gets nearly twice as many results as "gems". And, while gems are rarer -so sell for more on average. The Crystals market is broader than jewelry.

"gems" About 214,000,000 results
"crystals" About 396,000,000 results

The Market for Crystals Is Outshining Diamonds in the Covid Era
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tals-are-outshining-diamonds-in-the-covid-era
Maybe so, but Gems has a wider range of usage, imo.

•••
Maybe so, but Gems has a wider range of usage, imo.
The widest range of usage is not really an 'opinion'. Nor is there any question about it; the science of crystallography alone beats 'gem usage' silly. Add all the critical crystal applications in tech., from quartz crystals in watches, to liquid crystals, to lasers, to Silicon Valley itself, and the web of silicon-crystal chips that generated the cyberspace you just used to post. I could go on and on, like a time crystal. 🔮:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The widest range of usage is not really an 'opinion'. Nor is there any question about it; the science of crystallography alone beats 'gem usage' silly. Add all the critical crystal applications in tech., from quartz crystals in watches, to liquid crystals, to lasers, to Silicon Valley itself, and the web of silicon-crystal chips that generated the cyberspace you just used to post. I could go on and on, like a time crystal. 🔮:xf.wink:
Hes not talking about the science he is saying more niches could happily and easily use the generic word gems over the specific word crystals. (I think thats what he means)

The singular Crystal, also being a name, is far more valuable than the plural in this case. Gem and Gems both more valuable than Crystals.

Last edited:
•••
Hes not talking about the science he is saying more niches could happily and easily use the generic word gems over the specific word crystals. (I think thats what he means)

The singular Crystal, also being a name, is far more valuable than the plural in this case. Gem and Gems both more valuable than Crystals.
Who is just talking about the science? I also included the exact word search results which shows actual usage, in niches, generic, specific and all other instances... including the singular usage:

"gem" About 665,000,000 results
"crystal" About 1,880,000,000 results

Of course "more niches could" use the generic word gems. But saying it does not prove that. Show me.

•••
How much would you sell it for?
I would get $2,500,000 or more for and use my broker he take just 10%. 1.5 million is undersold

•••
That's a good piece of business. I wouldn't say it undersold but Gems is an extremely fantastic word. Both buyer and seller got a great deal.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It is a great domain name, very good for the buyer!

•••
It’s a great sale , the buyer has some negative equity though IMO , quite a bit of negative equity on this domain IMO

•••
Wow, it's a great sale. Thank you for sharing the information with us, it was very informative

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back